Experiment 3: New Release 4* to Ascended 5* timeline

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,183 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@slidecage said:
    Where is everyone getting all of these covers lol or it shows how little iplayed in last 3 or 4 years

Only 3 star I got pushed to 5 is storm
    I'm lucky if I got some 4s max let alone start to work on a duo

Same with 3s. I got them all max but nowhere do I have a 2nd more more then mid range

Keep in mind I’m not max-maxing any 4s, so I don’t have a pair of max champs for mine.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I now have a saved cover worth of shards. Moving right along…

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I play every day, but not trying to squeeze top 5 out of everything. Not sure if that's casual...That said, I targeted coulson months ago, when he was crazy ascended. He's still really good so I kept him. About 20 covers away from ascending him, so...5-6 months so far?

One thing making this feel like it's taking much longer is the craptacular string of 5s meaning I haven't pulled a ton of LL in a long time. Not since Omega red and even then it was just for him.

I MIGHT pull for May 5* when she's getting ready to leave the store, because I think she goes well WITH ascended coulson, but not sure yet.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I finally ascended my first 4* America Chavez and I am working on getting iso which is my biggest slowdown factor. I have Mordo and X-Force Wolvie ready to go as well. Like TRW I am Max-Min coz who knows how long this game will be around and I want to have them ASAP. I'm also still finishing off the Classic 5* tier and keeping up with new releases. I think if I can finally finish the 5* tier I can turn full attention to ascending as I can champ the 5's at my leisure.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

took simulator to 50 wins, so now i have a saved cover in the bank and 748 shards on him. I don't know if I'll hit full season progression for those Shaw shards becsause I haven't been keeping up with it as much. 11 days left and I'm only at 3293 points.10k seems pretty far away.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Went ahead and champed Shaw so I could stop talking about how many saved covers he had. Currently level 274.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 178 Tile Toppler
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Went ahead and champed Shaw so I could stop talking about how many saved covers he had. Currently level 274.

Basecamp!

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I'd love reports on how much of a pvp meta-killer Shaw is, I'm about to ascend my current favorited 4 (Nico) and can't decide if I go after Shaw or start the long road to a killer 5* web-team.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

I have 39 ascended 4s, I could ascend a few more but I am doing that at 280 rather than 271. But your threads have me opening more classics and I think that is pushing things along (plus I am no longer going to hoard forever).

I have a project to max/max Riri but then I think I might switch to Shaw. Or maybe Doom.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,717 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm going to see how long it takes to do one as well, I'm thinking Doop though for the functionality to be able to switch it up for different pvp. I thought about Shaw or Moondragon at first but have changed to doop.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited 18 April 2024, 22:27
    Options

Doop does seem like a good choice; M’Baku is another one I’d like to play with.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Monday check-in: Black King is currently sitting at level 280 with 309 shards.

• StillMonsoon3
    StillMonsoon3 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

I'm now ready to start this journey as well. I wanted to finish up maxing out America Chavez before switching to Shaw. My Shaw is at 273 with 10 shards. It also helps since I just moved my 5* favorite to Emma (witch is sitting at 2/1/2).

I do have 150 LL saved up, but no other resources saved.

See you at the finish line.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’ve been meaning to check in on this thread as I also am going in on ascending Shaw as soon as possible. Top100 pve alliance, top 200 player pve. Going after any Shaw covers I see in PvP so I’ve been putting in more work than normal in SS this season. I’m also spending LLs as soon as I get them but I’m gonna save CP until I get to 1580 and then I’ll throw 20 in CL each time I get to that number. (Obviously I want to maintain 1560 because then I can immediately champ a1 cover Shaw dupe)

Currently my Shaw is at lvl 320 and I have 1175 CP.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

man, placement makes a huge difference, I'm about 39 covers back from that at 281.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 23 April 2024, 14:37
    Options

Luck for the pulls too maybe? I'm also going the Shaw route, and I think my play is comparable to Tiger_Wong: Top100 alliance, normally late bracket joiner (so top 200 PVE). PVP up to 12 wins, sometimes more. CP on classics.

My Shaw is L292. 28 covers back on @Tiger_Wong , but 11 covers ahead of @ThaRoadWarrior . An interesting range to start off here.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,943 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My Shaw is lvl312, but Angela became ascension-eligible sooner than I expected, so I had to bonus her again to get her dupe built quicker.

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options

I'm also in the same rat race, mine is at 314

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

My Phyla-Vell is now fully covered. Shaw is 283. I’m walking my 5* favorite around to whichever character has the most shards until Aunt May hits latest.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

It took from support shards going live until now to get my 3* power stone to 4*, but that’s a thing that happened.