New Support - Totem Dagger (Cut the Web)

Options
2»

Comments

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

No matter how I read this support, it looks like one I will never use.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 17 January 2024, 23:05
    Options

@LavaManLee said:
    No matter how I read this support, it looks like one I will never use.

You say that now, but imagine how great it would be in PVP vs Chasm.

Well, useful, anyway.

....not as useful as AP gain on turn 0. But we don't know how Supports may be nerfed in PVP to balance it out.

So maybe it'll be a relatively great PVP support.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Dear god, imagine this on old chasm…

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@tiomono said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    "random target" makes me think this might only affect enemies as you wouldn't target your own team but of course MPQ language is not always as we would expect.

Black bolt comes to mind as a character that "targets" his own team. There are probably others.

For what it's worth, Black Bolt's ability says "targeting 1 other ally" rather than just "one target"

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@sambrookjm said:

@tiomono said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    "random target" makes me think this might only affect enemies as you wouldn't target your own team but of course MPQ language is not always as we would expect.

Black bolt comes to mind as a character that "targets" his own team. There are probably others.

For what it's worth, Black Bolt's ability says "targeting 1 other ally" rather than just "one target"

For what it's worth, Black Bolt's ability also says "targeting all other allies". Also I was responding to someone that stated that "you wouldn't target your own team". So I listed black bolt as an example of someone that does target your own team. I later also listed 3 characters that "hit a random target" identically worded to the support.
    Ultimately I'm just genuinely curious how the support works and was hoping for some clarification on that. But as someone else already stated it seems likely we will get that explanation once a player has the item.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@tiomono said:

@sambrookjm said:

@tiomono said:

@DAZ0273 said:

For what it's worth, Black Bolt's ability also says "targeting all other allies". Also I was responding to someone that stated that "you wouldn't target your own team". So I listed black bolt as an example of someone that does target your own team. I later also listed 3 characters that "hit a random target" identically worded to the support.
    Ultimately I'm just genuinely curious how the support works and was hoping for some clarification on that. But as someone else already stated it seems likely we will get that explanation once a player has the item.

Both of those people were me!

To clarify I meant you wouldn't target an attack against your own team but obviously I stand to be corrected.

• tiomono
    Options

@DAZ0273 it's all good. I often come across more aggressive than I intend. I'm just curious how this thing works.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I hope we see an answer before it is on offer. I agree trade offs aren’t a deal breaker, but this one is…first support I wouldn’t even bother with.

• tiomono
    Options

Its in the game now but not available in any deals I'm seeing. It's not in the current set of options in the support tokens either.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,959 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@tiomono said:
    An offer popped up I snagged it. Only have the level 1. It does not hurt my spider-verse character with no spider-verse on the enemy team. I tested with okoye halfthor and Spidey 2099. It took what was a silly fun team and sped it up a bit.

That's good news then if it always targeted the enemy team (presumably you ran a few matches / battles to be sure it wasn't pure luck you only got the enemy team).

More importantly, did Okoye's boost work with the damage dealt?

KGB

• tiomono
    Options

Okoyes boost yes. I did several matches with no spider-verse enemies 2099 took no damage. I also did try a match with a spider-verse enemy that one enemy took all the extra damage.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    It is mangled English once again I'm afraid leading to confusion. Using either enemy or character would have qualified it.

Or we as players are trying to over read things into the descriptions like we are lawyers looking for loopholes.

The level 5 power says enemy in the description so it seems to me it's not mangled English at all. Target means a character that can be hit (not invisible/airborne/enemy) by a power/match damage. If they wanted it to be enemy target they could have written enemy target or just enemy.

I think this is another double edged support.

KGB

So uhm...