Poll: Who is the Best Black Character?

Options
Color poll #4: Black

If you could pick characters for colors individually who would you choose for black?

- Your chosen character would be your only black ability for the battle
- This character would also control the tile damage for this color
- In this hypothetical you would have characters for the other colors, so if a support ability is what you consider the best for this color don't feel like it would go to waste

I have included select 2* abilities for this poll after OBW leading the votes for purple in the last poll. A character is the 3* version unless otherwise noted in the poll. You can vote for up to three characters for a broader view of opinions and feel free to give your full rankings below.

Link to the other color polls:
- Red http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10231
- Yellow http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9989
- Purple http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9561
- Green http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8953
- Blue http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9035
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Black Panther is basically a one ability character and he is still almost top tier off the strength of his black.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Samuel L Jackson
  • Unknown
    Options
    I expect BP to run away with this one. While it is indeed crazy overpowered, I honestly prefer Psylocke. Now that a lot more high HP characters have been added, Rage is unlikely to instantly down a team, and the downside can actually become relevant. If you consider PVE, this becomes even clearer; giving level 150 (or higher) Juggs 5 red AP is not a smart move.
  • Unknown
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I expect BP to run away with this one. While it is indeed crazy overpowered, I honestly prefer Psylocke. Now that a lot more high HP characters have been added, Rage is unlikely to instantly down a team, and the downside can actually become relevant. If you consider PVE, this becomes even clearer; giving level 150 (or higher) Juggs 5 red AP is not a smart move.
    That is why you wait until it will kill everyone to do it. Use other abilities to get them low, or save up for back to back rages.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't decide. There's a lot of black powers that I like and use on this list. You have a straight up damage dealers like Rage of the Panther, good attack tile creation from a lot of others, then you have the passives (Espionage, Anger, Healing & Heat), and Hood's Intimidation is useful when paired with the right teammates.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why can't I choose Falcon or Nick Fury? icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Why can't I choose Falcon or Nick Fury? icon_e_smile.gif

Oh you...

I really want to meme this, but I know it will get deleted.

My vote would be for Black Panther, he's my next project to get to 141 and is relatively balanced as a character. Psylocke has been great in the current PVE, but is more of a niche character.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think you mean best black ability because black panther is not the best character, there are many better than him. But since you said Character I voted for Daken. Could be hood. If its best ability then Rage of the Panther yes.
  • Knyghtmare
    Knyghtmare Posts: 71
    Options
    Also, since Black Panther will likely win, you probably shouldn't refer to the poll as the best black character. Not very PC icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    came in expecting falcon and fury as options and to be slightly annoyed as to why this was a poll (Samuel L. Fury...duh). You should probably change the title to "who has the best black ability" unless the confusion was intentional.

And my favorite Asian character is psylocke icon_twisted.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Knyghtmare wrote:
    Also, since Black Panther will likely win, you probably shouldn't refer to the poll as the best black character. Not very PC icon_e_smile.gif

I know, I saw it as I was typing the name and I wanted to keep all the color poll titles consistent. I was worried it was going to go the way of the "gender bias" topic but I hoped people would figure it out with the options and description right away. Interesting idea for a different type of topic though. Would Black Panther win both?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    I think you mean best black ability because black panther is not the best character, there are many better than him. But since you said Character I voted for Daken. Could be hood. If its best ability then Rage of the Panther yes.

You are right this is basically what it turned out to be. I was initially thinking of the polls as who is best at x color (which now that I type it would have been a better title), factoring in tile match strength for the color as well as ability after being annoyed with GSBW needing someone to get green for her and protect her on the colors she has strong tile points, but at this point it really is just best ability.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I know BP is good and Rage is crazy good but I'm going to have to go with Anger - it's a lot easier to try denying 12 AP than to either chip away at a character or take down 900 odd HP in one turn.

And I had to vote for Espionage just because it's amazingly good for a passive.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Juggs' strongest colour is green, so it's, uh, not as bad. Actually a lot of time the colour given to the enemy in PvE by Panther is either green (due to being strongest for a bunch of 1* and 2* dudes that scale better than 3*s) or purple (whatever, Moonie).

edit: dammit I want to vote for too many characters. Hood's black is pretty nice but could use a small buff I guess. BP, oBW and the Hulk it is then.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    Samuel L Jackson
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BP and hulk are a given. I'm surprised OBW isn't doing better though, she absolutely tears stuff apart in PvE with it and strikes
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    BP and hulk are a given. I'm surprised OBW isn't doing better though, she absolutely tears stuff apart in PvE with it and strikes
    Don''t forget the passive AP stealing too.