What's New MPQ: April 2023 (Updated 4/12/23)

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

@EddieCL said:
    Oh, Hound? Is that you..!?

No I'm not hound, I just think overlap is fine, days off are bad, which is against the opinion of many here. I still think people are very short sighted to consider overlaps are worse than days off.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Luckily I'm mostly playing another game, if not my gaming needs wouldn't be satisfied with this one.
    I almost get the same feeling when I was a teenager and my mather used to say "you already have played 1 hour and half today and that's absolutely enough".
    Not a pleasant feeling, obviously.

• EddieCL
    EddieCL Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:
    No I'm not hound, I just think overlap is fine, days off are bad, which is against the opinion of many here. I still think people are very short sighted to consider overlaps are worse than days off.

Yeah, I was kidding with the Hound bit, sorry.
    Also, it seems I read your comment the wrong way, like you being against days off.
    Main point is, both situations are unpleasant for different kind of players and, bottom line, neither should be acceptable. Really, looking forward to a mpq world with neat, clear schedulings. Is it much to ask for?

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

It's a dangerous precedent in mobile games to not be consistent. Humans thrive on consistency and a mobile game is no different. PVE ran like clockwork for years without any disruption. Ever since BCS took over, and especially in the last three months, it has been a c-r-a-p shoot. People will find something else to fill the time and might not return.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@LavaManLee said:
    It's a dangerous precedent in mobile games to not be consistent. Humans thrive on consistency and a mobile game is no different. PVE ran like clockwork for years without any disruption. Ever since BCS took over, and especially in the last three months, it has been a c-r-a-p shoot. People will find something else to fill the time and might not return.

This.
    They're endangering the whole business model with this.
    Which is why I hope there's high priority on fixing whatever is causing this.
    Days with nothing to do equals lost casual players who might be spenders.

• pepitedechocolat
    Options

@EddieCL said:

@pepitedechocolat said:

Yeah, I was kidding with the Hound bit, sorry.
    Also, it seems I read your comment the wrong way, like you being against days off.
    Main point is, both situations are unpleasant for different kind of players and, bottom line, neither should be acceptable. Really, looking forward to a mpq world with neat, clear schedulings. Is it much to ask for?

I agree that steady stream of PVE would be the best choice, and getting some accurate planning, even for just a week in advance would be great too.
    It seems devs have an odd bug with scheduling, so I'd prefer them to throw at us "more things to do" rather than "empty time". with many things to do it is up to the player to pick and choose, with nothing it is like... well lets play some other game. Having something to do is better than having players go play something else...

• Bowgentle
    Options

@dianetics said:
    I mentioned their scheduling issues on page 1. They don’t care about it.
    It is not a bug, it is intended.

They probably care, but for whatever reason, they're stretched so thin right now that they can't even spare the 10 minutes it takes to update this thread.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    They probably care, but for whatever reason, they're stretched so thin right now that they can't even spare the 10 minutes it takes to update this thread.

They care the same way I care about a quarter in my pocketbook.
    Scheduling is literally a priority. I don’t want to go more about this because I got a potential ban for this line of thought.

Scheduling for a live game is the most important customer facing job. They can’t even do that.

If you are concerned about the 10 minutes to update this thread. Why aren’t you concerned about the 30-45 minutes to plan the monthly schedule. It is already all available.

BCS has dropped the ball on the live service this month without question

• Bowgentle
    Options

Oh I'm not defending them, they absolutely dropped the ball.
    But I don't think they're doing it because they don't care - there must be other pressing problems right now.
    I mean, they didn't even manage to finish the animations for Torch for his go live, so something is definitely up.

• pepitedechocolat
    Options

Infinite pursuit is up for tomorrow till may 4th

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I really don't think anybody can say for sure what's going on with the schedule.

We've had some indications that they view it as a problem (generous compensation for nebulous "issues") and some indications that they don't (the schedule here is posted with overlaps/gaps on it, and also these issues keep happening).

Is it overwork? Low prioritization? Disinterest? A broken tool? A test of player engagement? The communication has been so rare and odd that it could be any of these, or some other thing entirely.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I really don't think anybody can say for sure what's going on with the schedule.

Is it overwork? Low prioritization? Disinterest? A broken tool? A test of player engagement? The communication has been so rare and odd that it could be any of these, or some other thing entirely.

Its pretty disheartining. It should be no surprise that a big chunk of the player base have office work experience and have seen this type of dysfunction first hand.

• ShionSinX
    ShionSinX Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

Am I crazy? Arent we supposed to get Colleen rewards instead of Namora for IP?

• Bowgentle
    Options

I don't think "the community" cares if BCS works on weekends.
    Demiurge didn't.
    We just want events that start on schedule.

• Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@dianetics said:

@pepitedechocolat said:
    Forumers made abundantly clear they did not mind for days off, so long there was zero overlap ever...

I have been very vocal for a long time about wanting more to do while boss events ran. Some people liked the days off, but the polling on the forum was 60-30ish split where a little more than 30% wanted to run some sort of event alongside boss events.

I don’t think there was vocal support for multiple days with no content in a month. The discussion centered around boss events.

The current issue right now is multiple unscheduled days in one month and from the forum response we can see virtually nobody wants 3-4 unscheduled days in a month.

Not trying to speak for others, but I believe that few would be upset with a Boss event overlap that started in the last half of the Boss event, instead of an overlap at the beginning of a Boss event. Our alliance was done with progression at least 24 hours ago, having another PvE starting yesterday and overlapping would feel fine to me as opposed to having a PvE running during the first day of the Boss event. The main difference being in the early rounds flipping more frequently allowing for more hits. After about the first 5 Boss rounds or so, it slows way down and the 'extra' content of a concurrent PvE would be much less hectic for the hardcore players, and likely welcomed by the casual players and those that can't manage the high level Boss side nodes.

All of which would be great if there were only consistent communication about what is actually going on.

• CoxLargo
    CoxLargo Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options

please update this, thanks

• Belphegor666
    Belphegor666 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options

Where is the May schedule?

• Bowgentle
    Options

Why bother, it'll be incorrect anyway.