Couple of Suggestions

Greetings, everyone.

I'm not very active in the forum, as you can tell from my post count, and I don't even lurk, so I apologise in advance if some of these ideas have already been discussed.

I've been **** and moaning about the changes in the game to myself for the past few weeks and I decided to say something about it. I'm actually very close to quitting the game, since it mostly frustrates me these days. So, if I go, at least I spoke my mind.

My first suggestion/complaint is for PvP. I don't know if the same is happening to anyone else, but according to chatter on my alliance, I'm the only one. Most people complain about the death brackets and whatnot, and having to score 900+ and shield in order to win a 3* star cover. I wish I could complain about that. You see, and this only started happening in season 2, every single team I face has a 141. Most of the times, it has 2. And the boosted featured character. The problem with that? I don't have a single character above 90. I went from 700 points per PvP to not even reaching 300 in most of them. I don't know how I got stranded in this situation. I never won a PvP before this. I don't place high. At all. I finished last season just south of 10k points. This season I don't even have 4k with 4 days left to go.
My suggestion is to group players in a pool according to average roster level. You already group them anyway, so at least make it fair. I'm not even talking about the brackets, just the opponent pool. If my average roster score is around 80, I should only face teams with the same levels. Sure, there are ways to counter that. Let's say you have three 141 and the rest of your roster is all 30's, 15's, 6's and 1's. You would have an unfair advantage. But, as I'm sure every character already has a unique ID in the database, make each character only count once. And the unique ID that counts is the highest leveled one. That would stop people from expanding the roster and only have countless level 1's across the board. If they wanted to try it, let them. They just bought Hero Points to expand the roster and you're laughing all the way to the bank.
This average roster score could have a cool name and even be displayed in our profile, like Combat Rating or something like that.
As of right now, PvP is completely unplayable to me and others in my situation. If season 3 continues like this, i guarantee you won't see me during season 4 or any other thereafter.

My second suggestion comes directly from a way to cancel the exploit to have a low average roster level. Like you already do with Heroic Mode, when you force people to play with only 8 chars, do the same during reruns of episodic events (when the episode is new, this restriction does not apply). Instead of 8, increase to 16. Change those 16 from event to event or even from round to round. Force players to have a balanced and diversed roster.
Of course, new players could get **** with this change due to lack of characters. So have loaner heroes. If a player has less than half the heroes featured, let him chose any of the missing ones until he has 8 of them. Make the level of the loaner be the average roster level of the featured heroes. That way players can play as different characters regularly and motivate them to get those heroes for themselves.

Which brings me to my third suggestion. Make the episodic tokens meaningful. Unless I'm the most unlucky player in this game, I haven't received a single 3* from more than 50 event tokens these past weeks. I think I got a Daken, but I might have dreamt that and convinced myself it actually happened.
Make only the featured heroes of that particular PvE available in the token. Higher chance of getting a 1* or 2* hero, but the same goes for the 3* and 4*'s.

While on the subject of PvE... Stop rubberbanding! The Sentry episode was good. You evidently want people to grind, otherwise you wouldn't have integrated a timer in the newest update. So, please, stop the rubberbanding. While I do think 2h30 per refresh is absolutely insane (even though it's not exactly true), I also think that it's insane that a player that started Monday already has more points than me when I started last week. I'm hardly a top level player, but stil... During Daken, due to rubberbanding, I went from rank 12 to rank 200+ in the last two hours of the event. With Sentry, without rubberbanding, I finished top 20. This event, again with rubberbanding, I'm in the 200's. I don't think it's a coincidence, it's people exploiting a very obvious flaw.

And my last suggestion goes to PvE as well. If you already have alliances competing in PvE for rewards... make the score system a part of the Season! It's another absolutely insane thing. If we are competing, make it count. The only thing that makes me think you won't do it is it would deflate the sales of HP for shields in PvP.
Increase the points for the rewards, adjust the points from each node, hell, even get rid of the season long simulator. PvE is the redheaded stepson, even though I'm sure there are a vast amount of people playing that and not PvP.
If you don't want to mix those, make two separate seasons with separate leaderboards and rewards. One for PvP and the other for PvE. Solo Adventures and Team Adventures.

Anyway, those where my thoughts. This game is always flutuacting in terms of quality. Some changes suck, others improve the game. But you have a unique factor in the Marvel Universe. Don't waste that. Otherwise, we could all play Candy Crush.