Experiment 3: New Release 4* to Ascended 5* timeline

Options
13»

Comments

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Update.

My Shaw is now at level 325 and I finally got my CP to 1560+. Shaw is still featured (not really) in LL so even though the chances are very slim that I’ll pull a Shaw cover, I’m gonna keep pulling LLs until next season starts when I get 1560 + 25 CP.

When next season begins, I’ll pull at 1560+20 CP.

• StillMonsoon3
    StillMonsoon3 Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options

Week 1 Complete.

My Shaw now sits at 278 w/113 shards. That is a gain of 5 covers and 103 shards. I was able to get one cover from Shield Sim, so that helped boost the average.

I haven't pulled any LL as of yet (which will change on Thursday). Have 197 saved for now. Will probably pull 50 as Victor is champed and Phylla is one cover away from champing.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,198 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I am at 286 currently on mine with 301 shards; I don't think I've had any organic pulls this whole time, just event rewards and shards. I ascended Dazzler yesterday and champed Angela who jumped up to 281.

• StillMonsoon3
    Options

Week 2 is now in the books. Shaw has now been leveled up to 292 with 180 shards. That was a gain of 14 covers and 67 extra shards. I did open 100 LL last week, so it is an unusual gain. It will be back to just daily opens of classics and any other tokens I gain.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

My own Shaw is now at 294 with 44 shards. I did pull a few organic covers in that time, maybe 2 or 3 total. I champed Hunter who jumped up to 469 this morning. Unclear if I'll do Syndrome next, or keep champing duplicate 4s.

I'm not really sure now if I want to adjust my strategy of ascending 4-to-5 characters right away or wait to get them to whatever the retro break even point is. I guess I'll see how it feels when I get my iso back up.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I just pulled a Shaw cover from the Unstable ISO-8 vault and instead of adding to my current Shaw’s level, I decided to recruit him so I could have 2 Shaw’s and just pump the CP I’m saving into him immediately so I can immediately ascend him the prime Shaw..

Currently at level 337 with prime Sebastian Shaw
    1564 CP
    158 shards

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 610 Critical Contributor
    Options

I maxed Riri and am now working on Shaw. He is level 294 after I blew some cp on classics and some saved tokens to get the one in the Unstable Iso8 vault.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Checking in with a 303 Shaw with 190 shards.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,300 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Checking in with a 303 Shaw with 190 shards.

10 covers in a week, not bad. Although he was featured in an event so that helps.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Yeah the feature probably accounted for at least four of them I would guess.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I also ascended 4* Jane, the dupe was sitting on enough saved covers to take her to 453 and I was getting low on empty slots after pulling in starter 3* dupes all week.

• StillMonsoon3
    Options

Just completed my third week. Shaw now sits at Level 301 and 244 shards. Gain of 9 covers and 64 shards. Opened all available tokens and spent all CP I had except for LL.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,439 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I've ascended him and he works awesome at shutting down SheThor's engine. He hits pretty hard and pairs well with a lot of different combinations.

• TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

Is he worth using against non mThor teams?

• dianetics
    Options

@TheXMan said:
    Is he worth using against non mThor teams?

You can build him with an AP gen team and he is a monster match damage machine with his purple.
    But, he is not any better than other heavy match damage characters.
    Just a little more fiddly and he has a heavy nuke. Consistently get over 50k on his green.
    I would put him some place around Col5, but not quite as good. He can hit harder and has a bigger nuke, but takes more damage.

I highly doubt you will see him frontline in PvP since its pick 2, but he may show up in sim.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

You run him with either of the carnages to suck down those opposing attacks?

• dianetics
    Options

Its not very effective. Unless your going against somebody with beefy tiles like Wong your not going to feel it. Since at 5* it is 25% reduction and 25% of that is transffered. So if the opponent has 10k in strikes, then you reduce 2,500 and get 750 or something?
    The 4 is 50% and 50% so that would be more effective running him max champed and boosted.

The best way to use him is to burn unwanted AP with his purple and do a massive nuke or a big time match.
    I did a 75k match 3 with black. 50k-60k green nukes are common.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 610 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I also ascended 4* Jane, the dupe was sitting on enough saved covers to take her to 453 and I was getting low on empty slots after pulling in starter 3* dupes all week.

Probably safe with Jane but I think the wise choice is to Ascend with a 290 dupe to get 455 Ascended.

And while I am checking in Shaw is up to 310 after I burned some more cp on classics.