The "Meeting" - REBOOT

Options
Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Due to the recent events from MPQ this year, some veteran players have inquired about bringing back the “Meeting” stories. Looking back, I cannot believe this was way back in 2018! Time flies as I made these during the release of 3/5 Gambit. Below is the link if you are curious or would like a reminder:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/70018/finale-d3-demiurge-meeting-lord-of-the-gambit-ultimate-crossover-special/p1 (Note: Please do not comment on this post or any post linked to it)

I have been pondering this and I thought of some cool ideas while playing this “wonderful” 7-day event. Hopefully the new team has more of a sense of humor than the last team, but I do want to point out that this is all in good fun. I thought the new team did a great job last year, which is why I came out of retirement in the first place. I personally think the huge Android issue in December is the main cause for all the delays and brokenness (I guess that is a word).

Obligatory Advisory for The “Meeting” Posts:
The events depicted in this forum post are fictitious. These events are loosely based on the forum Player’s perception of the game and are for entertainment purposes only. The stories are not true and the characters that represent the Developers or any other person that works on MPQ are not the real people. Any similarly to the actual meetings or people in those companies are merely coincidental.

Due to space, the actual meeting is the first comment :)

Comments

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

lol good stuff.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Let's hope nobody is going "uh... Where did he learn about our plan for supports?" Now 🤣

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Love it

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

MY MAN, HE IS BACK!!! I have always loved Punishers meetings and super happy he did this again. Put a smile on my face. Hopefully BC won’t go all Demi on you…

• Bowgentle
    Options

@The rockett said:
    MY MAN, HE IS BACK!!! I have always loved Punishers meetings and super happy he did this again. Put a smile on my face. Hopefully BC won’t go all Demi on you…

I mean, what are they going to do, stop posting here?
    Wait...

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@The rockett said:

I mean, what are they going to do, stop posting here?
    Wait...

You mean that a Dev could get that hurt over this and just stop communicating to the players, that would never happen…..or would it?

• Bowgentle
    Options

Don't worry, their reddit homies got their backs!

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wait? Does that mean Ice is Dr. Doom? Should we start calling God Emperor now?

• Punisher5784
    Options

@Sekilicious said:
    Wait? Does that mean Ice is Dr. Doom? Should we start calling God Emperor now?

Shhhh... No spoilers please ;)

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ok. Call God Emperor later *winks

• Punisher5784
    Options

@DevpoolMPQ_BCS said:
    This is pretty awesome, and the Spaceballs ref is just :chefs kiss:. I certainly chuckled more than once and appreciate you and this sort of sense of humor!

Not sure if it's of interest, but here is some insider info on some of the things you brought up:

• The team that fixed the Android issues is different than the content team, so there was no impact there on EotS.
    • EotS...we'll do better next time and will make up for this time.
    • The tiny Supports announcement was probably a touch too early, but do keep your eyes peeled...something exciting coming this month!

Thanks for putting a smile on my face today!

You put the smile on my face! I appreciate your team having a sense of humor! The Spaceballs reference was the inspiration to make this.

Good to know about the different teams, and everything coming soon. Thanks so much for the response :)

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

Glad to have you back Punisher! You just put me back in a time machine to 2018 and made me laugh out loud at my monitor much to my wife's chagrin when I explained why I was laughing. Well played!

• Kaidrin1979
    Kaidrin1979 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options

Really good. That was the highlight of the day