Competitive PVE/PVP Players: Where to do daily quandries?

Options
LavaManLee
LavaManLee Posts: 1,309 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

I normally don't try to get more than T50 for PVE but since this is a new release, I am working hard to be T10. As such, speed is of the essence. Thus, as I play, I am not focused on the daily quandries but on finishing as quick as possible. It would take time to (a) think about matching something different than normal and (b) exit to see if I have completed one quandry and move on to the next.

The same, I would think, would hold true for competitive PVP. You want to hit as quick as possible and move up and then shield or hold.

So what is left where one can do the daily quandries? There currently aren't Lightning Rounds until Tuesday. The Labyrinth PVE is fine but would take a long time to do some of them. There isn't a puzzle quest. DDQ only lasts so long. If you could replay them, that would help.

Just wondering where people who are actively competing in PVE/PVP are going to do the daily quandries? Or, is it a case of not really focusing and if some are hit, that is great. And if not, oh well?

On another note, totally agree with posters in other threads that all daily quandries should be released at once and not one at a time (if they actually want us to hit all of them for the community challenge, which perhaps they don't?).

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'd suggest the Quandary PvE event. Nodes have 9 rewards and you can keep hitting them after that too.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Scofie said:
    I'd suggest the Quandary PvE event. Nodes have 9 rewards and you can keep hitting them after that too.

This.
    You can also use team ups there to help with the milestone quest.
    Use 1* characters, go into the nodes with level 15 enemies and match match match.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thanks. Appreciate it.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 391 Mover and Shaker
    Options

The node called interrogation where you have to match in the correct color order or it resets is perfect for the match x amount of color, doesn't work for the TU AP one though.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

to be honest the weekly class of events have been godsends for this exact reason.

I want to explicitly encourage the devs to have a weekly pvp event to give space for players to chase quandries, test teams and do all the other side missions and not risk pvp pve placements.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 962 Critical Contributor
    Options

The bubble up Quandary challenge is a good place to get a lot of matches, you don't take any damage.

I used the puzzle box one for the final 'remove red tiles' , because it had the same layout every time, but it kicked me out after enough failures. But I didn't lose any health from the failure, so I kept doing it.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options

Shield sim should be ok as well easy to get thrid fifty wins too

• Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 95 Match Maker
    edited October 2023
    Options

How to get the 2th day Daily Quandaries - Sent allies airborne 9 times?
    So far Throg's Yellow, Gwenpool's Black, Heimdall's Yellow and Cap Marvel5's Yellow uses did not count. (all used in Infinite Pursuit-twisted realyty)

• dxanders
    dxanders Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options

Heart of the labyrinth is great for "get x of color matches" bc it uses the same configuration every time and doesn't cause damage (except the minor tick from failing). It's a little tedious, but you can get 12 purple and 6 black in one go easily.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Wilger said:
    So far Throg's Yellow, Gwenpool's Black, Heimdall's Yellow and Cap Marvel5's Yellow uses did not count. (all used in Infinite Pursuit-twisted realyty)

Mentioned in another thread, but this is a mistype. You’re supposed to send enemies airborne, not allies.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,988 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Wilger said:

It's bugged in that it should say send enemies airborne 9 times. Nova works for this or 3/5 Vulture Blue or in PvP an enemy Riri who sends herself airborne...

KGB

• Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options

@Xception81; @KGB
    thanks

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

I did PvE as normal and then picked the hard node with all goons to grind the last two rewards. For the one where you need black matches I took cloak and dagger, domino and morbius.

Use morbius to remove their countdowns and match black to your hearts delight. Retreat when they are down to their last goon and repeat.