OMG Golden Oldie Boss

2»

Comments

  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,108 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 29 March 2024, 09:12

    @dianetics said

    This kit doesn't look to have any obvious partners.

    4-star Captain Marvel to instantly reduce the blue countdown to zero? You're already trying to match yellow.

    5-star Scarlet Witch/Cloak and Dagger to generate yellow tiles?

    Does Kang get back the drained AP from her red?
    Edit - His +1 to all countdown tiles would do 12x the base damage with only one blue tile out.

  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,394 Chairperson of the Boards

    @sambrookjm said:
    4-star Captain Marvel to instantly reduce the blue countdown to zero? You're already trying to match yellow.

    5-star Scarlet Witch/Cloak and Dagger to generate yellow tiles?

    Does Kang get back the drained AP from her red?
    Edit - His +1 to all countdown tiles would do 12x the base damage with only one blue tile out.

    She is draining 3 yellow a turn if available, so 4Marvel is not as cut and dry. Maybe cloak/5witch Elsa also does stuff with Yellow. Since you would want yellow available to reduce that big CD.

    I don't think Kang gets AP back from team drains. His purple would be alright though.

    It's tough to judge knowing nothing but the powers of the boss in game.

  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,612 Chairperson of the Boards

    9am refresh for UK hasn't happened on standard Boss - it is telling me I have to wait another 6 1/2 hours? Let me try to close and open the game first before I resort to GAH!!!!

  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,612 Chairperson of the Boards

    Oh wait...this is going to be a daylight saving thing isn't it? I am guessing that this started at 4pm UK time yesterday (I wasn't around for the start) and so the clear I did before 9 today was actually a refresh at 8am instead of the last hour of the middle of the night refresh I thought it was. So...normally I can't play the 9am refresh on Friday Boss Events as I am at work so of course the one Friday I can play it the game still decides I will miss a clear. Nicely played game...

  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,612 Chairperson of the Boards

    Also the clocks go forward here on Sunday so...does that make Aunt May burn her wheat cakes or what?!?!? That should put us back to a 9am refresh on Sunday...right? I hate Daylight Saving...not as if we have any sun here anyway...

  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,124 Chairperson of the Boards

    Yes, started at 4pm yesterday rather than the usual 5pm. That makes the refreshes 12am, 8am and 4pm for today and Saturday. Sunday it will be 12am, 9am, 5pm and 1am on Monday.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,878 Chairperson of the Boards

    @sambrookjm said:

    @dianetics said

    This kit doesn't look to have any obvious partners.

    4-star Captain Marvel to instantly reduce the blue countdown to zero? You're already trying to match yellow.

    5-star Scarlet Witch/Cloak and Dagger to generate yellow tiles?

    Does Kang get back the drained AP from her red?
    Edit - His +1 to all countdown tiles would do 12x the base damage with only one blue tile out.

    I feel like "kill one guy" just isn't a big enough payoff for the amount of work you have to do to get her CD to go off. Compare to something like Kang, which is effectively "kill one guy" for 9ap with no partners or CD nonsense. If Aunt May's CD just straight up won the game when it went off, I'm not sure that'd be overpowered in this metagame.

    I can't remember how these bosses work now, and how close the boss character is to the playable version, so who knows what she'll look like in game.

  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 29 March 2024, 16:42

    @dianetics said:

    @sambrookjm said:
    4-star Captain Marvel to instantly reduce the blue countdown to zero? You're already trying to match yellow.

    5-star Scarlet Witch/Cloak and Dagger to generate yellow tiles?

    Does Kang get back the drained AP from her red?
    Edit - His +1 to all countdown tiles would do 12x the base damage with only one blue tile out.

    She is draining 3 yellow a turn if available, so 4Marvel is not as cut and dry. Maybe cloak/5witch Elsa also does stuff with Yellow. Since you would want yellow available to reduce that big CD.

    I don't think Kang gets AP back from team drains. His purple would be alright though.

    It's tough to judge knowing nothing but the powers of the boss in game.

    I think Elektro would be her ideal partner especially vs all the Omega Red teams. Elektro would provide enough Yellow every turn for her to passively reduce the CD. More importantly, Elektro has actives on Black and Green that don't compete with May's active colors.

    KGB

  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,394 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 30 March 2024, 08:12

    @entrailbucket said:
    I feel like "kill one guy" just isn't a big enough payoff for the amount of work you have to do to get her CD to go off. Compare to something like Kang, which is effectively "kill one guy" for 9ap with no partners or CD nonsense. If Aunt May's CD just straight up won the game when it went off, I'm not sure that'd be overpowered in this metagame.
    @KGB said:
    I think Elektro would be her ideal partner especially vs all the Omega Red teams. Elektro would provide enough Yellow every turn for her to passively reduce the CD. More importantly, Elektro has actives on Black and Green that don't compete with May's active colors.

    entail you are on point here.
    KGB if the enemy team is doing AOE you want her if not **** like the other 300.

    Right now, with the kit we have seen she is dog****.

    I hope this is not the kit we get

  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards

    She’d be a decent yellow battery if she wasn’t auto-draining the AP.

  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,538 Chairperson of the Boards

    Electro is a fantastic yellow battery.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,878 Chairperson of the Boards

    @KGB said:

    @dianetics said:

    @sambrookjm said:
    4-star Captain Marvel to instantly reduce the blue countdown to zero? You're already trying to match yellow.

    5-star Scarlet Witch/Cloak and Dagger to generate yellow tiles?

    Does Kang get back the drained AP from her red?
    Edit - His +1 to all countdown tiles would do 12x the base damage with only one blue tile out.

    She is draining 3 yellow a turn if available, so 4Marvel is not as cut and dry. Maybe cloak/5witch Elsa also does stuff with Yellow. Since you would want yellow available to reduce that big CD.

    I don't think Kang gets AP back from team drains. His purple would be alright though.

    It's tough to judge knowing nothing but the powers of the boss in game.

    I think Elektro would be her ideal partner especially vs all the Omega Red teams. Elektro would provide enough Yellow every turn for her to passively reduce the CD. More importantly, Elektro has actives on Black and Green that don't compete with May's active colors.

    KGB

    This just seems like so much extra work to kill one guy with the CD tile.

    Like, it'd be fun! It'd be a cool challenge or something. I just can't see choosing that team comp over some of the other stuff we've got.

  • Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 188 Tile Toppler

    The blue reminds me of Modok. Never played him much, but don’t think I ever got his CD to resolve.

  • Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 188 Tile Toppler

    The boss never operates the same as the playable. So far, playable characters have always been much better. A lot of times, the powers aren’t even similar.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,878 Chairperson of the Boards

    @Jinx said:
    The blue reminds me of Modok. Never played him much, but don’t think I ever got his CD to resolve.

    It's actually super easy to get the MODOK CD to resolve! It starts at 6 turns, and every time you fire any friendly power, he reduces it by 3.

    (btw ascended MODOK is crazy, all his powers are cheap and do insane damage)

  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,285 Chairperson of the Boards

    Turned on animations (for the first time in a while) for Aunt May.

    ……she has no animations that I can find.

    sigh