Chasm not healing when matching web tiles

tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor

Chasm's purple power Stare Into the Void says he heals whenever a web tile is matched. I've noticed over the last few days I'm not always getting the healing after matching web tiles. I've used Chasm a lot in this week's PVE, I've obviously matched lots of web tiles in each fight. However I'm not seeing him heal on every web tile I've matched.

Comments

• tonypq
    edited March 2023

More info can be found from my topic in the General forum here,

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88180/chasm-not-healing#latest

Will Chasm not healing ever be addressed ?

This has been happening for over a week now.

• tonypq

Did the guy who reviews and responds on bugs get fired or ???

Been quite a while to just hear crickets.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 711 Critical Contributor

Still not healing properly. Not inspired by the lack of communication this far out from the issue being brought to attention.

• tonypq

@WilliamK1983 said:
    Still not healing properly. Not inspired by the lack of communication this far out from the issue being brought to attention.

Right, a month later no comment whatsoever. Even after linking my thread from general chat where many other players also commented on Chasm not healing correctly. This is pathetic Broken Circle.

• WilliamK1983

Maybe they got something in the works regarding Chasm and don't wanna give it away? Still would be a poor idea to not fix him in the meantime. Idk I'm just thinking out loud.

• tonypq

@WilliamK1983 said:
    Maybe they got something in the works regarding Chasm and don't wanna give it away? Still would be a poor idea to not fix him in the meantime. Idk I'm just thinking out loud.

That's a possibility maybe. With supports being revamped and allowing them to be used in PVP, maybe they're doing a wait and see due to any coding issues with Chasm. Would be great to hear from the team though.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

I'm still pretty sure it's just a display issue.
    I've watched my health now, and damage numbers.
    It said I lost 9k and 8k, but my health only went down by 6k and 4k.
    So I still believe you just don't see the healing.

Don't you think that if this actually was widespread that there would've dozens of tickets to CS each day?

• WilliamK1983

Yea I noticed last night during my climb, then subsequent hops, he appears to be healing correctly. I say appears because 1-display like you said coupled with the speed and character swaps and 2-I just don't know. Chasm still confuses me, don't really care much for the character, and is an automatic skip in pvp with ihulk. But dang it he is useful. Good crutch when I need it.

• tonypq

@Bowgentle said:
    I'm still pretty sure it's just a display issue.
    I've watched my health now, and damage numbers.
    It said I lost 9k and 8k, but my health only went down by 6k and 4k.
    So I still believe you just don't see the healing.

Don't you think that if this actually was widespread that there would've dozens of tickets to CS each day?

When you see Chasm's health, then match a web tile and don't see his health go up, what does that tell you ?

Because for some reason he's healing correctly for you apparently, but not others who've also mentioned seeing the same things I have in the thread I made in general and linked above. You can clearly see if his health went up or not after matching the web tile, whether or not the typical green text shows it or not. You just see how much health he has, match web tile, see no gain. I've gone turn after turn often and not healing after matching webs. It's very frustrating.

I've seen him heal time to time. Sometimes the green pop up text shows, sometimes not. More often than not he isn't healing however.
    Sometimes I've matched multiple web tiles and not healed, just to see on next turn he loses health.

I've had Chasm since he first released and used him quite a bit, back then he was working as intended, as far as his healing goes. I'd match a web tile, he'd heal...simple as that. I liked using him to plow through some tough nodes once a while because his healing made things easier. I could count on keeping his health topped up by matching his web tiles, but he's clearly not healing as his ability description states any longer.

I also had used him in PVP quite often and previously again, he was healing fine for me. But since posting this thread here and the one in general, he simply isn't healing correctly matching web tiles.

I even recorded some videos but when trying to upload the site said my file was too big. I'm not sure how to get any videos on here or change the size so they fit.

• WilliamK1983

Chasm is definitely still broken.

• Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker

^——————

• tonypq

Anyone at BC care to comment ?

You've had 3 months to comment on this and nothing.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,395 Chairperson of the Boards

Is Chasm broken again?

It appears he is taking double damage at the end of turn. I now see him taking 8-10k dmg at the end of each turn after the last patch.

• tonypq

@dianetics said:
    Is Chasm broken again?

It appears he is taking double damage at the end of turn. I now see him taking 8-10k dmg at the end of each turn after the last patch.

I've seen that too now that you mention it hehe. There's just so much going on with him I never really noticed. I remember seeing the damage at the end of turns and also thinking hmm that seems a bit high.