Please D3, just scrap the whole idea of "competitive PVE"

Yes, I am asking this. I agree that developing arcane complex forumulae for weird balancing of rubberbanding, scaling, whatever other hidden stuff is really fun on the dev side, but it translates in a really sorry and ufair mess to the players.
You should cheer for player's fun, not your own. It's in your interest, I think?

You can have enough competition in pvp. Maybe make more elite tourneys, dunno.

But please just abandon the whole idea of competitive pve.
My idea is to make pve events with various difficulties that have extreme challenges on the high end, and where levels are the same for everyone, and there are no scoreboards, no points, just consequent nodes. The event is like 3 days long, you only need each node once or thrice, and can play whenever you want without any difference, all in one run or not.
Make covers a mid-high difficulty reward, so that those who are supposed to make use of them can get a shot, and be pleased at succeeding, and large iso prizes for the extreme difficulties, let everyone play for what they want, instead of forcing everyone into nerve wracking, suicide inducing, enragingly ruled, mindless grinds.

Maybe less veteran players will quit. At the high end of the calendar, I can assure the playerbase is bleeding hard. But hey, you can check yourself from the metrics. What metrics can't tell, is our mood, if we are happy or feel vexed. But you can guess icon_e_wink.gif

Comments

• Maestro145
    Maestro145 Posts: 58
    I hate waking up at 4-5am to finish pve.

Make at least less rubberbanding. 6h sleeping causes -100 in rank.

And it would be very nice to have pve less time dependent...
  • I'd love to see some non-competitive PvE where the rewards are based solely on progression, and it's been a requested feature for a long time. Unfortunately, D3 just seem completely uninterested in doing it. They don't listen to their playerbase in the slightest. They look at their metrics to guide their decisions. Unfortunately, statistics can be spun in a number of ways, and D3 often use their metrics to justify changing something which didn't need changing in the first place, and that the playerbase has all reacted badly to (such as the removal of the guaranteed character from the event 10 packs).

D3 don't care about us. They don't care about our feelings, or our enjoyment. They don't care about how much we moan about things that need changing. They don't care that they release updates that screw with PvE scaling 2 days before the end of an event. They don't care that their loyal customers feel cheated because they were scaled out of competing. They don't care that their non-US players feel like 2nd class citizens because of the difficulties we have winning awards in tournaments that finish at 5am. They care about our money, and how much of it they can get. That's it.
  • I just blew 30+ hours on this PvE event, incurring wife aggro and playing consistently every 2hr45m to get each node at full value. I went to bed at #1 in my bracket by 1500 points with an hour to go in the event.

Finished 56th.

**** this game, **** rubberbanding, and **** this 'competition'. I spent less time and energy and scheduling when I raided for WoW. I'm out.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree, the rubberbanding on this one was especially egregious. I could've sworn reading in some thread that even with rubberbanding, the advantage still belongs to the player who plays more, ie hits more refreshes at the right time. That definitely wasn't the case in this event.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    I agree, the rubberbanding on this one was especially egregious. I could've sworn reading in some thread that even with rubberbanding, the advantage still belongs to the player who plays more, ie hits more refreshes at the right time. That definitely wasn't the case in this event.
    Oh, but it was. It's just that "the right time" in these PVEs always means "the last 60 minutes".
  • It will never happen because their entire MO is to push you up against the paywall as much as possible.

If you're not feeling the pressure to do well to win the reward, you'll never spend money on health packs, tokens or boosts. At least, that's my interpretation of their thinking.
  • I just blew 30+ hours on this PvE event, incurring wife aggro and playing consistently every 2hr45m to get each node at full value. I went to bed at #1 in my bracket by 1500 points with an hour to go in the event.

Finished 56th.

tinykitty this game, tinykitty rubberbanding, and tinykitty this 'competition'. I spent less time and energy and scheduling when I raided for WoW. I'm out.

Funnily enough my wife compared MPQ to my WoW raiding days last night, and also pointed out that even WoW didn't make me get up at 4am in the morning if I wanted to be competitive.

Rubberbanding is the spawn of satan and should only appear in console racing games, and even then it's pretty ****. I was in the same situation as you for this event but stayed on grinding until the end of the event to maintain my position, even though it meant disrupting both mine and my wife's sleep and getting no more than 3 hours total sleep yesterday.

GOD DAMN IT DEMIURGE - YOU'VE GOT A GREAT GAME HERE, STOP **** IT UP!