Bored and just wondering how much everyone got (hp ect)

Comments

• illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler

@entrailbucket said:
    Do you ever plan to spend it? What's the point of earning in game resources (also other tokens, packs, etc) that you'll never use in the game?

honestly ,i would, but there is nothing i want that is worth spending on. I stayed away from the Chasm train, not that interested the latest three. but in reality, i can't see myself pulling any tokens unless something is done to Chasm . Any character the DEV's create are a complete waste of resources on their end. As long as Chasm is draining AP, no character is worth pulling. you'll never get the AP needed to fire the power. on top of that, all the characters lately, requires the bible to translate the power set. It's too complicated. They need to go to basics like Okoye, Apoc, Beta, Onslaught. I miss the heavy hitters.

I've been using the same five 550, for three years now. If i can play this long without pulling my hoard, than i am not missing out on anything.

Second, i only use event tokens for new characters in event vault. Other than that, i have no reason to pull from a vault. I don't pull from DDQ, until they revamp the vault. That vault vault has over 150 2*, and only three 4*.

I'm waiting for the QOL improvements and see if any of these changes are going to be in there.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards

See, that's a foreign concept to me (not wanting characters), because I've always wanted all of them! Good, bad, fun, boring, whatever, I've always wanted to completely max out everybody. I figured the terrible ones would get fixed eventually, so there was no point in ever being selective about it -- especially because selection in this type of game means paying more resources to buy out RNG.

For a long time this was very dumb, but I often found ways to use the bad or boring guys anyway. Now a lot of those guys are actually super good, so I feel vindicated, at least a little!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Just don't mention Wasp.
    She'll need another 3 balance passes.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

I definitely wouldn't let it pile up to these extremes but each to their own. Chasm could get nerfed or anything could happen so I wanna grab everybody! I am currently sitting on a stash of 1500 CP and that will grow as I have Kang champed so after Wong leaves I need to wait another cycle but then that and whatever LT's I have are getting spent!

• Bowgentle

Inb4 EB "you should spend those CP on classics NOW!"

• DAZ0273

Lol, I am nowhere near the stage of being able to cover latest from LT's alone so sorry EB! I would if I could!

• entrailbucket

@Bowgentle said:
    Inb4 EB "you should spend those CP on classics NOW!"

Eh. Everybody should play how they want!

As long as the strategy you use works for you and you think it's fun, go do whatever. When there's debates about what's best, or people talk about being forced to play a certain way (that they don't enjoy), that's where I might argue.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2023

@entrailbucket said:

It also seems to me that the compulsive hoarding of things like taco tokens is a way to "buy out" RNG, which strikes me as a very odd thing to do, in a game that has never pretended to be anything besides an RNG reward machine. If you don't like RNG, how did you even get started here?

The DDQ token hoarding imo I think makes perfect sense. Personally, I treat it as a stash of ressources for a rainy day. I go loot my hoarded DDQ tokens when I
    a) really need some extra HP for some reason or
    b) have some dupe farming 2* that are blocking slots, but for the life of me I can't pull their last covers from tokens. So I raid my DDQ stash, which usually gets me the 2* covers I need, champ them, finally get to sell the dupe and get the roster slot back.

I find having the taco tokens stocked up to some extent much more useful than pulling as I go and leaving everything up to rng.

(Also, personally I was drawn to the game because "turn-based Marvel team building game" really appeals to me, not because of RNG. :P RNG is just something I tolerate. But if I can reduce it to guarantee results, I totally will.)

• stef_focus
    stef_focus Posts: 105 Tile Toppler

Day 2591
    SR 220
    Iso 2,3 M
    RIso 3,1 M
    HP 21510
    CP 2954
    Slots 399
    LL 221
    Sweet Taco 860
    Spicy Taco 864
    other tokens 10+ K

Why the hoarding: to be able to champ new chars quickly.
    3* via Standard (6000), Elite (3000), Heroic (500)
    4* via Mighty (700)
    5* not champed, but all colors covered via release store (CP) and LL when there are 3 non-champed 5* in latest.

Tacos are for when a 4* is present that I don't have above level 300. Having enough tacos means a guaranteed pull.

Iso, because I am Iso-positive, nowhere to spend it
    RIso, because I am also RIso-positive

HP for buying slots when needed, interesting daily deals, and christmas vaults. It has been up to 70-80 K.

And a lot of event vault tokes. If an event doesn't have interesting content, I save them for when they do the next time around.

• DAZ0273

How the bloody hell are so many of you bastards so iso rich? I don't live right!

• Bowgentle

Once you champ all 4s, ISO piles up - until you start duping 4s.
    Then it's a massive, massive uphill struggle.
    After that, it's all over.

• DAZ0273

I've definitely gone wrong somewhere, I have been playing 61 days longer than Stef above, lol!

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    I've definitely gone wrong somewhere, I have been playing 61 days longer than Stef above, lol!

Yeah me too, I'm at 500 days more and stef is crushing me

• entrailbucket

I wish I could spend it! I hate having a pile of resources that I can't use. Many years ago, you could buy standard tokens for 500 iso, and I cashed out a few million that way (seriously).

• DAZ0273

You guys could be ISO loan sharks but what would we even pay you? Extracted teeth? Kidneys?

• entrailbucket

Before champions, one of the most requested features was to let people "gift" unusable covers to their alliancemates. Back then if you had, say, a lvl166 5/5/3 Patch Wolverine, and you pulled another cover for him, you could either apply it to respec him (but only if it was yellow), recruit it as a dupe, or sell it for a tiny amount of iso/HP.

To their everlasting credit, Demiurge refused to implement it. When games do stuff like that, what inevitably happens is that you create out of game marketplaces that run on real money, and other various... shenanigans. Alliance CP for purchases did create some assorted shenanigans, but nothing like resource gifting would have.

• DAZ0273

Oh I totally agree, that would get exploited so fast and so hard it would make a need for speed game like a snail race.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    I wish I could spend it! I hate having a pile of resources that I can't use. Many years ago, you could buy standard tokens for 500 iso, and I cashed out a few million that way (seriously).

Wow That was so long long ago. Now your just dating your self. hahaha

• EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 78 Match Maker

Ok, here are my stats....

Day 1311
    SR 92
    Iso - 25 861 624 currently
    HP - 40 345 (and that's because I am trying to roster the remaining 4* so just needing to get to 41 000..)
    Red Iso - 3 879 503
    CP - 5332

About the tokens..... here's getting rough. It's like I have over 10 000 combined probably... xD

Heroics - 1732 and 30 for 10x
    Standard - 4476
    Elite - 3200
    Mighty - 346
    Supports - 76 Beginners and 9 Advanced
    LL - 47
    Sweet Tacos - 930
    Spicy Tacos - 1133

Not to mention the various event vaults, for example like Meet Rocket & Groot is 68 tokens. I even have the anniversary tokens unopened as well. xD
    If you want explanation, I can do another post.

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 222 Tile Toppler

Oh hey! People always freak out whenever I say my Iso amount since I play kinda differently than most of my alliance. Because I only play and build the characters I like, I don't have much use for Iso.
    As I started upgrading my 5 stars finally however I got less.

7,682,701 Iso
    3200 Heroic Points ( Changes frequently )
    103 Slots
    1 Championed 5 star ( My precious Gobby )
    3 all tied for closest at finishing. 7/13
    Spider Man ( Peter Parker ), Jessica Jones, Hit Monkey.