Can you break the game even more?

MrDupaTM
MrDupaTM Posts: 64 Match Maker

Hey, dev team, I really wish you can focus on fixing the game rather than adding new characters.

1) new characters released with powers that are either poorly described, implemented or - in some cases - not even functioning at all in certain scenarios.
2) store not updating once you get all content.
3) events late or not working as intended.
4) zombie character requiring very specific strategies against rendering most characters completely useless even during their boost weeks.
5) busted passives.
6) supports implementation.
7) Chasm.
8) monetisation scheme a complete garbage.
9) roster slot cost.
10) iso-8 economy broken.
11) impossible to get into for newcomers.
12) piss-poor prizes in all of the events.

Comments

• Jezequel
    Jezequel Posts: 16 Just Dropped In

Constructive as always I see...

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker

Did they not already decrease the cost of roster spots after 300? What do you expect? You want to be able to add characters for free now or what?

And it seems like everyone on here seems to like to just poop on Hound in every thread he comments in but I agree with his assessment of OP’s post. And honestly, instead of just listing vague issues you have with the game just complaining it’d be a lot more constructive to provide solutions or what you’d like to happen in response instead of just, ‘Game broken. Devs fix it.’

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards

Maybe if you cry more, something will change.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards

11) The game has gotten a lot better to get into for newcomers: the Campaign gives a lot more rewards (especially HP and 2* covers), there are often free tokens to vaults with HP, 4* and 5* covers, Quests and DDQ provide more and better rewards...
    Yes, there are a lot of characters, but that's an issue for (almost) all players.

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor

Fixing Chasm's healing would be nice. Unless Broken Circle wants to let it stay broken thinking that will suffice instead of nerfing him.

• DarwinNunez
    DarwinNunez Posts: 6 Just Dropped In

Yeah you clearly have no idea what you're talking about if you think it's impossible for new players. It's only impossible for new players if they listen to the old players and follow their advice. Good luck grinding SCL2 for a year using doctor strange and never using any tokens while the rest of us are bodying your softcapped meta teams with the new broken characters on our speedrun to SCL10

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor

@DarwinNunez said:
    Yeah you clearly have no idea what you're talking about if you think it's impossible for new players. It's only impossible for new players if they listen to the old players and follow their advice. Good luck grinding SCL2 for a year using doctor strange and never using any tokens while the rest of us are bodying your softcapped meta teams with the new broken characters on our speedrun to SCL10

Hound Jr over here with the random players argument again.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,113 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm going to ask nicely that we stop generalising individual players and assuming their motivations.

Comment on the content of their posts by all means, but don't put generalised words into their mouth and then say that they're the wrong ones.

As for the opening post, I think I saw a thread or two about Chasm somewhere else... I don't think we're going to add anything new to that here, so great that it appears a couple of times on the list, but let's keep the discussion on the other elements if possible.

I'm pretty sure constructive feedback is well received so a bit more detail on why you think the Iso-8 economy is broken and what the issue with roster slot cost is, and a bit more about what stage of the game you're at and what your current challenges are might help put it in a bit of context.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2023

I think, the number 2, "store not updating..." is for the vaults you could not reset, some of which (or all of which? I forget) we were getting daily tokens for using certain characters for. So it was possible to buy a multi-pack with a decent discount daily and clear a vault early, to then get stuck waiting for the post event non-vault.

I guess the complaint is you couldn't clear out a very good vault (compared to some others in the game) multiple times?

• DarwinNunez
    DarwinNunez Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2023

Face it granddads. You spent ten years building a roster of 550s so you could crush any new players who dared to enter your little club. That roster is now effectively worthless unless it's their boost week. Did you really think you'd beaten the game and could sit pretty with your whopping $2 a month contribution to keeping the game alive? The last lot of devs took your money, said thanks and rode off into the sunset. The new devs have taken over and want more money and if you don't want to cough up then step aside and make way for the new generation who don't have an aneurysm every time there is a bug and are like 'thanks for all the compensation, is there any way i can buy some supports and maybe use them in PvP so i can make the veterans cry more?'. Pay to win doesn't have an endgame ****, welcome to capitalism.

Mod note - profanity removed. Warning issued for violation of Rule 6

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards

@Kolence said:
    I think, the number 2, "store not updating..." is for the vaults you could not reset, some of which (or all of which? I forget) we were getting daily tokens for using certain characters for. So it was possible to buy a multi-pack with a decent discount daily and clear a vault early, to then get stuck waiting for the post event non-vault.

I guess the complaint is you couldn't clear out a very good vault (compared to some others in the game) multiple times?

Every so often my "offers" tab only shows the set offers - that is to say the featured 4* this week and the one coming up. I think it has to do with a bad connection to the store, which is strange because everything else works. I also can't access the "Resources" Store, but I hardly ever do so it's not a big deal.

Possibly the OP is experiencing something like this. I find it's a sporadic issue, and if I really want to see the offers I reboot the game.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023

Looking at his posts, he started playing MPQ somewhere in early 2018, moved into 4* land somewhere in mid 2019. Majority of his posts since late 2018 is about his unhappiness with the "norm" of MPQ: timed pves, RNG in vaults or tokens, PvP mmr and current metas. He was complaining about Kitty/R4G back then and he's happy to see teams get nerfed when they hit a certain percentage of gameplay.

There were some positive posts about winning certain matches or using certain teams though.

Currently, he seems to be on a "rampage" about Chasm, where he was talking about Chasm in Clea and support thread. He has been playing for 5 years and it seems it's difficult to make him happy, given BCS's generosity. In the new support thread, he said MPQ has worsen under BCS. To quote:

"This game is in a terrible state, and even though it was really bad already when you took over it is currently worse than under previous dev team."

I can't imagine playing a game for close to 5 years where I dislike majority of the mechanics. I would have quit playing MPQ within 3 months if I were him.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards

Did I make this worse? Are we going to start digging through everyone's post history for disloyal takes now?

How on earth is "let's all assume good faith" a take that can make things worse?

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 693 Critical Contributor

@HoundofShadow said:
    Looking at his posts, he started playing MPQ somewhere in early 2018, moved into 4* land somewhere in mid 2019. Majority of his posts since late 2018 is about his unhappiness with the "norm" of MPQ: timed pves, RNG in vaults or tokens, PvP mmr and current metas. He was complaining about Kitty/R4G back then and he's happy to see teams get nerfed when they hit a certain percentage of gameplay.

There were some positive posts about winning certain matches or using certain teams though.

Currently, he seems to be on a "rampage" about Chasm, where he was talking about Chasm in Clea and support thread. He has been playing for 5 years and it seems it's difficult to make him happy, given BCS's generosity. In the new support thread, he said MPQ has worsen under BCS. To quote:

"This game is in a terrible state, and even though it was really bad already when you took over it is currently worse than under previous dev team."

I can't imagine playing a game for close to 5 years where I dislike majority of the mechanics. I would have quit playing MPQ within 3 months if I were him.

Agree. There's really only a few choices imo. If you're unhappy with the current state of the game, take a break. If you're unhappy with the new team(s) running the show, again take a break. Or what I did was pulled way back on spending money. I still spend, but not close to what it was. Time and money, how valuable are they to you? What it boils down to for me.