Doctor Doom (Infamous Iron Man) 4*

Options

Comments

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

I hate losing too, but changing supports to only work for you sounds like awful design to me. I'd rather they balance the support, not fix the fight in my favor.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They did say that as part of this, they planned to rebalance all the existing supports. At the time, I just assumed that meant "no more free AP" -- it seemed obvious. But who knows.

Yeah I'm fine with that as they did say they would leave the pve functionality. It would get complicated thought to remember all the details of each support for pve and pvp.

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options

But at least one of their supports they put out in the last year or so gives free ap.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Borstock said:
    Not opening your hoard to chase a single 4* up to ascension isn't really a choice. It's proper strategy for anyone without infinite resources. I don't believe the only thing standing between forumites and three latest 550s is an unwillingness to pull.

Who said anything about 3 550s?

Pull classics as you go if you want 4*. Invest the rewards into more classics, get more 4*, ascend them, get even more stuff.

It's not impossible at all, people are just choosing not to do it. Does Roadwarrior have "infinite resources?" (Sorry I keep bringing you up @ThaRoadWarrior !)

The point is you'd have to have that kind of stash to accelerate all the 4s to 5s as they are released. Otherwise, you'd still need a big stash and you'd have to target select toons.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@WhiteBomber said:
    I hate losing too, but changing supports to only work for you sounds like awful design to me. I'd rather they balance the support, not fix the fight in my favor.

So you never use boosts (damage or AP) in PvP? Doing that is meant to fix the fight your favor since the AI doesn't get them.

Or how do you feel about using R5 supports if the enemy team only has R1 supports? That's also fixing the fight in your favor? Perhaps enemy supports can auto scale up to match yours (so if you use 3 R5 supports the enemy supports are all scaled to R5) for fairness.

What about TU's? Perhaps the AI should start getting 3 just like you get?

The whole point of battles is to main them unfair in your favor. That's why you can use boosts, you get first move (baring Chasm), you get 3 TU's and so on.

I'm more than happy to have unfair fights if it means I get free support AP and the AI doesn't.

KGB

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,953 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think there's a difference between having a big advantage on offense and winning every fight on offense turn 0. You can be ok with one but think the other goes too far.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 450 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Just to keep this thread on target I present to you:

Dr. Doom rock!

This is what I hoped Doom Metal would be.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Some might have noticed already, but Invisible Woman (Classic) no longer feeds into Doom5 since we have Doom4 now and she currently does not feed into anyone. This was changed before launch and is now reflected in the updated feeder chart.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options

@S0kun said:
    Some might have noticed already, but Invisible Woman (Classic) no longer feeds into Doom5 since we have Doom4 now and she currently does not feed into anyone. This was changed before launch and is now reflected in the updated feeder chart.

I look FOURward to a future FANTASTIC release and trust some such will be dropping in the coming weeks.

(I look FOURward to being told "soon")

Popped in to confirm 4Doom would be going to SHIELD training*. What amusing scenario, Doom in SHIELD training! Yep, yep he is. Hooray.

*. I don't actually read things much :D

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options

I think X-23 paired with ascended Polaris and Nico is insane. Near rainbow actives and she is a huge damage stick and self healer if you have specials out.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,953 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Also, I really shouldn't respond (but I will anyway):

My way is absolutely not the best way to build your roster. There's no "best" anymore, which is great. We have a few good options.

Opening tons of classics and ascending 4* early is the best way to ascend 4* though, if that's what your goal is. If you've got some other goal, like only levelling the strongest 5*, then you should use some other strategy!

I don't believe there's any way to accomplish everything at once, unless you've got unlimited resources -- we have to prioritize. Do you want a wide roster where you play lots of boosted guys, or a narrow roster where you level a few much higher and use them every event? Both options are endgame-viable now.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Yep. She's awesome. Goose is killer, and part of some excellent teams. Hunter has an amazing match damage boost for super cheap, and her yellow is cheap direct damage. Aunt May wins fights turn 0. I think Victor is better than he seemed -- haven't used him a ton yet. Phylla Vell hits very hard too.

The narrative that all the new 5* are bad is just wrong. Peggy was the last real miss, and even she isn't awful.

I really like X23 and Phyl, they both can put out great damage. Hunter can be pretty awesome or a complete dud. She has the best true heal in the game with Dark Heal.
    I have not really found a use for Victor, so I am indifferent. Next time he is boosted I'll force myself to use just him.
    Old Peg is just bad.

So as it is going now I'm just not hoarding anymore, and I'm throwing all my CP into classics.

• crakker
    crakker Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    edited 22 April 2024, 04:59
    Options

I only have a level 270 3Doom4 and got nothing. Checked the rewards and saw that 271 gives a 4Doom so I faved him and quickly added one level. However I checked the few other ascended 3s that I have and none of them give a cover at 271. Is this new?

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options

@crakker said:
    I only have a level 270 3Doom4 and got nothing. Checked the rewards and saw that 271 gives a 4Doom so I faved him and quickly added one level. However I checked the few other ascended 3s that I have and none of them give a cover at 271. Is this new?

No, not new. As part of the distribution of retroactive updated feeder rewards, already ascended copies of a character that is subject to a feeder change will have altered champion rewards.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,334 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@crakker said:

If you had a 266 and a 166 on your roster you would have received a full black cover among with 800 shards for iDoom.

I personally was working on my dupe and got him to 266 a few days ago. So I had 2 black and 1600 shards (2/2/2) from my two 266s.

You need to contact CS because you should have 3 doom covers (or equivalent) right now.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Are the infiltrators bugged? It seems like bots on the other team are draining my teams AP.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@liminal_lad said:
    Are the infiltrators bugged? It seems like bots on the other team are draining my teams AP.

I noticed that also. I'm using 5Aunt in the PVP and I was all set to fire her red on my next turn when my Red AP went from 6 to 5 during the AI's turn and I couldn't fire it on my turn. Maybe it was something else, but I thought it was odd.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options

I think this is a glitch in the matrix... but I just double dipped on my Doom retro rewards.

I was fortunate enough to have a 266 Doom and 265 Doom so when the retro rewards were given out last week I got the full retro bonus for 2 Dooms.

I then got my last cover and ascended my Dooms, and immediately got credit again for all the retro rewards, so with limited effort already have a 4/4/4 4* Doom with some PVP rewards thrown in.

The code for the retro ascension rewards within a short timeline of the release must not be smart enough to recognize the new ascension. Just something to watch for if you have ascendable characters available that get retro's announced. You don't need to be quite as lucky as my situation to still take advantage, and it's not something to plan for given the rarity of the retro reward character choice.