Adventure cards bugged (or is it a feature)

Options
Tremayne
Tremayne Posts: 1,619 Chairperson of the Boards
edited 21 March 2024, 13:24 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues

I’ll try to contain my frustration, since we recently got a new team of developers, but why is the adventure mechanic still bugged?

The problem (as old timers will know), particularly in the colours of magic event, is that the flip-side of an adventure card can be cast by Greg every single turn, because the card (at least in Greg’s hand) does not revert to the creature side (as it does in the players hand).

I have just lost my first match in Colours of Magic because of this bug. So could you please pull this event and rerun it, when you have fixed the adventure mechanic?

Once players spot this the event is going to be extremely annoying. For now I’ll refrain from naming cards in order for the problem to spread as little as possible, but I fear this post is sufficient to make the CoM event ridiculously dull.

Comments

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 336 Mover and Shaker
    Options

This is an old bug.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/85159/adventure-cards-on-the-ais-hands-investigating

Despite being labelled here as [Investigating], I'm pretty sure that it was fixed by Oktagon, but was then somehow reintroduced into the game recently, possibly after Webcore took over.

I also experiences this bug in Colors of Magic

@Tremayne said:

For now I’ll refrain from naming cards in order for the problem to spread as little as possible

I think it's affecting all cards with the Adventure mechanic anyway

• Tremayne
    Options

@Janosik - I think you are missing the point. Yes, all adventure cards are bugged, but some adventure cards are so disruptive to CoM that those cards make the event stupidly bad. I therefore urged WebCore to pull the event, because once these particular adventure (which I didn’t want to name) became prevalent in the CoM meta the event was toast.

Sadly the event ran to its conclusion.

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 336 Mover and Shaker
    edited 26 March 2024, 15:00
    Options

Can we please, please not pull CoM AGAIN because of a bug.

• Tremayne
    Options

@Janosik - why would you want the randomness in an event that has a serious bug?

• Predator
    Predator Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Magic:PQ Support Team This bug is still alive and affecting the current Colors of Magic event.

• Xibvert
    Xibvert Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options

@Tremayne said:
    @Janosik - why would you want the randomness in an event that has a serious bug?

No body wants the bug, but the event itself doesn't have any bugs. The cards with adventure have the bug. Since there are cards with adventure that are standard legal this bug can be encountered during all but a couple of events in the game.

Yes they should definitely fix the problem definitely. Trying to hide the problem by shutting down a popular event that isn't bugged for an indefinite amount of time is a solution that some people who enjoy playing the Colors of Magic won't like.

If they were in the middle of a fix and said okay were pushing CoM back a week on the schedule so that the fix comes out before it runs then sure that's a reasonable delay, but we don't even know if anyone is actively working on fixing this yet

Even aside from the great reward of a card from the PMA set that comes with ranks 1-50 it's also a good event for collecting MKM cards. Requesting for them to prioritize fixing it before the next regularly scheduled running of CoM is way more preferable than indefinitely pulling the event from the schedule. They stopped scheduling CoM for about half a year to fix the bug in the event. We have no idea where fixing cards with adventure is in their priority list so if you ask them to stop running it until the AI stops cheating with adventure cards CoM could potentially vanish for a long time again.

• TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I just came along to talk about this bug. @Magic:PQ Support Team here’s evidence for you - my opponent played the same spell-side of an Adventure card on EIGHT consecutive turns. Please prioritise fixing this unfair bug…
    https://youtu.be/VzboMuhOVpY?si=_MdYrxCd-lu0WS1D