Remind me again....

Options
djpt05
djpt05 Posts: 178
edited June 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Why I fight PvPs against players that are all 141 and the top 5 in my "bracket" don't have any characters above level 70 ?

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    You're just that good icon_cool.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Because the devs make more money off of those newer players having to purchase HP to afford the multiple cover slots they need to keep their new shiny prize.

You need to do your part and spend all your HP on shields, health packs and boosts in order to keep up. icon_e_wink.gif

-- // --

But seriously, it's better this way than the alternative. You don't want to be in a bracket full of veterans/people with your type of roster. The point inflation gets crazy as those kinds of people are very competitive.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pfff, if you're not losing a lot or perpetually raising shields so that you can't actually play the game then you're doing it wrong.

The instructions for this game clearly say that you should be spending 40% of your time suiciding your roster, 40% of your time shielding and 20% of your time actually trying to win matches (while losing more points than you can humanly gain at a certain point). Simples.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Pfff, if you're not losing a lot or perpetually raising shields so that you can't actually play the game then you're doing it wrong.

The instructions for this game clearly say that you should be spending 40% of your time suiciding your roster, 40% of your time shielding and 20% of your time actually trying to win matches (while losing more points than you can humanly gain at a certain point). Simples.
    Anecdotal counterpoint: running a max-3* team, I used no shields at all in the last PVP, hit 1000 points for the progression rewards, and finished at 912 for #11. That was pretty much perfect, since I didn't need Hood Y, was #21 in my Season bracket, and consequently, would rather the yellow cover go to a person who actually needed it. Note: I do tank.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HM : do you think tanking is a normal process ?
  • Unknown
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:

icon_e_smile.gif

I played a lots of games and I think that this is only one that when you loose you actually get rewarded for such process.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    I've been tanking for a while, so it's "normal" for me, but I do understand your point. Tanking shouldn't really exist as a viable way of gaining advantage, but as long as it does exist, I'll keep using it. icon_e_biggrin.gif

That said, always getting T10 or even T25 should similarly not be considered a "normal process." icon_e_wink.gif
  • Professa D
    Professa D Posts: 111
    Options
    But they sort of backed us into a corner by making us face 141x3 right off the bat for the same 25 points you can get from facing a post-tank team of lvl 10x3. Not to mention you can fly through matches about 100 times faster, collect more ISO/covers, lose zero to no health in the process, and race to the top of a late-joined bracket (since you presumably spent the first 48 hours of the pvp event tanking) without really needing a shield until you get to 900+.