PVE Rubberbanding system flawed

So went to bed with 8 hours left from TaT. As an EU player, I refuse to get up 4/5 am on a workday because of a game.

I was #24th in main at that point with 116k points.
I woke up 2 minutes before the end by accident to see I finished #202.

Current system is seriously flawed when it comes to PVE. If I am constantly top 10 (!) during the 5 days, explain to me how it makes sense to get pushed out to top 200 (!) in the last 8 hours.

Comments

• Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Missed final refresh due to alarm clock not going off. Dropped from second place in my main to top 200 because of that. And I was in that second place 3 hours before the end.

Great to know that 6 days of play can be invalidated by not being able to play right before event end. Fix your gorram scoring system, D3, unless you consider this 'working as intended.'
  • I'm not saying it is fair, but if you don't play a PvP(unless you shield) or a PvE for the last 8 hours you are not likely to be top 200 unless you just had an enormous lead. I actually don't think it is so much the scoring system as the refresh timer on the nodes. 8 hours = 2 full and one partial refresh. I would be surprised if they made it longer though because they want people playing more not less.
  • Boomer69 wrote:
    I actually don't think it is so much the scoring system as the refresh timer on the nodes.

Anytime there an event with lots of main nodes with rubber banding you have this problem. Anything but the last 24 Hours of the event means nothing but lost ISO and more lvl scaling. In the events which had no main nodes and rubber banding of the subs the leaders can build up cushion which is much harder to claw back. In these events I been able to get away with only doing 1 or 2 nodes in the final run because there no way people to claw back those 5K-10K points in the final sub.

Take this event I think my total score was around 147-148K of which I scored a totals between 6-10K pre sub depending on values compared to the main nodes. The 10K from the first sub gotten back by doing the 2000 point main nodes a couple of times.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Missed final refresh due to alarm clock not going off. Dropped from second place in my main to top 200 because of that. And I was in that second place 3 hours before the end.

Great to know that 6 days of play can be invalidated by not being able to play right before event end. Fix your gorram scoring system, D3, unless you consider this 'working as intended.'

Totally agree !!! I played 4 - 5 hours a day for all duration of this TaT event. Even my GF played when she had time. I was 12th, byt finished up to 200th. And I even get up at 05.00 am because of this.
    Devs, 15 second of ,,fixing" this issue - rotating end times, or separately US and EU brackets !!!
  • This event was a real lesson for me. I ended up doing well, but only because I put stupid amounts of effort into it and gave up sleep in favour of playing the final few hours.

I'll just repeat that again to myself - I had to give up sleeping in order to keep a decent rank.

Even little old easily addicted me can now appreciate that this isn't healthy or reasonable behaviour for anyone. Demiurge/D3 - please make this 4am to 6am PvE necessity for EU players a thing of the past. We've had enough.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was 1st and 2nd in my main for the whole event until Sunday night when I ended up not being able to play at all for a few days. I dropped hard on Monday and Tuesday day an was really far back (like 300+ I think) when I finally got a chance to play in the last few hours. I cleared just the two highest value nodes in the main 3 times each and ended up in the top 40. By the time I was done grinding out nodes in the main I was Top 20. I finished top 3.

Yes this is a broken system.

Yes they need to fix it.

A better solution would be to shorten the event.

An even better one would be to run multiple concurrent events (like heroic) with one having the new cover as a reward and lasting 4.5 - 6 days the others having an older cover as a reward and lasting 1-2 days.