Advance shield expiration notice

MojoWild
MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
How about a 5 or 10 minute advance notification of a shield expiration, instead of (or in addition to by optional selection) the notice that the shield has expired. That way we can be ready to re-shield if desired instead of frantically trying to get back into the game to do it while exposed to attacks.

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like them to add the ability to extend a shield while it's still active.

If I have a shield that's expiring in a couple of hours and I'm not able to play at the time the shield expires (work, life, sleep, children, stuff like that), I sometimes don't want to attack anyone, especially when all I see are teams that my roster and my meagre skills can't beat. It would be really useful to either replace it with a new one starting now, or add the time to the end of the current shield. Either way, it still costs me HP.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I'd like them to add the ability to extend a shield while it's still active.

If I have a shield that's expiring in a couple of hours and I'm not able to play at the time the shield expires (work, life, sleep, children, stuff like that), I sometimes don't want to attack anyone, especially when all I see are teams that my roster and my meagre skills can't beat. It would be really useful to either replace it with a new one starting now, or add the time to the end of the current shield. Either way, it still costs me HP.

Yes, this too!
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    MojoWild wrote:
    How about a 5 or 10 minute advance notification of a shield expiration, instead of (or in addition to by optional selection) the notice that the shield has expired. That way we can be ready to re-shield if desired instead of frantically trying to get back into the game to do it while exposed to attacks.
    they should definitely do this.