MORE 2 STARS!!!

Options
The last two star character to come out is Ares what is going on? Instead of just retooling one stars into 3 how about we get some new two stars? I understand you guys are trying to make money but you will still make it no matter what. It doesn't make sense to just keep pumping out three stars especially when the probability of getting one is so low. I mean you could have easily made Falcon a two star and no one would have questioned it. These are my two cents thanks.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    That will be she hulk. She will be a lazy 2 star hulk...

just a joke. And wouldn't be a funny one if that really happens
  • Unknown
    Options
    lickfurjr wrote:
    That will be she hulk. She will be a lazy 2 star hulk...

just a joke. And wouldn't be a funny one if that really happens

Given her known colors, a lazy two star could be a reverse of the way they lazied up Daken's passive by changing it's color.
    Thunderous Clap - Same as Hulk's
    Smash - Same as Hulk's
    Lawyered - Passive: When damaged for more than 5% of her HP, stuns the target for 1 turn. "I find you in contempt!"
  • Unknown
    Options
    I agree with you, especially considering the numerous useless 2* covers that we continuously get...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would love to see more 2*. I don't know why there are so, so many more 3* than 2* (ok, I know, $$$). If they are any good, it would give some more variety to PVP also.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Maybe I'm wrong in thinking this, but it really doesn't make sense to me that there are more *3 than *2. How can that be (logically speaking, not logistically speaking) when the *3 are more rare than the *2?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Hmm, let's see... before the addition of Patch, Daredevil, Psylocke, Black Panther, lazyThor, lazyCap, Human Torch, Falcon, lazyDaken, the Sentry, lazyStorm we had indeed more 2* characters than 3* characters.
    Judging by the recent changes (giving out 1* and 2* covers like candy, goldifying 1* and 2* characters, making 3*s hard to obtain from packs), it looks like they won't ever add another 2* to the game. 3*s are where the money is at. The latest event which had mostly 2* characters (Dark Avengers-only 'Good is Bad') generated very little player activity and revenue for the devs as well (gee I wonder if Dark Avengers' general lameness had anything to do with that, too. There is Ares, and pre-nerf Daken was uber-annoying but that's it). Instead we now have more 3* DAs in lazyDaken and the Sentry.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I just wonder how noob guys can cope with so many 3* chars released...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Never going to happen. All their resources are tied to cranking out 3*s as fast as possible
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Lawyered - Passive: When damaged for more than 5% of her HP, stuns the target for 1 turn. "I find you in contempt!"
    That would actually be more powerful than Hulk's anger, imho...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Given her known colors, a lazy two star could be a reverse of the way they lazied up Daken's passive by changing it's color.
    Smash - Same as Hulk's

that would be a castrated hulk. totally she hulk
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Sweet, keep comparing female characters to their castrated male counterparts. Or go read what castration is, alternatively?
    Not a fan of She-Hulk, but not a fan of the Hulk either. We need strong female characters that are as tough on defense. At least for the above not to happen.
  • Unknown
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:

I'm not totally noob, around 90 days, and play quite a lot (more than casual I would say). I spend money to buy HP, only to open new slots (no shield). Now I have 40 slots, I only miss Fury and X-force wolvie. I'm too 'young' in the game to have seen a 2* released.

In general I place well in PvE, that's why I have all recent 3*. With lucky tokens, I have the other 3*. I have 50 3* covers. I think you need around 250 'good' covers to have all 3* builds.

But it is impossible for me to get the PvP 3* covers : i don't shield and i'm european player (the events end at 6 a.m.).

So, how I cope with 3* ? Simple : I don't care ! icon_redface.gif

For early player, the end-game (if there is any) is to have all the 3* builds (10/10 or 13/13 characters) and be a roXXor. (but 3* are released more often than you get enough iso to level up ...). SO : no end

For me : my goal is to have all 2* maxed, even if bagman is bad icon_e_biggrin.gif and it is needless to do this. And then I'll eventually stop playing when i'll be bored of always doing same events. I'm addicted to this game, but I don't see me playing 6 months only to have one 3* maxed. A game must be fun, not a like a job !!! I mean, it's OK if a game contain competition, but with a reachable goal ...

I'm closed to have all the 2* covers : I miss only 4 blue CapAm and bagman (I just start it). So, if there is a new 2*, i'll be happy !!!

(sorry, I do my own psychotherapy icon_e_confused.gif )
  • Unknown
    Options
    90 days is not being a noob.

I think you have seen the "Good" packs with guaranteed covers.

Are you part of an Alliance (you mention you're missing Fury) ?

I wonder if D3P could analyze that players were quitting after X days, and therefore, they would never max 3* characters. Something's puzzling here. Why release so many 3* characters that can't be maxed.

There aren't that many whales to buy all the ISO and covers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I started the mmo part of the game quite lately. I was thinking my 1* roster was too low to compete icon_lol.gif. And I didn't buy the packs when there was a guaranteed cover (and I surely don't buy now with no guarantee icon_e_biggrin.gif ).
    My alliance was 170th, but I don't care about fury.

For the players, the strategy of deploying so many 3* is totally stupid.

But D3 is now stuck in this spiral :

- A 2* (moreover a 1*) won't let them get money, because the 2* covers are raining. (and they can't stop giving random covers as rewards now). It's just player compliant, not the actual policy ...
    - make a 4 or 6 week break of releasing a 3* character ? New character acts like a sweet toward a dog ! Everyone complain on the forum with the frequency of release. Everyone is happy with the actual PvE because we can make a pause. But just let know a new über/fantastic/lazy/brand new 3* character is awarded and everyone grind like hell, playing until sickness !!!

For my part, I started playing MPQ when I stop smoking, and I spend 30 € to expand slot (with my starting savings on cigarettes). But I now feel like I've transfered my addiction and that D3 is my dealer. And I think it's the same for most of the veterans and not-so-casual players.
    How do you fell when you can't connect to the game ? How do you feel when there's a new character ? How do you fell when real life comes and prevent you to play the last day of the PvE you worked so hard and gives the new character ? Haven't you pretext you have things to do but played MPQ ?

So D3 have to propose new things. But a new kind of event needs imagination and work. A new 3* is easy, moreover when it's a lazy ...

For me, the next steps will be :
    - loss of 'old" players : not a problem while new players are still coming
    - then fewer new players coming because the game is too hard
    - D3 measure it
    - D3 start to release 4* characters and giving 3* like they do for 2* now. icon_arrow.gif players like me will continue to play with an other goal (have all 3* instead of 2*) and new players will think they can progress, and spend HP to open slots.
  • Unknown
    Options
    All I'm saying is release different rarities 1-4*. There are just too many 3* characters period.
  • Unknown
    Options
    zapzap : thing is, they will have to give out more ISO, otherwise it's useless. The main problem now to have a decent roster is not covers, it's ISO.

By next month (that's not so far), the amount of ISO needed to complete the full roster will be 6 Million... A good player can make 15k/day (if he plays like crazy). That's 400 days. More than a year.

In 400 days, they release 4 more 4* (at the current frequency) and 28 3*, that's another 7 Million so to say... It's never ending.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    zapzap : thing is, they will have to give out more ISO, otherwise it's useless. The main problem now to have a decent roster is not covers, it's ISO.

By next month (that's not so far), the amount of ISO needed to complete the full roster will be 6 Million... A good player can make 15k/day (if he plays like crazy). That's 400 days. More than a year.

In 400 days, they release 4 more 4* (at the current frequency) and 28 3*, that's another 7 Million so to say... It's never ending.
    Will you please stop assuming that everyone wants to max out his complete roster the moment a new character is released?
    Yes, I want to max out my chars, but no, I will not do it on day one.

It is completely feasible to have at least 10 141s without buying ISO.
    I'm sitting on 9, with the ISO to bring LazyCap and Falcon both to 141 once they have tourneys again.

Once you have at least 2 141s it's incredibly easy to rack up ISO through PVP, especially Lightning Rounds.
    You might try playing a PVP past 500 for a change, and participate in LRs, to see just how much ISO you can make in a week without spending money on it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    It's never ending.

That's the point icon_e_wink.gif

And the problem is not really that you never be able to have all full maxed characters. My goal is to max all the 2*, but how many of them will I really use/need ? OBW, Thor, Ares, and MMN, maybe cStorm (and daken as a starting 2*) ? I'm sure it's the same with 3*, you don't need to have the 20 at 141.

But don't forget it is :

- A CCG : no matter if it is useless, I NEED IT icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif (especially if it's brand new) This is the "Catch them all" syndrom
    - An online game : which mean players play it for social behavior (not so much for MPQ because the opponent is AI controlled) AND for continous update of content.

So D3 needs to give more content, which means more covers
    - 1* : I think it could be cool. But worthless for D3, and veteran could consider it as an insult.
    - 2* : would be very very appreciated, but D3 won't gain a cent by doing this.
    - 3* : players are ready to make a bloodbath and spend HP to expand roster, even if they'll never use the character. I really really dont care about moStorm, BUT if I don't get her, I won't be able to make essential nodes to get the next 3*. 3* i will really really dont care about, BUT ...

I totally agree that there is too many 3*, and that the frequency is damn too high, that we need 2* to reinvent the Ares/Thor/OBW strategy. But as a F2P, D3 care more about its own economics than player's desire. And who can blame ?
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Smash - Same as Hulk's

Surely that should be:

Thunderous Clap
    Smash
    Woman Scorned
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zapzap wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:

So, how I cope with 3* ? Simple : I don't care ! icon_redface.gif

For early player, the end-game (if there is any) is to have all the 3* builds (10/10 or 13/13 characters) and be a roXXor. (but 3* are released more often than you get enough iso to level up ...). SO : no end

For me : my goal is to have all 2* maxed, even if bagman is bad icon_e_biggrin.gif and it is needless to do this. And then I'll eventually stop playing when i'll be bored of always doing same events. I'm addicted to this game, but I don't see me playing 6 months only to have one 3* maxed. A game must be fun, not a like a job !!! I mean, it's OK if a game contain competition, but with a reachable goal ...

This is exactly my situation as well. Just about at 90 days, the first 30-45 I only played prologue. I have lucked into two 3*'s at 64, but I have thirteen under level 30 (three or less covers)! I haven't even gotten two of the newer 3*'s (Daken or Falcon, who I'll pick up in S3). It's near impossible to select PVP to specifically compete in, so I'm mostly counting on random covers -

With random covers and twenty-one three*'s to level, I've simply shrugged and determined their current game state to be impossible for new players to level 3* rosters. Like zapzap, my goal is to get my roster size big enough to carry every character, and then I'll max out the 2*'s and 1*'s and probably be done with the game.

D3, want some money from the newer players? The long-time players might pay for HP to get their 3* rosters covered, but the 2* players don't need to right now : I can't even GET the 3* covers to pay for maxing them if I wanted to! Instead, keep making 2*'s, because they'll have to pay early on to increase roster size. The long-time players either won't want to or won't need to make roster space for these, but it is the obvious path to 3* eventually. Folks will realize this, and realize they need the roster space to level whichever one they get the most covers for. (Want more money? Continue to pump the 2*'s primarily in PVE and throw in more 2*/1* tourneys, so even the vets will want to have roster space to accommodate them.)

I started when the 2* covers weren't flowing like mad, and felt lucky when random drops got my Hawkeye three covers above all my other characters. With twelve 2*'s and hoping for random pulls from tokens, it's tough to get any one to have enough covers! When the 2*'s became common, it was almost ridiculously easy to get them covered, but I'm still working on getting them all leveled.

That's my goal, all 2*'s maxed out eventually. Unless, as others have suggested, 3* becomes MUCH more common through tokens or drops: that's when I would try the late-game thing. The random nature of twenty-one characters needing thirteen different covers makes that 141/141 thing a distant dream, only possibly accomplished by dropping hundreds of dollars. Save that white whale for the 4* rosters. I'm sure your new user base will quickly realize the odds are to far against them with the number of 3* covers needed, versus the incredibly low 3* collection rate.

TL;DR : To many 3* covers, 2* should be the goal of newer players, 3* needs higher/faster drop rate and has to many characters already.