Doctor Doom (Infamous Iron Man) 4*

Options

Comments

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options

Another failed roll out. They'll get us those covers, but it just doesn't bode well for the health of the game.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, this is clearly just a coding error or something - geez, let's calm down a bit. I have no clue what I got if anything as hadn't time to check this morning but they will fix it once it isn't middle of the night in far West land.

Otherwise Doom looks like he should be fun but probably too gimmicky for regular use.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited 18 April 2024, 08:50
    Options

Yea i just checked my rewards and came here to see if others had the same issues. I got everything i was supposed to for my i unascended Doom other than 4Doom shards or the cover. I would guess those’ll come eventually once the devs realize the error and most likely will throw in something extra for the “inconvenience.” Really not that huge of an issue that can’t be rectified.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options

It’s happened before, I’m sure it will happen again,

Hopefully it will be fixed by changing the code

I got the same as everyone else, IW shards etc

I have 1 x 266, 1 x 235 doom

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Opened game at 6.15 AM Eastern and got absolutely nothing. No IW and no Doom.

• Domsouth04
    Domsouth04 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options

@MegaBee said:

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@Godzillafan67 said:
    You lot are lucky. All I got was a rock.

Paradise.
    We used to be lucky if we even saw a rock, in my day I had hot gravel every 3 days for breakfast.

Your gravel was hot? Luxury!

Whoa whoa what is this breakfast

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options

Sometimes and sadly quite rarely I really enjoy myself here
    +1s for the ones who made me smile

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Timemachinego said:

@entrailbucket said:
    It is kind of funny that her blue power is a complicated, difficult to use, slow single target insta kill, and her red is a cheap monster AoE that functionally wipes the entire enemy team instantly.

I hate dooming (ok, you got me, I love it) but between May and X-23 being absolute PVE powerhouses given good supports, I really do wonder if we're about to see a lot of our lovely +ap supports nerfed into the ground in preparation for pvp inclusion. I really don't want either of those last two things (ascended characters make PVP complex enough, imo) but putting out 2 characters in short succession that can absolutely KILL previous pve speed metas seems a bit hinky.

Yeah, I mean, the free AP supports are even more busted in PvP. They did say that as part of this, they planned to rebalance all the existing supports. At the time, I just assumed that meant "no more free AP" -- it seemed obvious. But who knows.

Other than shield hop times (and only the .001% cares about those) being reduced, how does it really bust PvP more? I mean on defense you have no idea if someone beat your team on turn 0, turn 1 or turn 10. There are no bonus points for winning in fewer turns so what's the big deal if more people win faster?

The easiest fix is just make it so that the AI team can't start with any AP so all those free AP supports don't work for the AI team but the rest of the powers of the support do. So you won't have to worry about eating damage on turn 1 or someone going annoyingly invisible etc.

KGB

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Godzillafan67 said:

In good company!

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Godzillafan67 said:

In good company!

It wasn't a rock... it was a ROCK LOBSTER!

• DAZ0273
    Options

@MegaBee said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@Godzillafan67 said:

In good company!

It wasn't a rock... it was a ROCK LOBSTER!

He was in a jam, sitting in a giant clam!

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,953 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Timemachinego said:

@entrailbucket said:
    It is kind of funny that her blue power is a complicated, difficult to use, slow single target insta kill, and her red is a cheap monster AoE that functionally wipes the entire enemy team instantly.

I hate dooming (ok, you got me, I love it) but between May and X-23 being absolute PVE powerhouses given good supports, I really do wonder if we're about to see a lot of our lovely +ap supports nerfed into the ground in preparation for pvp inclusion. I really don't want either of those last two things (ascended characters make PVP complex enough, imo) but putting out 2 characters in short succession that can absolutely KILL previous pve speed metas seems a bit hinky.

Yeah, I mean, the free AP supports are even more busted in PvP. They did say that as part of this, they planned to rebalance all the existing supports. At the time, I just assumed that meant "no more free AP" -- it seemed obvious. But who knows.

Other than shield hop times (and only the .001% cares about those) being reduced, how does it really bust PvP more? I mean on defense you have no idea if someone beat your team on turn 0, turn 1 or turn 10. There are no bonus points for winning in fewer turns so what's the big deal if more people win faster?

The easiest fix is just make it so that the AI team can't start with any AP so all those free AP supports don't work for the AI team but the rest of the powers of the support do. So you won't have to worry about eating damage on turn 1 or someone going annoyingly invisible etc.

KGB

They said that supports would work both on offense and on defense.

We can have the argument forever about whether turn 0 wins on offense are good (I say they're bad, I know many of you don't), but how do you feel about losing on turn 1 when you're on offense?

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Timemachinego said:

@entrailbucket said:

KGB

We can have the argument forever about whether turn 0 wins on offense are good (I say they're bad, I know many of you don't), but how do you feel about losing on turn 1 when you're on offense?

Same as I feel about losing on any turn. I hate it.

But my suggestion wasn't that supports wouldn't work on defense. My suggestion was that the only fix they need to make is all the ones that generate free AP at start of battle just have the wording changed to 'start of battle for offensive team only'. In essence players can get free AP from supports but the AI can't. All other aspects of the supports would work on defense. It's a very simple nerf to the free AP that players won't notice since it won't affect them.

KGB

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,953 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Timemachinego said:

@entrailbucket said:

KGB

Same as I feel about losing on any turn. I hate it.

But my suggestion wasn't that supports wouldn't work on defense. My suggestion was that the only fix they need to make is all the ones that generate free AP at start of battle just have the wording changed to 'start of battle for offensive team only'. In essence players can get free AP from supports but the AI can't. All other aspects of the supports would work on defense. It's a very simple nerf to the free AP that players won't notice since it won't affect them.

KGB

Is there anything else in the game that only works for the offensive team? How do you know that it'd be easier for them to implement it your way, rather than just removing free AP in general?