First lvl 85 or...

Options
So Im just over 3 weeks in now and working on that 1 to 2 transition. I can push today and tomorrow and Max out wolvie (currently lvl 76). I am also now tanking in the pvp and pve events for ares covers. Getting those 2 covers will allow me to put ares into the 60s. So the question is would i rather have 85 wolvie with 1 star storm and widow or 76 wolvie for a bit with a 60something ares?

Comments

• From the sound of it, it seems like you can get Top 100 or Top 50 whenever you feel like it, so there's really no difference between leveling Wolvie, Ares, or doing nothing at all. I would hang onto the ISO for a little while longer and see what to do later. You'll be kicking yourself if you chose to spend the ISO on Wolvie, then the next PvE has Ares as a powered up hero

I would say that maxing Wolvie helps your offensive team the most. Replacing M Black Widow with Ares could make you a less attractive target to hit, so Ares would help you slightly on defense but I think you'll still be a pretty juicy target for players to hit

If you can get Top 50 or Top 100 with your current set-up, I would say wait until the next PvE to see if Ares is powered up. If he is powered up I would invest in him immediately. Otherwise, I would max Wolvie, not because it would help you win now, but because maxing feels good icon_e_smile.gif
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So Im just over 3 weeks in now and working on that 1 to 2 transition. I can push today and tomorrow and Max out wolvie (currently lvl 76). I am also now tanking in the pvp and pve events for ares covers. Getting those 2 covers will allow me to put ares into the 60s. So the question is would i rather have 85 wolvie with 1 star storm and widow or 76 wolvie for a bit with a 60something ares?

Max Wolverine, Modern Widow and Modern Storm are both very powerful in their own right and will well with a maxed Wolvie. Wolverine is a very strong character and should be taken to 85 as your first order of business, then you can see about leveling up your Ares. I am assuming your Modern Storm is maxed right? If Storm is not maxed, max her right after Wolverine, THEN focus on Ares.

Make sure your wolverine build is 5/5/3 and move to it when you get covers if it is not.
  • On a side note, Wolvie seems to be powered up a lot lately in the last couple of events.
  • I appreciate the input. My wolvie is a 4 5 4. But thats only because of the covers Ive gotten. It just feels wrong to purposefully not get as high as possible in events (a mistake I made before finding this forum in the last week), but one or two covers for GSBW and Torch are really pointless I suppose, whereas the three ares covers from the two events gives me 4/3/5 on him. Just needed to hear I was on the right track. Thanks again.
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Don't dismiss the value of a single Torch cover. Often following the introduction of a new character, there are nodes in the next PVE event that can only be played if you have that cover, like the new Cap in the current Red ISO. Having even a single cover lets you access these and opens more rewards as well as more points to help your rank. Normally there is no barriers in PVP, they tend to give you a loner to test drive, but if you can get that cover now as a placement reward and have a free slot for it, you might be kicking yourself later if you don't and you want to maximize your PVE harvesting.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beast1970 wrote:
    Don't dismiss the value of a single Torch cover. Often following the introduction of a new character, there are nodes in the next PVE event that can only be played if you have that cover, like the new Cap in the current Red ISO. Having even a single cover lets you access these and opens more rewards as well as more points to help your rank. Normally there is no barriers in PVP, they tend to give you a loner to test drive, but if you can get that cover now as a placement reward and have a free slot for it, you might be kicking yourself later if you don't and you want to maximize your PVE harvesting.

Yeah, you should definitely pick up a single cover of each new hero: it'll really help for subsequent pve events.