What does +150% mean in the tournament?

What exactly is raised by 150%? Sorry if it is a dumb question but don't get it.

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Color strengths and ability attack power are both raised by the listed percentage.
  • Thanks for the info! Does the percentage apply just for that hero's tiles? If not then does it stack if you have 2 in your party with bonuses?
  • IceIX
    Just that hero's tiles.

For example: Captain America has a base Yellow Color strength of 6. With a 150% boost, when in battle, he'll have a 15 color strength (+150% means total strength is 250%. 2.5x6 = 15)
  • IceIX wrote:
    Just that hero's tiles.

For example: Captain America has a base Yellow Color strength of 6. With a 150% boost, when in battle, he'll have a 15 color strength (+150% means total strength is 250%. 2.5x6 = 15)

Are the calculations really that simple? Or is there more to them?

Here are stats for my Hawkeye (Classic) lvl 32.

Basic/outside tournament: 13/15/ 5/ 4/16/ 5
    Actual dmg in tournament: 30/35/10/ 9/39/11
    Expected dmg /Basic x2.5: 33/38/13/10/40/13

As you can see expected damage differs from actual one. In addition, I can't find a theoretical bonus that would give actual damage on all 6 colors at the same time.
  • IceIX
    Shikao wrote:
    Here are stats for my Hawkeye (Classic) lvl 32.

Expected dmg /Basic x2.5: 33/38/13/10/40/13

As you can see expected damage differs from actual one. In addition, I can't find a theoretical bonus that would give actual damage on all 6 colors at the same time.

Sigh. I apologize. This is what I get for doing my secondary fact checking on a pre-release build instead of the Live version.

What I stated above *should* be the case. There's a bug currently in Live that is throwing the numbers off and showing exactly what you're seeing. What's happening now is that it's BaseColorStrength-1*Multiplier:

Modified w cur calculation: 12/14/ 4/ 3/15/ 4

The Green, Purple, and Black Color strengths are +/- 1 because the actual color strengths aren't whole numbers, they're rounded. That 3 is more like 3.6 which is then 3.6+3.6+1.8=9

So, yes, you're absolutely correct. And this bug is most definitely a known issue that will be fixed, but I'm unsure if it'll make it into R40.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Sigh. I apologize. This is what I get for doing my secondary fact checking on a pre-release build instead of the Live version.

Just proves you are a human =]
    IceIX wrote:
    What I stated above *should* be the case. There's a bug currently in Live that is throwing the numbers off and showing exactly what you're seeing. What's happening now is that it's BaseColorStrength-1*Multiplier:

Modified w cur calculation: 12/14/ 4/ 3/15/ 4

The Green, Purple, and Black Color strengths are +/- 1 because the actual color strengths aren't whole numbers, they're rounded. That 3 is more like 3.6 which is then 3.6+3.6+1.8=9

That makes sense now.
    IceIX wrote:
    So, yes, you're absolutely correct. And this bug is most definitely a known issue that will be fixed, but I'm unsure if it'll make it into R40.

Good to hear it's known issue, but it's relatively small problem and affects everybody equally, so even if I hope it gets fixed soon, I am aware that there might be higher priorities.