Doctor Doom (Infamous Iron Man) 4*

Options

Comments

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,929 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 16 April 2024, 15:42
    Options

@BlackBoltRocks said:
    Iron Doom looks fun. Nice artwork as well.

Now please buff God Emperor Doom...

I share @BlackBoltRocks sentiments in regards to both the coolness of the new 4* Doom and the need for a buff for 5* Doom.

*Buff the God Emperor please

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited 16 April 2024, 18:20
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:
    Although to be honest if I used your method of not targeting anyone and bringing them all along for the ride while opening classics, I'd be lucky to add 10-15 levels per 4* which when ascended would be 5-7 levels?

Here to be that depressing guy. 4s ascend to 5s where it's 4covers/level, so adding 10-15 covers would be +2-4 levels, depending on the starting point.

That said, at least you would be adding levels. It's pretty underwhelming adding covers one at a time, where 3 out of 4 times the ticker ticks up (counting to 4 is so much fun!), and nothing else happens. Sure, sure, one step closer to something happening; guess my dopamine drip is not that easily impressed :D

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'd rather see the counter tick up one at a time every day than not see it move at all for weeks, months, or years.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tac said:
    So let's say I kill Ihulk with Iron doom in my team, does the doombot replace ihulk before he gets the chance to resurrect?

There is nothing in his kit to suggest he limits revival. Maybe you can punch him out over and over to get extra doombots. Cool, but iHulk is coming back.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I'd rather see the counter tick up one at a time every day than not see it move at all for weeks, months, or years.

And this is why MPQ, IMHO, is so great. If you like a counter ticking up slowly, you can do that. If you like seeing nothing move for weeks, months or years and then do a big bang, you can do that. There is no "best way to do it". There is simply a "way that you enjoy doing it".

Personally, I found it much better to hoard for a little over a year and a half all of my LL and CP and then wait for three great 5* LL characters and unhoard to get them to 550. That fit my play style. But the game is flexible enough that if you don't want to hoard you can advance your own way.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

@entrailbucket said:

And this is why MPQ, IMHO, is so great. If you like a counter ticking up slowly, you can do that. If you like seeing nothing move for weeks, months or years and then do a big bang, you can do that. There is no "best way to do it". There is simply a "way that you enjoy doing it".

Personally, I found it much better to hoard for a little over a year and a half all of my LL and CP and then wait for three great 5* LL characters and unhoard to get them to 550. That fit my play style. But the game is flexible enough that if you don't want to hoard you can advance your own way.

Well sure, except this wasn't a philosophical debate!

It started with "I wish this Dr Doom was a 5*, so I could use him." Then it went to "sure, I can ascend him, but it'll take forever." My point was that if you want to use these guys as 5*, there's a way to make that happen in a somewhat reasonable timeline -- you just can't do things the same way you used to do them!

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options

@dianetics said:

@Tac said:
    So let's say I kill Ihulk with Iron doom in my team, does the doombot replace ihulk before he gets the chance to resurrect?

There is nothing in his kit to suggest he limits revival. Maybe you can punch him out over and over to get extra doombots. Cool, but iHulk is coming back.

When I read it, I’m thinking there only 3 slots for enemies at a time. When someone is downed, the bots occupy those slots, so there is nowhere for a reviver to return to. If there is only one enemy left, surrounded by two bots, the match ends. That was why I was thinking it would end wave nodes just like Kang does when he sends enemies away. Seems like if you have Doom on your team, you’ll always only have to kill the first two enemies to win. I am thinking those bots would be susceptible to AOE damage, so if you remove them, those slot could be filled again.

• UnityGamer
    UnityGamer Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    edited 16 April 2024, 22:32
    Options

One big question: what is feedback damage?

We have characters who do penalty damage like 3- and 5-star Thanos's Court Death and 3-star Magik's Demon Queen Of Limbo abilities (the latter after you meet the 11 Black AP threshold), but 4-star Doom's might be one where this "penalty damage" is eligible for protection reduction.

For those on the unfamiliar, "penalty damage" is a term I use to describe a character's abilities which results in ally damage that is unreduceable by protect tiles and/or passive reduction. To me, feedback damage sounds like a side effect of the ability that's to be used, but comes with the silver living of that lost damage being incorporated into the move itself (ie. the 700 feedback damage is tacked on to the 2241, dealing 2941 overall, or it has a base of 1541 that will get a 700 boost). Plus, as the damage can be reduced by protect tiles, the allies can only take as little as 1 point damage while still lending that 700 damage to the move.

Furthermore, VVD would pair really nicely with Elektra and her trap tiles. All versions of Elektra have a mechanic which deals counter damage anytime she takes damage by enemy matching or abilities.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@dianetics said:

@Tac said:

Dunno. If he literally cannot win the game when Hulk is on the opposing team...that's gonna be a really fun launch PvP.

One would assume, then, that he limits revival somehow, but one would assume many things about many characters, and frequently be wrong in the past.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options

That would make him a Chasm killer too.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

@S0kun said:

@Tac said:

iHulk stays down and is replaced by a Doombot :)

Well, I was trying to ascend Black King ASAP...

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Jinx said:

A chasm killer is whoever does enough damage to put him down, since he revives 0-1x per game.

@entrailbucket said:

It started with "I wish this Dr Doom was a 5*, so I could use him." Then it went to "sure, I can ascend him, but it'll take forever." My point was that if you want to use these guys as 5*, there's a way to make that happen in a somewhat reasonable timeline -- you just can't do things the same way you used to do them!

I don't think "somewhat reasonable timeline" describes it. People that have easily ascended 4s have either been playing for a lot longer than most and have a stockpile of resources, or are just throwing $$ at the game.

Either way, ascension existing is still NO reason for them to not bother making good 5s anymore.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:

@Jinx said:

A chasm killer is whoever does enough damage to put him down, since he revives 0-1x per game.

@entrailbucket said:

I don't think "somewhat reasonable timeline" describes it. People that have easily ascended 4s have either been playing for a lot longer than most and have a stockpile of resources, or are just throwing $$ at the game.

Either way, ascension existing is still NO reason for them to not bother making good 5s anymore.

Follow along and let’s find out! I have been playing just under 3,000 days 100% F2P, and I have no resources stockpiled other than a complete roster of reward factories. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/90157/experiment-3-new-release-4-to-ascended-5-timeline/p1

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:

@Jinx said:

@entrailbucket said:

I don't even know that all these new 5* are bad. Like, they're not as good as m'Thor, but Aunt May can oneshot almost any fight for 7 red! I'm seeing her all over the place.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Options

The last few 4s haven't been given 3⭐ feeders. Will an ascended Doctor Doom (classic) give covers/shards for this new 4⭐?

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

I don't even know that all these new 5* are bad. Like, they're not as good as m'Thor, but Aunt May can oneshot almost any fight for 7 red! I'm seeing her all over the place.

Are you seeing her while boosted though lol? I see some people saying how strong the red is, but while using a bunch of boosts, Emma, and having a ton of red AP. TBF I think her red is pretty good, and her yellow...fine/meh. Her blue is the one I have a problem with, which also takes up some of the red's power. It's another one of those gimmicky powers that she's built around.

It honestly feels like the 5s have been like the 1s with expensive powers. Like...yeah it's 19ap but whatever you're not going to use it anyway. You're just using them for DDP (pvp) or because of match damage.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said::

Super quick point is that she only needs 6 red and she can one shot three characters with that 6 red.

And, yes, definitely understand she is boosted now but still think she will have value when not boosted.