What about CARNAGE?

Options
So I got to thinking about this recently, especially with the devastating nerf of Spider-Man, about introducing another character from the Spider-Man universe. I really hope the devs don't create a gold version of venom. I think he would be worthless (as we are seeing now with some other repeat characters IMO), so instead of doing that they should totally introduce Carnage.

I know the Nick Fury rewards will be the hot item (I'm making sure I get those too because he is going to be awesome), but if the devs are considering making a lazy Venom, they should just create a 4* Carnage instead. Make him so that he would have awesome synergy with the updated Spider-Man, but more offensively powerful to balance. I really think they should create him, because we need new characters and Carnage is one of the best villians IMO. We need a 4* villian too at some point.

What say you guys?

Comments

• rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    Why not balance existing characters, create new art for the lazies and introduce new powers and more variation. Seems like that would please folks far more than chasing after 13 more covers to complete.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rkd80 wrote:
    Why not balance existing characters, create new art for the lazies and introduce new powers and more variation. Seems like that would please folks far more than chasing after 13 more covers to complete.
    Not to be a downer here, but simply going off dev's actions of the past 2-3 months, I would say OP's suggestion is far more likely than your own. Pleasing folks isn't exactly what the devs are after, they're more for making money (it is their job after all). So, people chasing after 13 more covers is precisely what the devs want to encourage people to spend money on said covers.

Now I agree with you, I'd rather see them balance all the existing characters and "finish" them with 3rd abilities than release new character after new character, but it just doesn't seem like anywhere near the top of their priority list.
  • Unknown
    Options
    they'll get to em all. id be pleased if they totaled(13 covers) and made all current options viable for every encounter.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    People like Carnage? Or are we simply going off of the idea that he looks cool? Because he's pretty one-dimensional in the comics (yeah, I know, opinions and all that, but look around the internet and you'll a ton of comic sites bashing him. Strength in numbers!). If we get another Spidey villain, I vote for Doc Ock, Green Goblin, or Kraven. Maybe Mysterio. Just not Carnage.

On a related note, I wonder how many of us who play the game read comics. Probably not as many as I might think.
  • Unknown
    Options
    elusive wrote:
    People like Carnage? Or are we simply going off of the idea that he looks cool? Because he's pretty one-dimensional in the comics (yeah, I know, opinions and all that, but look around the internet and you'll a ton of comic sites bashing him. Strength in numbers!). If we get another Spidey villain, I vote for Doc Ock, Green Goblin, or Kraven. Maybe Mysterio. Just not Carnage.

On a related note, I wonder how many of us who play the game read comics. Probably not as many as I might think.

hey hey hey i look cool but that dont mean ****
  • Unknown
    Options
    My maximum carnage SNES disk is all red and that's all I need get eeeeeem in the gaaaAME
  • Unknown
    Options
    elusive wrote:

the only western comics i read is The Watchmen. lol. read lots of manga thou