Ability to Report Suspected Cheaters in Game

It would be helpfull to report cheaters from the game console. Sometimes I see imposible point scoring or players who have maxed out characters right after there release. I would like to be able to report these people in game possibly a button on the view roster icon. send a message to D3 and then let you guys investigate.

Comments

• More and more guys max a character right after release, and they are legit. I am one of them.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    arktos1971 wrote:
    More and more guys max a character right after release, and they are legit. I am one of them.
    Exactly. I can think of at least 5 guys off the top of my head that max every new character as soon as they are released. It's becoming more common and it will continue to. The real way to find a cheater is to look for people that make impossible jumps in PVP score over short periods of time. Players that make 200-300 point jumps in the time it takes to normally play 2-3 matches. Those are the ones that you need to report.

As for a button to report cheaters; there already is one. Go to the game's home screen and you'll see an envelope icon. Use it to send D3 an email about a suspected cheater. Please though just do it wisely because I'm sure it sucks being reported as a cheater when you're not.
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    More and more guys max a character right after release, and they are legit. I am one of them.
    Exactly. I can think of at least 5 guys off the top of my head that max every new character as soon as they are released. It's becoming more common and it will continue to. The real way to find a cheater is to look for people that make impossible jumps in PVP score over short periods of time. Players that make 200-300 point jumps in the time it takes to normally play 2-3 matches. Those are the ones that you need to report.

As for a button to report cheaters; there already is one. Go to the game's home screen and you'll see an envelope icon. Use it to send D3 an email about a suspected cheater. Please though just do it wisely because I'm sure it sucks being reported as a cheater when you're not.

That's one of the reasons I have not leveled IW yet. I don't need some sore loser whining about me as an "totes cheatx0r obvs" after spending more than half a year building my roster legitimately.

Giving irrational people the option to accuse you with the click of a button when they are at the height of their frustration does not sound like a good idea.
  • That's one of the reasons I have not leveled IW yet. I don't need some sore loser whining about me as an "totes cheatx0r obvs" after spending more than half a year building my roster legitimately.

Giving irrational people the option to accuse you with the click of a button when they are at the height of their frustration does not sound like a good idea.

Actually, it should make no difference if an irrational person reported you for having a new character maxed. It should be easy enough to check that it was legitimate. If it was done correctly you would never even know. The only reasons I can think of to even worry about it is if you are cheating or that D3 would screw up the implementing it.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boomer69 wrote:
    The only reasons I can think of to even worry about it is if you are cheating or that D3 would screw up the implementing it.
    They've actually screwed up more than once.