Money Wasted

Options
13»

Comments

• Nemek wrote:
    Either way, $135 doesn't get you as far as you might think it will. In my experience, purchases should he directed to very specific goals, particularly small little increases that will tip something over the edge for you.

Agreed. I don't buy HP that often, but when I do it's always with a specific target in mind (such as buying some Lazy Thor covers when I already had the ISO to take him to level 100). If I didn't do that I think I'd end up wasting it.
  • icon_eek.gif

I didn't realize it was so common to drop this much money on the game.

I've spent $10 and I feel guilty about that.

Here's a quick path that worked for me.

Step 1: accumulate a nice nest egg of hp (I sat on about 500 for months). These hps will be used for shielding and not to buy packs.
    Step 2: get into a decent alliance (I don't know how tricky this is now, but alliances have become a necessity of late).
    Step 3: whenever a PvP tournament is 8-10 hours from completion, play until you are around 600-800 points and quickly shield for 8 hours. Do this for EVERY PvP tournament.
    Step 4: keep accumulating those 3 star covers you should be getting at this point. Use your nest egg hp to buy slots when necessary.

Do this and you should be good

BONUS HINTS:
    - As you start winning more and more tournaments, it becomes more and more important to tank. Don't forget to keep a few level 20 characters around and when the lightning rounds come by, put them in immediately.
    - Timing is essential. When playing PvE it takes 8 hours for a node to reset its points, so never ever EVER play during the last 8-10 hours of an event. Wait until the last 2 hours or so when all the nodes are reset and at their highest point value and just grind away.
    - Don't waste ISO on 3* characters until you have enough covers to get them past say level 100. Its only around lvl 100 that they begin to get better than maxed out 2* characters. (NOTE if the 3* is buffed for an event, ignore this hint and pump ISO into them)
    - Don't not compete in an event just because you think you won't use that 3* character. You will. I promise. With the variety of events with different buffed characters and essential characters, you always want a large variety of 3*s just to keep competitive.
    - Be patient. You will get to those high levels, you don't need to blow 100's of dollars to do it. Also buy character packs very sparingly.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Deadpan wrote:
    :shock:

I didn't realize it was so common to drop this much money on the game.

I've spent $10 and I feel guilty about that.

Here's a quick path that worked for me.

Step 1: accumulate a nice nest egg of hp (I sat on about 500 for months). These hps will be used for shielding and not to buy packs.
    Step 2: get into a decent alliance (I don't know how tricky this is now, but alliances have become a necessity of late).
    Step 3: whenever a PvP tournament is 8-10 hours from completion, play until you are around 600-800 points and quickly shield for 8 hours. Do this for EVERY PvP tournament.
    Step 4: keep accumulating those 3 star covers you should be getting at this point. Use your nest egg hp to buy slots when necessary.

Do this and you should be good

BONUS HINTS:
    - As you start winning more and more tournaments, it becomes more and more important to tank. Don't forget to keep a few level 20 characters around and when the lightning rounds come by, put them in immediately.
    - Timing is essential. When playing PvE it takes 8 hours for a node to reset its points, so never ever EVER play during the last 8-10 hours of an event. Wait until the last 2 hours or so when all the nodes are reset and at their highest point value and just grind away.
    - Don't waste ISO on 3* characters until you have enough covers to get them past say level 100. Its only around lvl 100 that they begin to get better than maxed out 2* characters. (NOTE if the 3* is buffed for an event, ignore this hint and pump ISO into them)
    - Don't not compete in an event just because you think you won't use that 3* character. You will. I promise. With the variety of events with different buffed characters and essential characters, you always want a large variety of 3*s just to keep competitive.
    - Be patient. You will get to those high levels, you don't need to blow 100's of dollars to do it. Also buy character packs very sparingly.

This is as good as it gets as far as advice. Although, not sure 500 HP are enough to buy 8 hour shields and roster spots regularly. I think you would need to start with 3 hour shields and save those precious 75 HP until you get to maybe 1K HP nestegg