Release 6.5.2 Discussion

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,285 Chairperson of the Boards

Release Notes

What do you think about the new content?

Comments

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Just had a quick look and new walkers, new events and bug fixes; great!

But the one thing that really stood out to me is the update to the search filters. Especially being able to search on a specific power or toughness is awesome.

Unselecting specific colours has its uses, but for a future update may I suggest to add a box for "multicoloured cards only" or selecting "at least X different colours"? Now it will also show mono coloured cards. Thinking about finding cards to fetch with Meeting of the Five for example.

• Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options

We're finally getting a "Standard" filter? Welp, that settles it, it's definitive, Webcore are the best devs this game has ever had.

Seriously, amazing patch. I'm a little worried about the upcoming stored mana changes but that's a worry for another day. This patch purely on its own merits, absolutely amazing.

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Card Finder: ....Finally, we’ve sorted sets starting with the most recent ones.

This is neat! Sometimes it's the little things <3

Could ya put Origins and PMA at the start of the list tho? These sets are permanently in Standard (and sometimes other formats!) and it would be nice if we had fast access to them without scrolling. I know this makes the sets not chronologically ordered, but functionality is more important! (Maybe, put a little gray box round the icons to indicate they're out of order?)

Hey while you're doing little things that make us disproportionately happy, could you put the banners for the free packs and the Elite packs at the top of the list in the Vault?

Really hope you guys are going to tackle in-game animations at some point!!

@ArielSira said:
    Thinking about finding cards to fetch with Meeting of the Five for example.

I was trying to do this in SoFT2 just the other day and it's a bit of a nightmare!

• ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Quality of life features are a welcomed change. This game is due for some major U/I changes and I'm glad they are happening.

Speaking of U/I the number 1 reason I dont get non full art vanguards is because of the U/I of full art cards vs normal art. That extra confirmation when selecting an ability on normal art cards isnt there with full art. I wish we could either only have full art vanguards or have the buttons on the bottom of all vanguards that activate without the confirmation.

New events are nice. There should always be a way of getting the newest set outside of TOTP.

It's hard for me to get excited about new planeswalkers because how long it takes to scroll through them. It's got to be a must have to justify adding to that scroll time.

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

New filters are on point. Much needed and i think devs did an excellent job.

The vanguards are a bit on the expensive side. Garruk and Dihada are bugged and their first abilities are not working as intended, not sure about the others.

While I'm happy that we're getting Commodore Guff I don't like this trend of pws having an expensive first ability. We already have expensive abilities, we call them ultimates :)

• NickBKK
    NickBKK Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options

I wanted to come here to say exactly what @Stormcrow said too. “Webcore is absolutely the best dev this game has ever had!”
    Thank you for listening to us and making many improvements to the game in such a short period of time. Keep up the great work!

• LarsDFranzen
    LarsDFranzen Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options

I just have one thing to say regarding the patch:
    Thank you so much. I can finally play in English. I've been waiting for this for seven years. You made it happen. You're the best. Thank you.

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options

This is a great feature! I actually use it a lot.

One thing I'd ask, tho... As you can see from the screenshot, the only icons displayed are the colors of the current Planeswalker ID (in this case, Blue/Red/Green for Brokhan Sarkhan, Unbroken), but I'd still like to be able to filter out cards of the other colors, since he is still able to use many, many multicolored cards with those colors.

So could you please make it so that every Planewalker displays all 5 color icons in the filters, all the time? Thanks!

Keep up the QoL updates, these are making me very happy!

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,229 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Love the new filters. They're several years overdue, so it's great to see Webcore prioritizing this sort of QoL change. I'm building a lot more decks than usual because it's so much less of a chore. =)