Game freezes on start up - Samsung Galaxy Note 3

With patch r55, the game now freezes on start up randomly... actually it doesn't load but I cannot use any other app. I have to force stop the game otherwise none of my phone's other apps will work. My phone is fine because all my other games/apps work perfectly still when I tried them after the 'force stop' of MPQ.

Has frozen my phone 4 times now upon start up of MPQ since patch.

Comments

• I also have this issue, Galaxy Note 2 w/ android 4.3

Haven't had this issue prior to to R55, only occurs the second time I open the app after restarting the device; running it from a fresh boot works every time so far.
  • I also have this issue, Galaxy Note 2 w/ android 4.3

Haven't had this issue prior to to R55, only occurs the second time I open the app after restarting the device; running it from a fresh boot works every time so far.

exact same thing happening to me, but I found I can avoid the freeze up by going ot the game via a game notification rather than clicking on the actual app
  • Exact same problem on Galaxy S3
  • same on nexus 4. Have to manually close the game after it's crashed and reopen.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same issue here with a Galaxy S3.
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Galaxy S4 icon_mad.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Happens to me too on my nexus 4. Have to close app (swipe away on the task switcher) and wait a little bit before reloading.
  • It's getting a little annoying now to have to force stop the app every time in order to play a new session.
  • wuweird
    wuweird Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Same issue with Galaxy S2.

After closing the app, I noticed my phone was heating up and draining power. Nothing in the process list, but running Advanced Task Killer showed MPQ still running in the background.

It looks like it may not be closing the process correctly, which in turn conflicts with the next attempt to run it.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Happens on both my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7.

App will launch fine after a force close, however, if I exit or tab out of the app to say look at the browser or play music I am unable to get back to the game unless I once again force close it.

Quite annoying, this went live with R55, it did not happen prior to patch
  • Same here, Galaxy S4, need fix this one ASAP
  • Same issue here with ZTE N986 running jellybean.. Guess it is an android issue.. Please fix soon devs, I'm losing matches before it even begins with this icon_e_sad.gif
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Droid Razr Maxx, Galaxy Note tablet, Elipsis tablet. Happens on all three, all three are android. Sometimes it opens. Sometimes it doesn't and I have to force stop it.
  • Same here. Full breakdown of my tests.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S5 and Nexus 7(1st edition)

Scenario - I had previously played MPQ and went to home screen. Then would try to open the app again, both immediately and hours later.

Issue - Intermittedly it will freeze on the screen I'm trying to launch the app from. Will not respond to anything til I hit the home button, then will allow me to once again control my phone. If I go to my applications running, I find that MPQ is still running and using up ~25% of my processor, even in the background. If I kill the app, I'm able to successfully launch it again.

Duration... noticed it first after the r55 patch. Has been doing it ever since.
  • there are many phones offering 2k display as Sony xperia, LG and Galaxy S6 as well has but the new note 5 offering 4K display

Samsung Note 5 Dubai Price