OMG Golden Oldie Boss

Options
MegaBee
MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor

The new alliance event is against Golden Oldie, the cosmic Aunt May!

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ha, ha, OK then! Surely this means we will get her playable!

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I've got to admit, I never thought I would encounter DEFEAT AUNT MAY! in my gaming adventures. I think this proves we are not in the Prime Universe. :o

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 653 Critical Contributor
    Options

Which one of us hasn't wanted to smack an old lady around?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,312 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 28 March 2024, 16:30
    Options

Have the costume.

All options for Supports from Heroic placement are R4 already for me.

Vic is terrible.

sigh

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

The clue for the next 3/5 is “Original Widow…” that definitely fits, so I'm guessing that Golden Oldie will be the 5* version

For the 3* version, who knows? Anyone know any other Aunt May variants? I only know about the "Herald of Galactus" thing. Wasn't Franklin Richards involved in that somehow?

• Jash735
    Jash735 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    edited 28 March 2024, 19:07
    Options

@bluewolf said:
    Have the costume.

All options for Supports from Heroic placement are R4 already for me.

Vic is terrible.

sigh

They seem to be giving the previously released 5* as the reward on the following Boss Event. I think we got X-23 last event, Hunter b4 that one, and so on…

*Edit

Actually, I think it’s 2 events out. I forgot about Phyla-Vell…

• DAZ0273
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@DAZ0273 said:

The clue for the next 3/5 is “Original Widow…” that definitely fits, so I'm guessing that Golden Oldie will be the 5* version

For the 3* version, who knows? Anyone know any other Aunt May variants? I only know about the "Herald of Galactus" thing. Wasn't Franklin Richards involved in that somehow?

Normal Aunt May is plenty - she once took Spidey out with a vase and has zero boundaries when it comes to busting through teenage boys bedroom doors.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Normal Aunt May is plenty - she once took Spidey out with a vase and has zero boundaries when it comes to busting through teenage boys bedroom doors.

I'm guessing Lady Spider

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Maybelle_Reilly_(Earth-803)

• DAZ0273
    Options

OK that one has me scratching my head. Aunt May isn't supposed to like "that horrible Spider-man" so why would she do that? Next somebody will tell me there is a Spider-JJJameson

• rainkingucd
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    OK that one has me scratching my head. Aunt May isn't supposed to like "that horrible Spider-man" so why would she do that? Next somebody will tell me there is a Spider-JJJameson

Steam Punk! Olden times pre Ben, pre Peter.
    This one doesn't hate spiders! One of the multiverse Spideys during the spider verse event. Spidey-2099 goes to get her help if I recall correctly

• rainkingucd
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

Also yes:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/John_Jonah_Jameson_(Earth-1755)

• crakker
    crakker Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options

What are those packages in the artwork, hot dog buns?

• dxanders
    dxanders Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options

Here's hoping the three star is Aunt Tomei.

• bluewolf
    Options

@skittledaddy said:

@crakker said:
    What are those packages in the artwork, hot dog buns?

Twinkies.
    That is how she defeated Galactus in the comics.

Not Twinkies….Twinkles, delicious sponge cakes that make your day sparkle with joy!

(Trademarks)

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm definitely getting a 70s Hostess ad vibe from them, and I'm here for it.

• Gimpevie
    Gimpevie Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

In another universe Aunt May is married to Jay Jameson, father of J. Jonah Jameson. Earth-616

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thoughts on golden oldie?

Yellow Passive - converts a tile to yellow.
    Ally yellow match heal them; enemy yellow match, deal them damage.

6 red- drain up to 24 AP. Deal AOE damage increased by 30% for every 2 drained. Then a 3-turn wrath tile foe each person hit.

Passive- when enemy team destroys a wrath tile, -1 to galactus tile.

7 blue - 11-turn galactus that downs enemy. Recast lowers the count by 1 and fortifies

I know a lot will depend on damage numbers. Also- Thor will wreck the the CD.
    Blue passive- if possible at start of turn, drain 4 yellow and -1 to random ally CD.

• bluewolf
    Options

Not going to assess a possible playable based on a boss....I mean maybe it would be the same but it seems premature.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,406 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    Thoughts on golden oldie?

Yellow Passive - converts a tile to yellow.
    Ally yellow match heal them; enemy yellow match, deal them damage.

6 red- drain up to 24 AP. Deal AOE damage increased by 30% for every 2 drained. Then a 3-turn wrath tile foe each person hit.

Passive- when enemy team destroys a wrath tile, -1 to galactus tile.

7 blue - 11-turn galactus that downs enemy. Recast lowers the count by 1 and fortifies

I know a lot will depend on damage numbers. Also- Thor will wreck the the CD.
    Blue passive- if possible at start of turn, drain 4 yellow and -1 to random ally CD.

I'm not sure her kit will stay the same.

But, if it does it would give you a slight reason to bring Abigail (not really though).

The red could be pretty nasty depending on the numbers,
    The blue is something...So you want to generate a ton of yellow so you can reduce the cd of the blue, and you want to generate a ton of blue to recast the blue and reduce it.
    This seems to be on par with other downing skills...difficult and long time conditions to enact a down.
    The yellow is fine I guess?

This kit doesn't look to have any obvious partners.