Views and opinions on the MPQ Grapevine

Options
2»

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,918 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm not sure if we should be blaming Broken Circle or 505 for the communication problems. Probably 505, I think. In the past the majority of our communication came from D3 (and this forum is run by D3). We occasionally got comments or news from Demiurge but I think that was generally unofficial/bonus unnecessary stuff.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

We haven't even really addressed the most head scratching part either. If you are going to do something with Crash of the Titans which you redesigned to be a Monday oriented event why would you not schedule your event to be on a Monday?

Easy to answer.
    Nintendo 8 bits usually had tricks for every game. In the press button screen you could enter something like Left Left Up Down Right A A B (press for 3 seconds) and you can hear a ring meaning it worked.
    Those kind of tricks passed to super nintendo 16 bits.
    Well, you can think of it as BCS has skipped you from to activate any trick on the loading screen and the only thing you have to do for playing the trick is to play on tuesday.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What's the big deal?

Anything posted on Twitter or Facebook is copied here by a formite within an hour or two at most. Are there players who REALLY need to be on the bleeding edge of news that badly? I don't have any social media nor do I haunt Reddit etc. I just come here for my game info and I don't seem to be missing out on anything.

KGB

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So what you are saying is if our beloved Devs had designed Streets of Rage 3 for example, instead of unlocking Roo as a playable character when you save her from the evil trainer instead we would have got a milk carton with Roo's face on the side?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:
    What's the big deal?

Anything posted on Twitter or Facebook is copied here by a formite within an hour or two at most. Are there players who REALLY need to be on the bleeding edge of news that badly? I don't have any social media nor do I haunt Reddit etc. I just come here for my game info and I don't seem to be missing out on anything.

KGB

No there are forumites who figure maybe the news should be read by the newsreader?

• SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options

This might not be popular to say, but what seems to be your official channel should be the place you make official announcements. It is as simple as that. It is part of your business ecosystem.

• AdeptusRevolt
    AdeptusRevolt Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options

To be a little more specific, the official blog would be where they make announcements; but that hasn't been updated since BCS posted about taking over. The forum would be where we discuss things announced on the blog (and social media posts would link back to the blog post, steering people to the hosted platform).

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:
    What's the big deal?

KGB

This only happens because they aren't posting it here themselves in the first place! You're talking about a symptom of the problem, not a reason that it's not a problem.

It's really disappointing that they're this averse to posting official news in an official location. I've spent years with an alliance family of over a hundred players, and every time something goes wrong or there's some confusion with the game, we have dozens of players asking what's going on, and relying on the handful of us that are scattered across other platforms to find the answer and share it. Because we've never been provided with the common courtesy of a single source where we can direct people to get answers.

And honestly, these days it's easier to just say "Devs have messed something up, we don't know what's going on." because I'm tired of chasing down answers they should be providing to begin with, and I just can't be bothered anymore.

I don't think this game is dying by any means, but stuff like this certainly feels like a confirmation it won't ever be as big as it once was, and that's a bummer.