Time to swap the 4* monthly release for 1*?

Options
2»

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,150 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:
    I want quicker access to the 4* rewards. A 1* release now just dilutes the pool and makes leveling ascensed characters take even longer.

Yeah, I've been thinking about this. Oddly enough I began to think targeting 1s and 4s for ascension feels the right thing to speed through to the best rewards in 5-land. But it is actually not in reality. 2s and 3s ultimately push towards specific 4 and then 5* covers faster than potential rewards for ascension. I think this is because of feeders and dilution - ascension technically delivers more rewards but are spread across more options.

E.g. 2Storm feeds 3Storm. Instead of getting 3Storm shards, ascended 2Storm3 gives HTs and LTs. The HTs could potentially give you 1 of 150+ covers. While your roster as a whole will increase faster, specific character development will be slower.

As dilution continues at the 3, 4 and 5 tiers you will get fewer feeders and probably not duplicates so the way to build new characters faster will be to ascend everyone and sharget.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023
    Options

They were very smart to monetize the 1* tier. Expanding into a 6* tier is fraught with alot of political risk/player rebellion. I don't have the buy club numbers, but I'm sure they have seen a stalled or plateau in real cash flow. They've now created a new revenue stream in a previously stale and stagnant phase of the game.

BCS has a much better pricing strategy than Demi in the sense that these micro transactions are reasonably digestible and understandable. FWIW Buy club is a user created construct. (I specifically mean that players internally communicated the in game value of getting 144cp from a buy club experience. I honestly don't think their business analysis assumed we would self organize this offer and willing reorganize to facilitate the transaction ) Their original assumptions was simply that the user base would accept $100 buying increments. BCS has a lower entry point at $20 ascended 5*, but they can easily manufacture new 1* to sell and chase. vs forcing the players to experience multiple buy clubs spends.

This is a much more digestible version of the game than participating in user created buy clubs. and I 100% approve creating new 1* along with the resulting $20 ascended variant.