So the AI still cheats...

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Man record your matches or something! I have never seen anything like this.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Those phone calls you get, but no one's there... you know which ones i mean...

Thats Demiurge_Will, checking to see if you're there. While you're busy on the phone, electroblast is coding a ninja update for next PVE, and IceIX is earning extra cash posting spam on d3pforums.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've never seen anything like this. Occasionally I get surprised and realise "oh yeah, when they made that match 4 it dropped in a column of like 7 purples for a split second earlier, so they were just a purple match away from a Magnetic Translocation" but certainly not the AI getting to pull The Best There Is or Call of The Storm with nothing. I call either **** or failure to pay attention to things like the jungle ability and rows being detonated during cascades.
  • Unknown
    Options
    i also get CoS'ed sometimes when the ai doesn't have enough ap.

as well, it's annoying when the ai can make a match knowing the FUTURE gems that will appear, using it to cascade. you can see sometimes the ai will make a match that it normally wouldn't make or avoid making a match it would usually make to make another "odd" match to get a future gem cascade. i'm all for the ai using existing gems to create cascades, but it's just annoying and completely unfair when it can make matches to use gems that aren't even on the board yet.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Your playstyle is the determining factor whether the AI is able to collect huge amounts of AP from huge cascades.

It is important to pay attention to the number of tiles for each color on the board. If you aren't collecting certain colors the AI will. The saturation of these colors trigger cascades. There are enough tiles in play for an average of 9 tiles per color, plus one other. If there are 7 of four colors, that leaves 12 each for the remainder. The odds of matching those colors is more than doubled. You might not want those city tiles, but the AI does.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    Your playstyle is the determining factor whether the AI is able to collect huge amounts of AP from huge cascades.

It is important to pay attention to the number of tiles for each color on the board. If you aren't collecting certain colors the AI will. The saturation of these colors trigger cascades. There are enough tiles in play for an average of 9 tiles per color, plus one other. If there are 7 of four colors, that leaves 12 each for the remainder. The odds of matching those colors is more than doubled. You might not want those city tiles, but the AI does.

i'm not talking about the cascades that a user can prevent. i'm talking about how the ai knows the FUTURE gems that will appear and from time to time will blatantly exploit it. as i said, sometimes if you watch carefully the ai will avoid a move it would normally make to make a seemingly random move that will result in a cascade from gems that are not even on the board yet. that is 100% unavoidable and extremely annoying.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's not just the Mags tourney. Happened to me with TaT especially Ares' Sunder. Though on mobile I do check how many yellow matches the AI makes and how many the goon feeds him... Sometimes the AI just get extra yellow from thin air. icon_e_sad.gif
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I thought it was just me, but I've seen similarly sketchy behavior in the PVE. I've had at least three different fights where enemy Ares uses Onslaught-Sunder-Onslaught when I thought I knew that the AI had less than 6 green AP and only 6 yellow AP. (The node had no goons)

Being on mobile, with no AP display constantly onscreen, I dismissed it as an egregious counting error on my part, but now... hmmmm

That said, I've definitely had a couple of instances where a big cascade gave me enough for double-CTS afterwards.

Edit: typo.
  • kensterr
    Options
    It is within the realm of possibility that the devs introduced a new Sunder bug while ridding of his Sunder countdown tile bug.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I just had 2 sunders in a row, without a cascade in between (or the turn immediately before it). Now even with the goon providing yellow, and assuming he made a yellow match...I dunno how much he started with, but I don't see how he could have gotten an additional 10 yellow AP during that turn
  • kensterr
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Yeah, I just had 2 sunders in a row, without a cascade in between (or the turn immediately before it). Now even with the goon providing yellow, and assuming he made a yellow match...I dunno how much he started with, but I don't see how he could have gotten an additional 10 yellow AP during that turn
    Maybe it's "working as intended"... to make people buy health packs! icon_twisted.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Its cuz the hood is hidden 4th man in lineup. He's wearin invis cloak.

I might believe behavior added to increase difficulty. I do have a hard time believing it's been implemented in the manner that is being reported.

On that note, i might have to keep a close eye on enemy for peculiar behavior. Notwithstanding having had great cascades, i have trouble accumulating AP for abilities, especially in PVE. maybe they borked the game and AI is getting unearned AP, while we are left without AP.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I just had Ares hit me with Sunder unexpectedly, but he had a Muscle, so it's alright (as much as providing enemies with AP feeds is anyway).
  • Unknown
    Options
    I just had Juggernaut headbutt me on the first turn. The. First. Turn. No generators, it was all Dark Avengers. No match 5, go again. Just me hitting them with a color match and then BAM! Headbutt!

Don't tell me that the AI doesn't cheat.
  • kensterr
    Options
    Punisher molotoved me at the second turn in the Mags tourney.. I swore that OBW only made a black match 4 on the first turn.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I also noticed that powers that cost us, DO NOT cost the AI.

Example, Human Torchs green powers cost 1 green AP every turn, but not for the AI. I noticed that it did the same damage EVERY TIME. And the AP amount stayed the same, unless it magically went up. So why doesn't it cost the AI if it costs us?
    Was a goon generating green?
  • Dayv
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    Its cuz the hood is hidden 4th man in lineup. He's wearin invis cloak.
    Yo dawg, I heard you like cloaks, so I put a cloak on your cloak.
  • Dayv
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    Punisher molotoved me at the second turn in the Mags tourney.. I swore that OBW only made a black match 4 on the first turn.
    And stole one black from you, while also smashing a black somewhere else on the line?

I'm not saying it's impossible this is a bug, but I'm pretty skeptical.
  • Unknown
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Under-the-covers AP cost reduction is not the only way the AI cheats; just had an enemy Ares get 4 green AP out of a single match-3 in the TaT PvE event.

In PVE: The goons paired with Ares have a tendency to feed yellow and green Ap each turn, so the AI matches 3 green but gets 4 green 1 blue or yellow

Same thing with that iron man magneto fight in the sub node - the maggia don was feeding them blue and yellow each turn leading to tons of defense tiles

So the AI cheats by getting extra Ap from matching/cascades added to the goon auto generating AP each turn their alive
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Red Panda wrote:
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Under-the-covers AP cost reduction is not the only way the AI cheats; just had an enemy Ares get 4 green AP out of a single match-3 in the TaT PvE event.

In PVE: The goons paired with Ares have a tendency to feed yellow and green Ap each turn, so the AI matches 3 green but gets 4 green 1 blue or yellow

Same thing with that iron man magneto fight in the sub node - the maggia don was feeding them blue and yellow each turn leading to tons of defense tiles

So the AI cheats by getting extra Ap from matching/cascades added to the goon auto generating AP each turn their alive

Not the case here. Ares gained 4 green AP from a single match-3 without a live goon present and without Hood present to auto-steal.