PVE 24 hour overlap

Options
trenchdigger
trenchdigger Posts: 118 Tile Toppler

Next event, Infinite Pursuit, starts 24 hours before The Hunt ends. Recently we've had 24 hr gaps, and now it appears 24 hrs of overlap.
Overlap is worse. If there aren't 2 convenient start times for you, then you need to decide which placement rewards are more important to you, and prioritise that event.
I wouldn't even like to guess whether this is intentional by the devs to shake things up, or just another entry in the ever growing list of errors.

Comments

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

On the calendar and the update in the What’s New thread that updates the upcoming events had it scheduled as such for whatever reason that may be

• itsuka7
    itsuka7 Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

And it will also end a day early, as IP is a 3 day event. Please devs, just shift this 24 hours and all is well…

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yeah, just pull the current IP and repush it tomorrow. @IceIX @S0kun @DevpoolMPQ_BCS

• nycjonny
    nycjonny Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options

well the calendar has been wrong before too...

@bigjojo04 said:
    On the calendar and the update in the What’s New thread that updates the upcoming events had it scheduled as such for whatever reason that may be

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

@justsing said:
    Yeah, just pull the current IP and repush it tomorrow. @IceIX @S0kun @DevpoolMPQ_BCS

Good luck getting them to touch stuff on the weekend.

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options

Not expecting a fix, but it can’t hurt to tag……

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Oh definitely. Maybe they'll notice it on MySpace or wherever they hang out.

• furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options

I didn't mind the off day here and there but this is too much of a screw up.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 726 Critical Contributor
    Options

The **** streak continues..

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 430 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2023
    Options

Thanks for the tag! I’ve flagged with the team. Looks like a scheduling error but not sure if we’ll be able to adjust this close to the actual start time.

• hipUK
    hipUK Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options

Oh please fix this... this is a particularly painful mistake

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2023
    Options

Not a big deal. Just leave it and take it as a learning experience. We've had a solid ten day notice this was coming. If you can't plan ahead then that's your mistake, not the developer's.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2023
    Options

@killahKlown said:
    Not a big deal. Just leave it and take it as a learning experience. We've had a solid ten day notice this was coming. If you can't plan ahead then that's your mistake, not the developer's.

(April Fool’s was more than a week ago, but I’ll take the bait)
    That assumes every single player comes to this forum, reads the What’s New thread and scrutinizes the calendar image in detail. Everyone who didn’t do that had less than 24 hours notice.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think they picked the 4 day version of "The Hunt" by accident. Today's has a 2 day sub, (yay for break). I betcha they didn't double check the filenames and misread the 4-day for the 3 day version. Happens all the time when roles get switched around. People get tunnel vision on tasks and literally misread/mistype words. Try having a computer read back a long email. You'll see what I mean

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

it's more rewards overall for the players, I fail to see how this is an issue. I get the "2 events running at same time issue" but I much prefer to have 1 more day of clearing/progression rewards sacrificing a bit of placement rewards.

There are a few dozen of "real" issues I'd prefer the teams to look at before this one.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@killahKlown said:

I don’t know what everyone else’s schedules are like but I can really only play one of the slices if I play optimally so how am I supposed to plan ahead when I’m always locked into a certain slice every time? My placement is going to suffer in one of the events now as a result so I fail to see how that’s my mistake when they scheduled it improperly. That’s a little silly.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

@bigjojo04 said:

@killahKlown said:

I don’t know what everyone else’s schedules are like but I can really only play one of the slices if I play optimally so how am I supposed to plan ahead when I’m always locked into a certain slice every time? My placement is going to suffer in one of the events now as a result so I fail to see how that’s my mistake when they scheduled it improperly. That’s a little silly.

So what's your current placement?

• MWRuger
    MWRuger Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options

@killahKlown said:

@bigjojo04 said:

@killahKlown said:

So what's your current placement?

I get where you are going, but I usually place in the top 10, usually around 6. I will definitely be adversely effected by this.