Oh god, not this again - Red iso 8!

Comments

• There is a purple spidey as a battle reward. While his purple is mhee, I still didn't have and so it was a welcome reward.

Should I wait till the scores start to pop then? Are these the only available quests for the whole event? That's not very many...and the difficulty of each is preeetty low. If this wasn't the week of thanksgiving I would be going for sue storm. Alas...turkey day is tomorrow.

I would think the wisest course of action is waiting until later tommorow before entering the tourney.

Might be the perfect distraction for the crazy Americans who wait in Black Friday* lines.

*now on Thursday
  • What is rubber banding being discussed in the ISO 8 event?
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    So rubberbanding is in effect? I figured that was only for the heroic events. The race for the new 4* is going to be insane!
    I remember the first red iso too well to feel this way. Rubber banding solves problems like polkio (where you're dealing with 2 people with no lives instead of 1). Waking up to see someone has grinded 700 points on a 4 point repeatable is demoralising.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    There is a purple spidey as a battle reward. While his purple is mhee, I still didn't have and so it was a welcome reward.

Should I wait till the scores start to pop then? Are these the only available quests for the whole event? That's not very many...and the difficulty of each is preeetty low. If this wasn't the week of thanksgiving I would be going for sue storm. Alas...turkey day is tomorrow.

I would think the wisest course of action is waiting until later tommorow before entering the tourney.

Might be the perfect distraction for the crazy Americans who wait in Black Friday* lines.

*now on Thursday

I usually wait a day or two to get what I hope is a weaker bracket...but I know I'm so busy with drives and flights and cooking and things that I won't have enough time to place as well as I'd like... So I already entered. Also I have the day off and I was bored lol. Someone left an Xbox 1 with no games at my house while they fly somewhere so I stare at it every once n a while wondering if I should just drop by best buy and buy something for it lol.

Also yea, crazy. Only time I ever "did" black Friday was a HUUUGE mistake. Of course, its worse now as stores are opening 7pm Thursday night now instead of 5-6 am on Friday. So its more like black Thursday night. Dark meat of the thanksgiving holiday.
  • So atm I can gain 0 pts.. Does that mean I will auto lose now? I dropped from 1st to 10th in 40 min.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    There is a purple spidey as a battle reward. While his purple is mhee, I still didn't have and so it was a welcome reward.

*now on Thursday

I usually wait a day or two to get what I hope is a weaker bracket...but I know I'm so busy with drives and flights and cooking and things that I won't have enough time to place as well as I'd like... So I already entered. Also I have the day off and I was bored lol. Someone left an Xbox 1 with no games at my house while they fly somewhere so I stare at it every once n a while wondering if I should just drop by best buy and buy something for it lol.

Also yea, crazy. Only time I ever "did" black Friday was a HUUUGE mistake. Of course, its worse now as stores are opening 7pm Thursday night now instead of 5-6 am on Friday. So its more like black Thursday night. Dark meat of the thanksgiving holiday.
    Unless you really want IW, the mission rewards themselves are very good. I care for Spidey more than IW so I'm joining day 1. Last Unstable, I joined day 1 and RNG was not kind enough to give me any Spideys. Crossing my fingers this time.
  • Vexed wrote:
    So atm I can gain 0 pts.. Does that mean I will auto lose now? I dropped from 1st to 10th in 40 min.

Working as intended. It's the curse I had IceX put into the game because you attack me too much.
  • I, too have had both repeatables drop to 0 points.

Even though I'm in 34th place.

Hah?
  • The Devs must have read Matt 20:16 " the first shall be last and the last shall be first".. Lol
  • Updated the op with an important message for you EU players.
  • while the americans are at work lol. i found that hilarious for some reason.

i'm an american
  • Ranzera wrote:
    fatcatfan wrote:
    So rubberbanding is in effect? I figured that was only for the heroic events. The race for the new 4* is going to be insane!
    I remember the first red iso too well to feel this way. Rubber banding solves problems like polkio (where you're dealing with 2 people with no lives instead of 1). Waking up to see someone has grinded 700 points on a 4 point repeatable is demoralising.

Thank you icon_e_smile.gif
  • forgrim wrote:
    while the americans are at work lol. i found that hilarious for some reason.

i'm an american

You are at work and playing MPQ? Niceeeeeeeee
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Can someone tell.me which 2 are grindable so I can just complete those and save the others for rubberbanding? And on another thread above a mod said that the reset was every day...did he merely mispeak?

EDIT: also, are we SURE there is rubberbanding? None of my values have gone up at all other than right after completing mission. So maybe its not rubbberbanding but just updating for the next time? For comparison to others here are some of my values:

First fight, after completion, is now worth 27.

Bullseye (incomplete) is worth 105.

Jugg venom is (completed) 95. All the trivials in the bottom left are worth 30 and are incomplete.

Cold combat/Greenland op both incomplete and both worth 60.

And so ppl don't give same values due to same bracket...my bracket has "Papatohtori" in first at the moment.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    Updated the op with an important message for you EU players.

Just remember there is always someone that gets the short end.

In Australia East coast it either ends while at work or 3AM in the morning icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Ranzera wrote:
    Updated the op with an important message for you EU players.

Very good news, but still getting 15-30minutes break at work will be easier in most cases than getting up at 4am icon_e_wink.gif (I am not complaining, just comparing, I got too used to getting up at strange times for MPQ by now icon_e_confused.gif )
  • Polkio wrote:
    forgrim wrote:

i'm an american

half day teehee, day before thanksgiving
  • Can someone tell.me which 2 are grindable so I can just complete those and save the others for rubberbanding? And on another thread above a mod said that the reset was every day...did he merely mispeak?

EDIT: also, are we SURE there is rubberbanding? None of my values have gone up at all other than right after completing mission. So maybe its not rubbberbanding but just updating for the next time? For comparison to others here are some of my values:

First fight, after completion, is now worth 27.

Bullseye (incomplete) is worth 105.

Jugg venom is (completed) 95. All the trivials in the bottom left are worth 30 and are incomplete.

Cold combat/Greenland op both incomplete and both worth 60.

And so ppl don't give same values due to same bracket...my bracket has "Papatohtori" in first at the moment.

Well, this was said anyway:
    Will this event work the same way as the previous unstable ISO event? Missions reset every two days or so. Also, will there be rubber banding like the Heroics Tournament? How many people per bracket? Need more information please!

A lot of changes to the inner workings were made this one, like adding 2 repeatable missions, but to get to your exact questions...

Missions will change every day. Think of it like the previous event, but running in 1/2 of the time (5 days instead of 10).

Regarding the "rubber banding", the algorithms are are continuously being worked on so that both new and old players can enjoy the event. This time around, Unstable Iso-8 is using an entirely different point-rewarding calculation than any previous event.

Brackets are limited to 1,000 players.
  • forgrim wrote:
    Polkio wrote:
    forgrim wrote:

i'm an american

half day teehee, day before thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all you American guys !!!
  • I vote we call the new algorithm "screw repeatables" in honor of those getting stuck with 0 point repeatables lol.