• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2023
    Options

These are amazing.

• bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options

When can we start favoriting the new 3*?

• Neoktheone
    Neoktheone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options

Did they remove the higher odds for getting the new 3? Or aren't the stores not yet fully updated as you can't favourite the new 3 either?

• bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options

It appears you need to roster Spider-Rex before you can favorite him.

• Neoktheone
    Neoktheone Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options

Increased odds are up now, so apparantly it did need some more time...

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options

Spider-Rex is also a primary feeder, not secondary, to Devil Dino

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Wolvie171 said:

I'm guessing that's temporary until the new 4* is released, so get your DD's while you can!

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

@Wolvie171 said:

I'm guessing that's temporary until the new 4* is released, so get your DD's while you can!

That depends, actually, on whether or not they're going to give retro rewards for the new character when they update.

In the past they have, but I'd kind of like confirmation - there's no "retro" line on the flow chart...

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@BlackBoltRocks said:
    So... that Red ability is basically an inferior version of 3* Punisher's Red?

With the lower automatic downing threshold, it should do more damage.

Yup. Punpun at lv266 does 2140 damage. Spiderrex does almost twice that at 4061. The 3* power creep that started with Arcade is real.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@rainkingucd said:

@Wolvie171 said:

That depends, actually, on whether or not they're going to give retro rewards for the new character when they update.

In the past they have, but I'd kind of like confirmation - there's no "retro" line on the flow chart...

I see trust between devs and forumers is very high :D .

• GrimSkald
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:

@GrimSkald said:

@rainkingucd said:

@Wolvie171 said:

I mostly see it as a simple X vs Y calculation - if there are retro rewards I will miss out on one Dino cover and maybe a up to 130 shards for the new person (secondary feeders get pretty low amounts.) I'll lose a teeny, tiny bit of effectiveness in his own PVP and PVE by having Spider-Rex at 182 rather than probably around 190 to 200ish.

The flip side of that is if there are no retro rewards, I'll miss a full cover for the new 4* and maybe 100 shards to boot - I don't need more Devil Dino, he's a "bonus character" with almost no utility and I already get plenty of his covers on the Anniversary. OTOH the mystery 4* is going to feed Venomsaurus, so missing out on a full cover for them is much worse.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2023
    Options

Has anyone complained yet about 3* health inflation ? getting through 70k of health to down a 3* is not very fun. Cant wait to have a new pve with lvl 550 spider dino with 400k health

@GrimSkald said:

@pepitedechocolat said:

@GrimSkald said:

@rainkingucd said:

@Wolvie171 said:

I mostly see it as a simple X vs Y calculation - if there are retro rewards I will miss out on one Dino cover and maybe a up to 130 shards for the new person (secondary feeders get pretty low amounts.) I'll lose a teeny, tiny bit of effectiveness in his own PVP and PVE by having Spider-Rex at 182 rather than probably around 190 to 200ish.

The flip side of that is if there are no retro rewards, I'll miss a full cover for the new 4* and maybe 100 shards to boot - I don't need more Devil Dino, he's a "bonus character" with almost no utility and I already get plenty of his covers on the Anniversary. OTOH the mystery 4* is going to feed Venomsaurus, so missing out on a full cover for them is much worse.

The fact you are considering this to be a reasonable dev decision without a precedent and hold on your ressources shows some defiance towards the devs goodwill. That is no biggies

• GrimSkald
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:
    Has anyone complained yet about 3* health inflation ? getting through 70k of health to down a 3* is not very fun. Cant wait to have a new pve with lvl 550 spider dino with 400k health

@GrimSkald said:

@pepitedechocolat said:

@GrimSkald said:

@rainkingucd said:

@Wolvie171 said:

The fact you are considering this to be a reasonable dev decision without a precedent and hold on your ressources shows some defiance towards the devs goodwill. That is no biggies

I'm not sure when you say "that is no biggies" if you mean it is or isn't a big deal, but to me it actually isn't a big deal. I honestly think there's a very good chance they'll give retroactive rewards and if they explicitly say they will, I'll cash in on the hoarded covers. But here's how I break it down:

• If there are no retroactive rewards, if I hoard I lose 1 Devil Dinosaur level and maybe, maybe 100 Devil Dinosaur shards and get 1 "new guy" cover and possibly 100 "new guy" shards. If I don't I will lose out on those "new guy" cover and shards.

• If there are retroactive rewards, if I hoard I will lose the above Devil Dinosaur cover and shards and an additional 1500 Iso since I didn't "double dip" on the secondary Devil Dinosaur rewards.

So basically I'm giving up 1, possibly 1.25 Devil Dinosaur covers and 1500 Iso by hoarding. My Devil Dino is 357 and I'm Post-Iso. For me, that's a no-brainer -- I'd much rather have 1 to 1.25 covers for "new guy" and get a head start on actually leveling them than the possibility of double-dipping on resources that don't benefit me much.