Changelist: MPQ 2015!

Alright so after a lot of **** about almost EVERYTHING in the game i've been thinking about NOT **** and actually propose things to improve onto the game, given i'm not hardcore and i'm still transitioning to 3* but i think i have enough vision of where the game should go.

Without further ado here goes:

- Add the ability to grind covers / packs: This means give me the ability to UPGRADE covers of abilities I ALREADY HAVE, and let me buy packs all with ISO.
Guidelines:
1) You won't be able to upgrade a character directly if you don't have one, you can grind to open a character pack with ISO and hope you get one, maybe add brackets for characters since that Heroic pack is kinda bad already, give us more buying options, let's say 20k for a 2* random pack 50* for a random 3*? (this is an example)
2) Once you have a character cover, let me upgrade THAT ability with ISO, i'm not saying you can unlock an ability, if it's 0 you still need to get the cover, but after that, give me the choice to use ISO to upgrade it, maybe 10k for 2* characters and 30k for 3* characters per level?

- Rewards revamp: Sure this previous PvE had decent and reachable rewards but there was nothing to do after reaching 25k, and some rewards in PvP are not appealing for some people who already are at the 3* tier, therefore i would suggest adding optional rewards when a "reward tier" is reached.
Guidelines:
1) Selectable Reward tiers: Give us the ability to choose wether we want what is featured or we can change it to something else, maybe i don't want a standard recruit token because i'm farmin ISO, or maybe i would give away the featured 2* character to get 25hp when i reach 600
2) Unlimited Reward tiers: In this PvE most of us greatly exceeded the 25k barrier, while it was cool and doable for almost everyone and the reward was very well thought because it lined up with event requirements, we had nothing to do afterwards in terms of rewards; therefore i would add even a small reward every certain amount of additional points are earned, for example, give me 500 iso everytime i get 5k points AFTER the 25k barrier maybe, you don't need to make a bigger list, just point out that every 5k points afterward you'll get the same, this can work in PvP too.

- PvP Revamp: Well we got to the best part, and the longest, here goes:
1) Make different brackets with different rewards for every type of hero, make a 1* bracket, a 2* bracket and a 3* (and beyond maybe) bracket, that way 1* characters are still usable, heck you can even make Yelena a featured character so this "SHE'S THE MOST USELESS CHARACTER IN THE GAME" statement can go to the sink. With this you also give the ability to new players to be somehow competitive, and veterans can join their 3* bracket without problem, alliances can recruit low level players so they can join this bracket and still contribute towards season score for them.
2) Make a little menu where i can choose my defending team for that event: This is straight forward and will clarify a lot of doubts when it comes to defending.
3) Change combat so it doesn't reward/punish AI: This is the most complicated part. Points, MMR, ELO, everything along those lines MUST NOT! READ IT LOUDLY! MUST NOT! be modified because the AI won or lost a match, it doesn't make sense, it leaves real player ability aside, the AI is increbily dumb and forgiving, however we understand that it's needed, a realtime 3match game would be boring and slow, so here's how I think the PvP should go:
New PvP Match Flow:

Player A attacks Player B, there is a wager of 30 points (not necesarily deducted from their points)

Player A wins - Then he gets 15 points out of the points wager (NOT DEDUCTED FROM Player B)
Player B gets a retaliation chance within a time frame, let's say 2 hours.
Player B plays for a 15 + a bonus (this way we encourage retaliation); let's say 15+5 points (again these points are not deducted from A)
If Player B wins he gets 20 points, so the total would be 15 points for A and 20 points for B
If Player B loses then points are deducted from his pool and A gets a total of 30 points
If player B doesn't retaliate for that time frame it counts as forfeit, giving A the rest of the points for a total of 30
Forfeiting the retaliation doesn't deduct points from B either.

If Player A loses then points (15) gets deducted from him directly to B, the rest of the flow keeps the same as the previous steps.
If player B loses the retaliation then both players end with 15 points evenly anyways

Also the fact that points shouldn't be deducted from the player whose AI loses it's mostly because the attacking player can use boosts, the AI doesn't

That's it for now, anything else i'll update this same post, please keep it civil and give opinions.

Comments

• Please read this, I think everything he said is spot on and will grealy improve MPQ both in fairness and fun factor.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Add the ability to grind covers / packs: This means give me the ability to UPGRADE covers of abilities I ALREADY HAVE

I've advocated this for a long time now. The ability to (minimally) add damage/hp to existing characters would reinvigorate older players to earn all the rewards and also help add more diversity among opponents if players had a host of 1 star or 2 star characters that are now beefed up.

Although, it appears the "lazy' characters dash any hopes of this happening. The devs would rather just slap a new coat of paint on old characters and treat them as new.
  • Although, it appears the "lazy' characters dash any hopes of this happening. The devs would rather just slap a new coat of paint on old characters and treat them as new.

This wouldn't be necessarily bad if my "multi bracket" idea gets implemented, you can't use your LThor in the 2* bracket.
  • I'd consider moving or copying this thread to the "Suggestions and Feedback" section as well. It might get lost under this "General Discussion" section. I'm sure there'll be more comments coming so kudos to you and hopefully you do keep this updated.
  • I would agree with everything in the initial post! As the game is now, it is useless to those of us wanting to get our skill cards by way of drawing them from tokens at the minimal drop rate. I do not care what level one is. 0ver 75 tokens and not a usable one for my roster. If the only way to upgrade a character is by buying skill cards, why bother when one has already spent $1500. The tokens are nothing but a nuisance at this point.
  • BUMP! It deserves it!