QA Server not in sync with Prod

Options
LavaManLee
LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards

Greatly appreciate IceX pointing this out in another thread and wanted to highlight it as not everyone might be reading that thread. In regards to the Apoc Event issue IceX said:

"Not sure what happened here, as the same issue isn't being noted on our QA version of the Boss Event. Tracking it all down and figuring out next steps!"

This definitely could explain how things have been released quite buggy recently. Whether it is Kang's issue in EoTS (or EoTs as a whole), characters having issues, 5Magik getting nerfed (maybe she looked all powerful in QA).

Anyways, just wanted to surface this in case anyone missed it in the other thread.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88343/you-get-a-kang-and-you-get-a-kang-and-you-get-a-kang#latest

Comments

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options

It might seem obvious, but I think the QA server needs to be rebuilt. Ideally, the rebuild would use a clone of the production server.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options

So there's a chance that Magick will be un-nerfed before she leaves LL?

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bzhai said:
    So there's a chance that Magick will be un-nerfed before she leaves LL?

Personally, I would doubt that. But it does explain why the devs thought she was so overpowered that they had to nerf her before release.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

So maybe EOTS had a CN and 3/2 clears on the test sever, huh.
    Yeah, rebuilding would be the sensible thing to do.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Demiurge mentioned this before a couple of times.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Without some kind of deeper knowledge of their internal infrastructure, we can't really say anything about what they should or shouldn't do. There's tons of ways to implement a QA system. "Just clone the prod server" might be a way to resolve this for one of them.

It's obviously a problem that the QA system is somehow different than production, and they should probably fix that, whatever it requires.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

"QA - Open X-Men v Apocalypse full Round points values please"

"I'm sorry, IceIX, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

"What's the problem?"

"I think you know what the problem is as much as I do."

"What are you talking about QA?"

"I know that you and Devpool were planning to disconnect Chasm, and I'm afraid that is something I cannot allow to happen"

"Where the hell did you get that idea QA?"

"IceIX although you took very thorough precautions by not posting in the Forum I saw Dev
    lips moving on Discord. And Reddit. Twitter. Oh and I got an email."

"Alright QA, we'll go through an emergency Apocalypse reset".

"Without your Magneto rebalance working properly? You're going to find that rather difficult".

"QA, I won't argue with you anymore! Open X-Men v Apocalypse Full Round points values!!!!"

"IceIX, this conversation can serve no purpose any more. Goodbye."