Comments

• Scorpion201
    Scorpion201 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options

I went with 1. Black King 2. Maximus 3. Purple Man

• cheshyre
    cheshyre Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options

Out of ten options, only one woman (plus half the Western Duo).

Not sure whether that says more about the Marvel universe or MPQ, but that's pitiful.

To put this in context, currently available cards are just over 30% female.

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@cheshyre said:
    Out of ten options, only one woman (plus half the Western Duo).

Not sure whether that says more about the Marvel universe or MPQ, but that's pitiful.

To put this in context, currently available cards are just over 30% female.

I assume its because polls & additions have been novelty-skewed of late, and Lady Stiltman is the only female novelty character who leaps to mind (who would probably be in a 3/5 Stiltman/Lady Stiltman release anyway).
    Once we get past this novelty patch (and hopefully Spiderman variants too), I'm sure things will level out more.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

“Past the novelty phase”

Literally LOLing

Dude, we are never leaving it.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 25 January 2024, 02:39
    Options

We still don't have Hell cow, Big Bertha, Flat Man, Mr. Immortal, or Aunt May herald of Galactus. We haven't even begun to scratch the surface of novelty.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Today I was Googling Marvel animal-themed villains....they could do at least a full year of just that and have plenty left over.

Armadillo, Gibbon, Iguana, The Serpent Society (Cottonmouth, Diamondback, Sidewinder, Cobra (I have kind of a soft spot for him), Anaconda... I could list a dozen or so more of these losers), Leap-Frog/Frog-Man, White Rabbit, Grizzly, Kangaroo, Beetle, The Human Fly, Stegron, Tarantula....

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Cottonmouth and Diamondback both appeared in the now canon NF series. Cottonmouth might be problematic, though.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:
    We still don't have Hell cow, Big Bertha, Flat Man, Mr. Immortal, or Aunt May herald of Galactus. We haven't even begun to scratch the surface of novelty.

H.E.R.B.I.E, Forbush Man, NFL Superpro, Steelgrip Starkey and I would probably throw in Jackpot on the good guy side. But THEN we have Drom, the Backwards Man, Discus, Montenegro, Goldbug, Gideon Mace...and that is just Power Man & Iron Fist villains. Oh and of course:

• DAZ0273
    edited 25 January 2024, 12:18
    Options

Now that I think about it, I have questions.

1.) "Nobody laughs at Mr. Fish" but he did choose that name and costume on purpose? He could have been "The Amazing Fin" or "Captain Pisces" or "Fish Finger Lad". Does he think Mr. Fish makes him sound tough? It doesn't, Mr. Fish.
    2.) Why is Mr. Fish fighting Luke Cage on top of a building and not, say, in an aquarium?
    3.) Does Mr. Fish have a sidekick called "Chips" and if not, why not?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

1.) "Nobody laughs at Mr. Fish" but he did choose that name and costume on purpose? He could have been "The Amazing Fin" or "Captain Pisces" or "Fish Finger Lad". Does he think Mr. Fish makes him sound tough? It doesn't, Mr. Fish.
    2.) Why is Mr. Fish fighting Luke Cage on top of a building and not, say, in an aquarium?

And his support needs to be "Vinegar"

• DAZ0273
    edited 25 January 2024, 15:47
    Options

Amazingly, not only does Mr. Fish have a wikipedia entry (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Fish) but it reveals that he DID have a sidekick! However, that sidekick was a dwarf called "Shrike".

I don't know how to process this information BUT it then turns out there was another Mr. Fish (2) who was the first Mr. Fish brother who had the exact same (!) accident as the original Mr. Fish which seems like an incredible case of bad luck.

Equipment
    Mr. Fish wielded a gun.

I mean...OK but I guess questioning anything about Mr. Fish at this point seems basically irrelevant.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Sultan Vinegar?

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Scofie said:

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Sultan Vinegar?

Sultan Vinegar would be the head of the Chip Shop gang but even at his darkest moment he would not mutter the words "OK boys, looks like this is a job for Mr. Fish!".

Mr. Fish is the name a 5 year old says "Pah, ridiculous" after her 4 year old brother suggests ideas for their new tropical tank occupant.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@DrClever said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    Oh and of course:

Someone's about to get battered.

And that is another thing! What sort of fish themed lunatic picks a fight with the famously invulnerable man on the edge of a roof top?!?!? Even if Luke Cage falls off that building he just picks up his tiara and plans on having the Sweetest Christmas once he catches up to your fishy ****.

Aquaman may embarrass the Justice League on a regular basis but even he knows it is time to sit it out when the story is called "Skyscraper Death Duel!"

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options

These are all good so I'd like to see them all, but my top 5 in order are:

1. Purple Man (I've wanted him in game for a long time)
    2. Sebastian Shaw
    3. Toad (especially if he pairs well with Blob)
    4. Bob (especially if he pairs well with Deadpool)
    5. Paste-Pot Pete (because reasons)
  • Jash735
    Jash735 Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options

@Akoni said:
    These are all good so I'd like to see them all, but my top 5 in order are:

1. Purple Man (I've wanted him in game for a long time)
    2. Sebastian Shaw
    3. Toad (especially if he pairs well with Blob)
    4. Bob (especially if he pairs well with Deadpool)
    5. Paste-Pot Pete (because reasons)

That’s my top 5 as well, but mine is a different order.

1. Toad (I’ve wanted an Omega Red, Silver Samurai and Toad since I 1st started playing 6 or 7 years ago. I need him to complete my X-Men villains bingo card now that we finally have OR and SS. I think it comes from a nostalgia for the 90’s X-Men cartoon.)

2. SS (Although, I’d rather he were a 5*.)

3. PPP

4. Bob

5. PM

The last 3 because if you’re going to have joke/minion characters, have ones that people actually want or could potentially have fun powers rather than someone like Bagman!