New Character - Doctor Doom (Infamous Iron Man) 4*

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,317 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Pantera236 said:
    The last few 4s haven't been given 3⭐ feeders. Will an ascended Doctor Doom (classic) give covers/shards for this new 4⭐?

I asked about this on Discord and was assured that you’d get covers from an ascended 3Doom.

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options

Insert "Flash Gordon 'Yeah' GIF"

This looks like a great counter to iHulk and will be fun to play with in general just for the sabotage shenanigans.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I ran to 50 wins in simulator and saw a number of teams with Golden Oldie on them. None were problematic to beat when they were on defense, but she is getting use unboosted it appears.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@Pantera236 said:
    The last few 4s haven't been given 3⭐ feeders. Will an ascended Doctor Doom (classic) give covers/shards for this new 4⭐?

I asked about this on Discord and was assured that you’d get covers from an ascended 3Doom.

Sweet, thanks! We'll see how this goes tomorrow. My Doom is level 300 so I'm guessing I should get 5 or 6 covers.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

@entrailbucket said::
    I don't even know that all these new 5* are bad. Like, they're not as good as m'Thor, but Aunt May can oneshot almost any fight for 7 red! I'm seeing her all over the place.

Super quick point is that she only needs 6 red and she can one shot three characters with that 6 red.

And, yes, definitely understand she is boosted now but still think she will have value when not boosted.

She is the best 5 since OR and matches the all-around winning template it took the game to long to stumble onto ... very strong on offense, vulnerable on defense.

I say vulnerable rather than weak because if not accounts for properly, she will make you regret it, but she can be countered in several ways.

Worth pulling for, methinks. Hope the next release (or two!) are also better than middlin'.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options

They wasted way too much of her budget on the insta-kill. Like permanent damage, anti-res, or some other stuff, they think it's much stronger than it is. I don't know what internal testing they do on characters, but it's not how we play the game.

Like how magik was nerfed as she was released, and then rebalanced a bit because they admitted she wasn't as strong as they thought in testing.

May's instakill takes 7 turns at best, and even though it's fortified, it's still highly likely to get destroyed without a full team dedicated to reducing it in multiple ways (or using tons of boosts/supports/luck). Not to mention if the enemy is downed the CD is completely wasted.

But not only is this one of her powers, but her red is also saddled with being connected to it. Ya her red can be strong, but wouldn't it be nice if her other powers were good too? I know not every 5 can/has to be super meta, but it feels like a long string of could've-been-good. Not great, not awesome, good.

There have been plenty of 5s that weren't OP, but when you see their powers you think of all the cool teams you can make. Most of the ones in the last year have been more wondering who you could bring to make them usable.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,925 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It is kind of funny that her blue power is a complicated, difficult to use, slow single target insta kill, and her red is a cheap monster AoE that functionally wipes the entire enemy team instantly.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    It is kind of funny that her blue power is a complicated, difficult to use, slow single target insta kill, and her red is a cheap monster AoE that functionally wipes the entire enemy team instantly.

I hate dooming (ok, you got me, I love it) but between May and X-23 being absolute PVE powerhouses given good supports, I really do wonder if we're about to see a lot of our lovely +ap supports nerfed into the ground in preparation for pvp inclusion. I really don't want either of those last two things (ascended characters make PVP complex enough, imo) but putting out 2 characters in short succession that can absolutely KILL previous pve speed metas seems a bit hinky.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,925 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 18 April 2024, 02:58
    Options

@Timemachinego said:

@entrailbucket said:

I hate dooming (ok, you got me, I love it) but between May and X-23 being absolute PVE powerhouses given good supports, I really do wonder if we're about to see a lot of our lovely +ap supports nerfed into the ground in preparation for pvp inclusion. I really don't want either of those last two things (ascended characters make PVP complex enough, imo) but putting out 2 characters in short succession that can absolutely KILL previous pve speed metas seems a bit hinky.

Yeah, I mean, the free AP supports are even more busted in PvP. They did say that as part of this, they planned to rebalance all the existing supports. At the time, I just assumed that meant "no more free AP" -- it seemed obvious. But who knows.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Timemachinego said:

@entrailbucket said:

Yeah, I mean, the free AP supports are even more busted in PvP. They did say that as part of this, they planned to rebalance all the existing supports. At the time, I just assumed that meant "no more free AP" -- it seemed obvious. But who knows.

I'm hoping that actually means some (old) supports just won't be pvp-equippable overall, lest my token hoarding and support favoring be completely for naught but we never really know with these guys... which keeps it interesting, but I feel like it'd be left if SOME things were left alone.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@bluewolf said:

@Pantera236 said:

Data push just happened and nothing. I'm seeing people who still have 3* versions say they got iso and IW shards lol.

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Pantera236 said:

@bluewolf said:

@Pantera236 said:

Data push just happened and nothing. I'm seeing people who still have 3* versions say they got iso and IW shards lol.

Yup. I have a 266 and 265. I got 60 rewards including ISO, Invis Woman Shards, HP, MT’s, but no Doom shards.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Pantera236 said:

@bluewolf said:

@Pantera236 said:

First time, always the worst time, in MPQ and many other things.
    First time retro'ing a 3* feeder post-ascension.
    I see complaints that ascended 3Dooms received no updates ...
    I have a 266 3Doom and a 201 3Doom ... received 40(???) items ... a random subset of the "old" 3Doom champ rewards ... and not just covers/shards!

85 IW shards
    55 IW shards
    2x 3 CP
    Mighty
    2x 100 HP
    7x 1000 iso
    5x 1500 iso
    20x 500 iso
    Heroic

"Should" have received 2x 4Doom covers and 800 4Doom shards, and no IW ... or any of the other stuff ... I would have thought ...

• stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

I can confirm something is wrong with the rewards.
    From 260 normal Doom + 303 ascended Doom I got the following 30 rewards. No idea how this was calculated...

85 + 55 shards for IW
    3 CP
    200 HP
    14 * 500 iso
    5 * 1000 iso
    5 * 1500 iso
    heroic token
    mighty token

• killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I only have an ascended Doctor Doom, and no rewards for me...

• Domsouth04
    Domsouth04 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options

No ascended doom but not got the cover reward yet

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,138 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have a 310 Ascended 3Doom4 and a 177 dupe. I got 3 x 500 Iso.

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited 18 April 2024, 06:56
    Options

I have a 266 and 216. Got like 47 reward pops, mainly ISO, some CP, tokens, HP and IW shards. No 4* Doom shards. What a bummer

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yep i had a 266 Doom, and a 173 Doom. I got a "lot" of retro rewards, but no 4doom covers/shards. just a small amount of invis woman shards and iso n stuff

• Tpsimoes
    Tpsimoes Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Omegased said:
    Yep i had a 266 Doom, and a 173 Doom. I got a "lot" of retro rewards, but no 4doom covers/shards. just a small amount of invis woman shards and iso n stuff

The same! Have a 266 and a 180.
    No 4Doom cover/shards. :(