Reinforcements Tournament

Comments

• Not sure how that one turned out. I was hovering between 2nd and 4th near the end and saw a couple names from the forum so I don't have high hopes. I'll be happy with two Lokis though. They would be handy in the lightning rounds if nothing else.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Sooty wrote:
    Yowzas my bracket suddenly spun to life in the last 20 minutes (with Mr zzzwolph in it no less). I was lucky to squeeze into top 10.
    I was in the same bracket. Sat comfortably at 26-50, not even getting attacked once. I got like 3 or 4 excess blues. I neeeed purples.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Zathrus wrote:
    Damnit, got hit in the last minute for 33 points... knocked me down to 983. #1 and #2 have 984. But that was the ONLY retaliation for the last couple of hours.

It's not so much that I wanted the Wolvy cover as I didn't want the Loki covers. Would've rather had the BW covers. Oh well.

How much does a wolvie cover sell for? At least 2x loki covers are worth 50 HP.

Edit: Just checked 200 ISO and 50 HP. You actually get more from selling 2 loki covers then lol. (except of course 1st place gave you another 50 HP)
  • I was going for BW, quit early and STILL ended up with Loki. Geez. Lol. I was sure I'd get attacked at least a couple of times with time left on the clock.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I already have all the widow covers, I'm actually tanking for a heroic chip. icon_cry.gif
    Really? Lucky draws, HP upgrades? I didn't think there'd been enough events to max her yet.

3 lucky draws, one Hp upgrade and the rest I won as prizes.

My heroic token draw was for Captain America. Boooooo
  • Sooty wrote:

Edit: Just checked 200 ISO and 50 HP. You actually get more from selling 2 loki covers then lol. (except of course 1st place gave you another 50 HP)
    Why would you even sell it?
  • Managed to land in the 26-50 range where I wanted. I was sitting at 43 with a bit less than 10 minutes left. I decided I would do one more match with the highest value retaliation I had. Waited until there were 3 minutes left, then began a match...with one of the worst board setups I've seen. Only 3 red tiles on the whole board. I didn't actually finish until after time expired. Fortunately, I didn't get attacked again.
  • Well damn. Was at 3 with less than a minute till tourney end, and results say I dropped below the rank 10 threshold. That was dumb. Oh well, got a purple Loki at least.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Aaaaarrrgh, I got bumped up from #29 into the top 25 somehow. Now I have a useless 1-cover Loki taking up a spot when I really wanted the 2 Original Widow covers. What a waste of time.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Sooty wrote:

Why would you even sell it?

If you already max'ed it of course.

Edit:
    Aaaaarrrgh, I got bumped up from #29 into the top 25 somehow. Now I have a useless 1-cover Loki taking up a spot when I really wanted the 2 Original Widow covers. What a waste of time.

Cough it up. You're not going to stave off buying a cover slot forever, d3p won't have that icon_e_wink.gif
  • Ended up greyed out for ten of the final fifteen minutes and got stuck in the top 10. Not sure if I'd have hit the 984 Zathrus was talking about, but I got to 950 or so missing at least three matches...
  • Finished 25 exactly unfortunately. I wanted the Widow covers.
  • jozier wrote:
    Finished 25 exactly unfortunately. I wanted the Widow covers.

Aww, man, that sucks. I wish you could choose a lower reward, but implementing that would not be trivial.
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    Ended up greyed out for ten of the final fifteen minutes and got stuck in the top 10. Not sure if I'd have hit the 984 Zathrus was talking about, but I got to 950 or so missing at least three matches...

Oh man, that sucks. You might've been able to -- I actually hit 1000 (coming from around 800) in the last couple hours. With 5 minutes to go I was in the top 3 in the upper 900s and hunted down a 25 pointer to kick me over 1000. So I guess even w/ the Loki covers I did better than I expected -- hadn't planned to hit the 900 (1000 ISO), much less the 1000 level (100 HP).

And I would've used the Wolvie cover, just to have it. I used the Loki covers to up his powers for the same reason.
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    Ended up greyed out for ten of the final fifteen minutes and got stuck in the top 10. Not sure if I'd have hit the 984 Zathrus was talking about, but I got to 950 or so missing at least three matches...

When that happens, just keep toggling between the PROLOGUE and FEATURED tabs on the menu. It will come back.
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Zathrus wrote:
    JohnduBois wrote:

Oh man, that sucks. You might've been able to -- I actually hit 1000 (coming from around 800) in the last couple hours. With 5 minutes to go I was in the top 3 in the upper 900s and hunted down a 25 pointer to kick me over 1000. So I guess even w/ the Loki covers I did better than I expected -- hadn't planned to hit the 900 (1000 ISO), much less the 1000 level (100 HP).

And I would've used the Wolvie cover, just to have it. I used the Loki covers to up his powers for the same reason.

I hit 1000 and got my reward for it at the select screen. Must of just beat the buzzer to get the progression reward.

Also, I finished in the top 2 in my bracket.
  • Misguided wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Finished 25 exactly unfortunately. I wanted the Widow covers.

Aww, man, that sucks. I wish you could choose a lower reward, but implementing that would not be trivial.

Yeah. I forgot for a second about the good rewards being 25-50. So I had a fight that popped me up to 25 with <1 min. Ended up getting the "you finished in the top 25" message. So close to what I wanted.
  • jozier wrote:
    Yeah. I forgot for a second about the good rewards being 25-50. So I had a fight that popped me up to 25 with <1 min. Ended up getting the "you finished in the top 25" message. So close to what I wanted.

Next time throw a match then yield to lose a few points.
  • I went after the Wolv cover because i have a better feeling they will buff him in the future than Loki lol. I now have a 2/1/2 wolv yay icon_e_smile.gif

My bracket was insane though. 1-10 was separated by less than 50 points. I got hit 4 times at once with 10 minutes left, dropping me from #1 (1000 pts) to #12 (900 pts). Was able to sneak in 3 more attacks in those 10 minutes to hit top 2.
  • Misguided wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Next time throw a match then yield to lose a few points.

Almost had to do that in order to avoid a Loki cover. I got the double Widows, but it was close (I think I landed 28 or 29 place)...