Vanguard pull

Options

After 47 tries, I finally got the rare Teferi Vanguard. I know it’s a game of chance at 120 mana jewels but that’s a bit ridiculous. That means I spent 5,640 to get that card. Why can’t they change it one pack at a price of 300 mana jewels like did in the spellbook. I mean I could have gotten some other cards I been chasing like Killer Instinct. That card set only comes around in a blue moon.

Comments

• QuiksilverHg
    QuiksilverHg Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    edited 23 January 2024, 20:53
    Options

We asked for this several times with Oktagon and they did not care.

@Magic:PQ Support Team can we please revisit this again

It is very disheartening to spend hard-to-get pink jewels just to get a duplicate card. For rare vanguards can we please make them non-duplicate, but restricted to rare-only.

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

300 mana jewels is high for a rare card.

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

200 jewels would be an reasonable price for non duplicate rare vanguards.

• QuiksilverHg
    QuiksilverHg Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    edited 27 January 2024, 04:29
    Options

Generally rares are less than half as powerful as mythics. I would say 120 is reasonable. Currently it is 120 for a rare with the chance for a mythic. 120 for a rare with no-chance for a mythic, but without the chance for a duplicate is about the same. The fact is that no pink-jewel purchase should ever give you a duplicate given how hard it is to get pinks.

@Magic:PQ Support Team

• Xibvert
    Xibvert Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options

The rates on the LCI vanguard packs make it easier to get the mythic vanguards cheaper. With the way the LCI vanguard packs are I wouldn't mind if they added the rares to the 400 cost packs. Same cards in both packs but with duplicates for the 120 cost packs and no duplicates for the 400 cost packs.