Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

"We", no.
    Someone, apparently.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

Some points are arguables and others are clearly from subjective perception. But there is a point that can't be denied.
    Chasm. A wide amount of players reported how unfun is to fight them, how broken and superior the chahulk team is.
    And after 7 months and many characters released or rebalanced thinking being a good counter, I would say only Kang is a decent counter for them. Recently and making efforts to not counter him, a few characters more will have an option via support.
    All of this totally pointless, they are still the strongest team and they will hardly punish any team defeating them, and so being the best pvp team.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options

Surely the flippant answer is "Yes!"

They could break it more. Game is still playable. There are a good amount of legacy issues and Chasm is a pain. The weird schedule snafu is annoying but not game breaking. However, I can still match gems and fire powers and open tokens, so it doesn't feel broken to me.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Looking at his posts, he started playing MPQ somewhere in early 2018, moved into 4* land somewhere in mid 2019. Majority of his posts since late 2018 is about his unhappiness with the "norm" of MPQ: timed pves, RNG in vaults or tokens, PvP mmr and current metas. He was complaining about Kitty/R4G back then and he's happy to see teams get nerfed when they hit a certain percentage of gameplay.

There were some positive posts about winning certain matches or using certain teams though.

Currently, he seems to be on a "rampage" about Chasm, where he was talking about Chasm in Clea and support thread. He has been playing for 5 years and it seems it's difficult to make him happy, given BCS's generosity. In the new support thread, he said MPQ has worsen under BCS. To quote:

"This game is in a terrible state, and even though it was really bad already when you took over it is currently worse than under previous dev team."

I can't imagine playing a game for close to 5 years where I dislike majority of the mechanics. I would have quit playing MPQ within 3 months if I were him.

Oh! Oh! Can you do a summary of my player history next? Lol

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

3X posts vs 3XXX posts :o I think I'll just summarise your history as "The Meeting" Producer.

Anyway, point 1 is the number one most important thing they need to fix out of that list. PvE timing is the least important thing.

Meta shifts. Under Demiurge, meta shifted ~ once per year. A lot of players have lived and survived through various meta, including you. On top of that, a lot of players agreed that counter > nerf. There was even a survey on that in the past.

As for monetisation, BCS has already cheapen the cost of a lot of things in the game. How much should they price things so it isn't garbage? $5 or $10 for 20,000 HP?

Roster slot wise, players who hit 300 roster slots are receiving "net hp gain".
    Under Demiurge, monthly roster slot cost was 2000 x 2 = 4000 HP. Under BCS, it costs 1200 x 3 = 3600, or sometimes 2400.

Under Demiurge, feeders was always behind by more than 10 releases. Now, not only are we getting feeder for all releases, some are getting double feeders. I'm surprised you didn't get anything from shardmas because I don't see you being excited about that. Even those hardcore dev critics got moved by those shardmas, and you can't feel anything. Are you the zombie that you are referring? :o

As for inaccessibility for all new comers, I've seen this remark since I played this game in 2017. Some players have already grown their rosters much better than mine despite playing the game later than me.

After playing this game for over 5 years, and you're still mostly unhappy, then it's time to find another game.

• WeaponX092
    WeaponX092 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2023
    Options

BCS have been quite generous in several ways:

Free tokens for vaults for playing certain characters, 5* covers on boss events, slot cost reduced to 1200 hp after 300 slots, rebalances, double feeders, free costumes, retro rewards to mention a few.

The game has bugs and glitches, and the devs give us compensation rewards for such bugs, it's not all bad in MPQ, and as they commented in the thread, if you feel exhausted with the trajectory that BCS is giving to the game, leave the game.

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options

BC has indeed been generous as mentioned and most of the changes they've made are great. However it does certainly seem like it's been bugs galore with quite a few of the newer characters under their watch. I think most of us are fine and accept a game will have some bugs now and then. Although it would be great to get some communication from BC when players mention the various bugs occurring instead of silence in many cases.

Especially for very new releases either still in LLs or not yet released, where players are questioning if all these wacky complex abilities characters get these days are working as intended or not. For some it may change how many pulls they make for said character, if there's looming unanswered questions if an ability is bugged or working as intended.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That's why making sure characters' abilities work as intended/described is important.

• Nero
    Nero Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options

I'm fine with BCS, they do new things, experimentation, they're nice, generous and speak with the community.
    I dont like all their choice like complicated or non usable or god charachters. It's frustrating but i'm sure they will do something in the futur with new releases.

PS: I'm curious to see the support implementation in VS since i generaly only play this. ;)

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options

To answer the subject title, YES!

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,404 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MrPlow said:

Lets break something that wasn't broken.

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

Sure. They could add Supports to pvp.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dianetics said:

@MrPlow said:

Lets break something that wasn't broken.

This game has more breaks than Ross & Rachel when on a break!

• Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 699 Critical Contributor
    Options

Sure. Almost anything can be broken further.

• OGAlphateam
    OGAlphateam Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options

Darn, and I came to this thread looking for answers to the current boss event being broken. My bad.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Now now, Uncle Fight or Uncle Scofie will give ya a spankin' if ya don't play nice with each other!

If you are going to keep on insulting each other then at least let me pop out and get a beer, eh?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,129 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Please keep the subject on track. I've deleted the bickering posts and taken the appropriate action.

• MrDupaTM
    MrDupaTM Posts: 64 Match Maker
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    1) new characters released with powers that are either poorly described, implemented or - in some cases - not even functioning at all in certain scenarios.

Arcade, New Wasp, Chasm, Kang… fair.

2) store not updating once you get all content.

Like Hound, Idk what this means.

3) events late or not working as intended.

This is a pretty small gripe for me but for others I get it’s earth shattering. I actually like when they double up events more than when we miss, because I really like playing the game. But I know both can throw off peoples sense of normalcy.

4) zombie character requiring very specific strategies against rendering most characters completely useless even during their boost weeks.

Agreed. But they are keeping an eye on the meta. I was upset last event because the boost list was insane but the only thing I could queue worth points was Hulkchasm. Boosted Riri obviously took care of then easily (well I lost Kamala to opening cascades pretty much every turn and had to burn a health pack), But I’m so tired of facing the same Meta.

5) busted passives.

This was an issue before BCS

6) supports implementation.

We don’t even know how it’s going to work yet?

7) Chasm.

Yes. But that’s essentially point 4. Can’t use it twice (he does suck that much. So nevermind. I’ll allow it 😆)

8) monetisation scheme a complete garbage.

I’d argue this has gotten better under BCS.

9) roster slot cost.

Better under BCS.

10) iso-8 economy broken.

Same under BCS.

11) impossible to get into for newcomers.

I can’t speak to this as an 8-year vet.

12) piss-poor prizes in all of the events

This has gotten way better under BCS.

2) stores not allowing neither to reset nor using your pack live.

3) it’s not a massive gripe for me neither. I just felt I should add it as it is an error on the dev team side so I felt it fits.

5) this not being the new dev teams fault is irrelevant. It’s the state of the game, whose fault it is is absolutely secondary.

6) *current version of supports (I know the new team is really on it and I’m looking forward to seeing the results of their work).

8) it’s gotten better, still sucks. 50 usd don’t give you enough iso-8 to champ a 3 star. 50 usd is a price of an AAA game.

9) still terrible, and I’d argue it is actually worse now since new dev team releases new chars quicker (and add 3 stars). This surely is a problem for newer players, I’m not affected.

10) still terrible.

11) I’m not a newcomer neither, it’s easy to empathise though (see above)

12) it did get better but prizes are still piss poor given how time consuming the events are.

You seem to misunderstand my post, at no point I said I blame the new dev team for the state of the game, I don’t (I really enjoy their transparency and passion about implementing changes), I’m merely pointing out that some of us would rather have them focusing on fixing existing issues than releasing more characters (most of which being designed as zombie counters would be another issue for me).

Thank you for not telling me to find a different game and just actually engaging in a discussion rather than searching my comment history.

I still enjoy the game, even with all the flaws above. I just hope someday we can play the game enjoying ALL of the characters rather than just Chasm countering ones.

• DAZ0273
    Options

No. 2 Why would you be able to reset vaults that can't be reset?!l!

11) If you are not a newcomer how can you have this as a gripe?!?!?

12) Hilarious!

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 652 Critical Contributor
    Options

Something something chasm something something