*** Spider-Rex (Pter Ptarker) ***

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited July 2023 in Character Details

Spider-Rex (Pter Ptarker)
3-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Heroes, Non-humans, Non-humanoids. Spider-Verse, Enhanced

One day the weakling pteranadon Pter Ptarker was flying over a prehistoric jungle, only to swap bodies with a T-Rex after both were hit with a radioactive spider filled meteorite. Pter now has the body of a T-Rex and received the incredible powers of a spider. While testing his new web-swinging powers, a tree branch supporting him broke, crashing him down on some innocent dinos. Thus, Pter learned that even in pre-historic times, "With great power, there must also come great responsibility."

Abilities listed at level 40/166/266
Health: 3119/11900/39336

King of the Dinosaurs - 8 Red AP
T-Rex sized jaws with the proportional strength of a spider. CHOMP. Deals 407 damage, downing them if they are below 10% of their health.
166: 1269 damage / 266: 1562 damage

• Level 2: Deals 488 damage, downing at 15% health.
    • 166: 1523 damage / 266: 1874 damage
  • Level 3: Deals 570 damage, downing at 20% health.
    • 166: 1777 damage / 266: 2187 damage
  • Level 4: Deals 733 damage, downing at 25% health.
    • 166: 2284 damage / 266: 2812 damage
  • Level 5: Deals 1058 damage, downing at 30% health.
    • 166: 3299 damage / 266: 4061 damage

Web Drop - 6 Green AP
Web 'em up, drop 'em down. Spider-Rex webs his foes into the air and slams them to the ground, but it's hard to control webs with tiny arms. Deals 301 damage to 2 random enemies, increased by 50% if they are Airborne. 33% of the time, the enemy drops down on a random ally, Stunning them both for 1 turn.
166: 939 damage / 266: 1156 damage

• Level 2: Deals 361 damage. Stun 30% of the time.
    • 166: 1127 damage / 266: 1387 damage
  • Level 3: Deals 421 damage. Stun 25% of the time.
    • 166: 1315 damage / 266: 1618 damage
  • Level 4: Deals 542 damage. Stun 20% of the time.
    • 166: 1690 damage / 266: 2081 damage
  • Level 5: Deals 783 damage. Stun 15% of the time.
  • 166: 2441 damage / 266: 3006 damage

Jungle Wide Web - 8 Blue AP
Giant sized body means giant sized webs. The better to Stun you with. Stuns the target for 2 turns, and any enemies whose current health percentage is within 10% of the target's current health percentage deal 10% less damage for 1 turn(s).

• Level 2: Enemies within 12% of the target deal 12% less damage.
  • Level 3: Enemies within 15% of the target deal 15% less damage.
  • Level 4: Stuns for 3 turns. Enemies within 20% of the target deal 20% less damage for 2 turns.
  • Level 5: Stuns for 4 turns. Enemies within 25% of the target deal 25% less damage.

Feeder Updates

Release Schedule

Story
Hearts of Darkness - 6/29 - 7/3
Venomsaurus Rex (Brockiosaurus) Shards and Event Token in Placement Rewards
Venomsaurus Rex (Brockiosaurus) Event Token in Progression Rewards and Alliance Rewards

The Hunt - 7/2 - 7/6
Venomsaurus Rex (Brockiosaurus) Legendary Token in Placement Rewards, Shards and Event Token in Progression Rewards, Legendary Token and Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Versus
Dino-Danger - Spider-Rex (Pter Ptarker) - 6/29 - 7/3
Venomsaurus Rex (Brockiosaurus) Shards in Placement Rewards, Event Token in Progression Rewards, Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Jurassic Joust - Venomsaurus Rex (Brockiosaurus) - 7/1 - 7/4
Venomsaurus Rex (Brockiosaurus) Event Token in Progression Rewards, Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Offers
Symbiotic Safari Store 6/29 - 7/3
Chance to get Venomsaurus Rex (Brockiosaurus) . Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Dino-Delights Vault - 7/6 - 7/9
Chance to get Venomsaurus Rex (Brockiosaurus) . Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls
40 Items:
β—‹ 1x Roar β€˜n’ More Legendary Store Token
β—‹ 1x 4-Star Spider-Man 2099 (Miguel O’Hara) cover
β—‹ 3x Random 3-Star covers
β—‹ 6x Heroic tokens
β—‹ 4x 2500 Iso
β—‹ 6x 1000 Iso
β—‹ 5x 500 Iso
β—‹ 14x Two stars

Roar β€˜n’ More Legendary Store - 7/6 - 7/9
15% chance to get Venomsaurus Rex (Brockiosaurus) , Knull (King In Black), and Spider-Man (Back in Black)
Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Β«1

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So this character can go airborne which doesn't seem to fit with any guesses I have seen so far.

• trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options

I read this as increased damage if the enemy is airborne, not this character. The text then talks about the enemy dropping down.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Ah right. So basically you shoot the enemy down if they are airborne.

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2023
    Options

3* Version will be Liz Allan aka Misery. She's bound to Madness in a way so it works as both Hero and Villain.

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Kinda odd that as you increase levels in the green ability, you actually have less of a chance of getting the stun bonus, isn't it?

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options

Yeah, I was kinda assuming that must be a typo?

• ElectricVasting
    ElectricVasting Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options

I think since it also stuns one of your allies randomly, it's not clear that it's a benefit. So it's probably safer to use when that random stun % is lower ...

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023
    Options

@ElectricVasting said:
    I think since it also stuns one of your allies randomly, it's not clear that it's a benefit. So it's probably safer to use when that random stun % is lower ...

Ah, I was reading it as the enemy drops down on one of their allies, not one of your allies.

Yes, if it's stunning one of your own allies, then it makes sense to drop the odds of that happening with higher levels.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@BlackBoltRocks said:
    So... that Red ability is basically an inferior version of 3* Punisher's Red?

With the lower automatic downing threshold, it should do more damage.

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    So this character can go airborne which doesn't seem to fit with any guesses I have seen so far.

Black Cat can go airborne, so it doesn't really mean anything.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Jacklag said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Black Cat can go airborne, so it doesn't really mean anything.

Black Cat fires claws on a cable that take her airborne so...not sure what you are saying?!?!? Maybe the SpiderDino can do airborne too but it appears to apply to the enemy anyway?

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2023
    Options

With joke characters like these, I need to start asking for Mooster Fantastic and Mooseterio.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mooster_Fantastic_(Earth-8311)
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mooseterio_(Earth-8311)

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

Pter means wing. We're jumping the tiny kitty shark and the name doesn't even make sense.

Tell whoever's pushing these random idiocies on the game to do better.

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options

@Blackstone said:
    Pter means wing. We're jumping the tiny kitty shark and the name doesn't even make sense.

Pter was a pterodactyl, hence the name. He got hit with a meteorite filled with alien spiders that ALSO hit Normannosaurus Rex, and they swapped bodies. Hence why "wing" is in the body of a T-Rex.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@IceIX said:

@Blackstone said:

Pter was a pterodactyl, hence the name. He got hit with a meteorite filled with alien spiders that ALSO hit Normannosaurus Rex, and they swapped bodies. Hence why "wing" is in the body of a T-Rex.

You said that without even a winky. I am impressed! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

@IceIX said:

@Blackstone said:

I still would have preferred Dinah Soar over this. At least the GLA can achieve compelling alongside the silliness.

I get that it's a silly, convoluted retread of Peter Parker in dino land but...

If you need to explain the joke, it's just not funny.

Only my opinion though. But thanks for clearing that up. I shan't make any further negative to-do concerning the name.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Blackstone said:

@IceIX said:

@Blackstone said:

I still would have preferred Dinah Soar over this. At least the GLA can achieve compelling alongside the silliness.

I get that it's a silly, convoluted retread of Peter Parker in dino land but...

If you need to explain the joke, it's just not funny.

Only my opinion though. But thanks for clearing that up. I shan't make any further negative to-do concerning the name.

The GLA continues to be a great missed opportunity for this game.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wow this feeds Devil Dino! Will he become a regular now or just a new way to earn limited characters?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,944 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I was really hoping Devil Dino would become a 5* feeder eventually, for two reasons -- because I have two 370 Dinos, and also because most other players don't.