Absolute nonsense in PvP

Options
Every single battle is 212 thor and a decked out hulk, cmag or hood. How am I supposed to compete against that? I have 2 lvl 100 chars. And only one lvl 85... I'm emailing d3p and demanding an answer as to how I'm supposed to kill a team with 9k health over mine while to computer runs masterminded cascades on me.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    euphoria sorry that ur having a hard time right now. there comes a time in the game when u start getting matched up with the "big boys" and there isnt much u can do about it except to suck it up for a few tourneys and eventually you will adapt a strategy that allows you to compete. just about every player has gone through some form of this. it sucks, and you will probably suck for the next 3-4 pvps or so, but just stick with it and you will be regularly fighting 3x 141 teams with ease. also, try to hit the EVERY SINGLE LR as soon as it starts to grind ~2k iso from the seed teams each round. this can net u upwatds of 70K iso a week. 4 weeks of that and your roster will be the one that others are complaining about. icon_e_wink.gif

good luck. stick wih it. and have fun.

marc
  • Unknown
    Options
    djsquillz wrote:
    euphoria
    (...)

marc

Realy, "have fun"....? It's opposed to fun. I stoped playing PvP becouse of this nonsense. Now they only must totally screwed PvE and bye-bye MPQ.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First, finish maxing out a 2-star roster. Then, keep slowly building up your 3*'s. Having two characters at 100 already is pretty far. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Kiirnodel wrote:
    djsquillz wrote:
    euphoria
    (...)

marc

Realy, "have fun"....? It's opposed to fun. I stoped playing PvP becouse of this nonsense. Now they only must totally screwed PvE and bye-bye MPQ.

Kirrnodel. Perhaps you should have actually read the (...) Part. Your comments suggest that you didn't. There were some sound words of encouragement and advice in there. I too go through my ups and downs with mpq, but the fact that I dig this game and try to enjoy it ( even through the **** times) always pulls me through.

Marc
  • Unknown
    Options
    Fairness is a zero sum game. I had a string of 20 or so games where nobody besides the featured character was above level 85 in Lord of Thunder today, and to me that seems totally fair but if you ask the guy with IM35 + Modern BW that got demolished by my maxed out team you'd probably get a different response. Now it seems like I'm getting my usual 141X3 teams again, and that seems kind of unfair but if you ask the guys I stomped earlier they'd obviously think that is totally fair.

Oh and two hours later I found out I lost most of my points to guys with rating between 100-200. So, is that fair?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Fairness is a zero sum game. I had a string of 20 or so games where nobody besides the featured character was above level 85 in Lord of Thunder today, and to me that seems totally fair but if you ask the guy with IM35 + Modern BW that got demolished by my maxed out team you'd probably get a different response. Now it seems like I'm getting my usual 141X3 teams again, and that seems kind of unfair but if you ask the guys I stomped earlier they'd obviously think that is totally fair.

Oh and two hours later I found out I lost most of my points to guys with rating between 100-200. So, is that fair?

I had the same experience today. I had a run of about 220 points VS 2 lv 85 2*s and a loaner Fatthor. Stomped them unmercifully with a maxxed 3* squad...then lost about 120 of it in the next hour.

Mpq giveth...mpq taketh away

Marc
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    icon_e_sad.gif Haven't joined the PvP yet but thankfully I'm only after top 50 as I don't need the other rewards. I managed 900 in the previous one but I feel that I'm going to feel the MMR tomorrow when I join.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    3uphoria wrote:
    I'm emailing d3p and demanding an answer as to how I'm supposed to kill a team with 9k health over mine while to computer runs masterminded cascades on me.
    No need to email. Here's the answer: slowly, with OBW.
    Kiirnodel wrote:
    Realy, "have fun"....?
    Well, yes. Sane people play games for fun. I'm still enjoying PVP.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    3uphoria wrote:
    I'm emailing d3p and demanding an answer as to how I'm supposed to kill a team with 9k health over mine while to computer runs masterminded cascades on me.
    No need to email. Here's the answer: slowly, with OBW.
    Kiirnodel wrote:
    Realy, "have fun"....?
    Well, yes. Sane people play games for fun. I'm still enjoying PVP.
    Yeah, the pvp is certainly more fun and fairer than the PvE. A hell of a lot more rewarding with less grind too