Why is Magneto being given as a reward?

angua51
angua51 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
Why are you still giving Classic Magneto covers as a reward in two recent tournaments when he is on the nerf list. Players will work hard and spend money to get these covers and then he will be nerfed. This is wrong and immoral on so many levels and will surely lead to widespread dissatisfaction among your customers. At least with Spiderman you stopped giving him as a reward long before he was nerfed.

Comments

• "Immoral" is too strong a word. Way too strong. It may be disappointing to people who expect to win fights single-handedly now they snagged a shiny new Magneto cover (though if that is their expectatio, they'll be disappointed either way, especially if they want to do this with just one). To most people it's just another cover. Either they can use it (like me, my Magneto is not quite complete yet, so I welcomed the two new covers I won - only one to go now...), or else they sell it. I rather think the most disgruntled ones will be those whose Magneto is an integral part of their team, and their Magneto doubtlessly has been complete for a while by now.

I doubt they didn't give out Spider-Man frequently because they were about to downgrade two of his powers. I rather think this was because he was a very powerful and overused defensive character. Spider-Man was hard to get way before the nerf was announced, I doubt the nerf was planned so long beforehand.
  • Let's be optimistic and pretend like this is a sign that they won't ruin him.
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    angua51 wrote:
    Why are you still giving Classic Magneto covers as a reward in two recent tournaments when he is on the nerf list. Players will work hard and spend money to get these covers and then he will be nerfed. This is wrong and immoral on so many levels and will surely lead to widespread dissatisfaction among your customers. At least with Spiderman you stopped giving him as a reward long before he was nerfed.
    Players can also realize that he is going to be nerfed soon so they could have taken a couple days to relax and not worry about placing top 10 in the event. Many people say this game is too demanding so this past PvP was a great opportunity to play it casually.
    I was still excited to get the 3 covers. I'm pretty sure I wont get the last one I need until way after his nerfing but I will still be excited.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    I think sometimes you guys forget that this forum accounts for only 1% of the player base. There are probably thousands of players that have no idea that a CMags nerf had been discussed. I think IceIX mentioned it was a month away. I think that means its confirmed. It would have been better IMO to give the covers after a nerf change rather than allow the player base to potentially spend money over the course of the next month leveling up abilities that might go away.
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Nerf or no Nerf, players shouldn't spend money leveling up any abilities. Players should not spend money on this game at all. It is a waste of money.
    I'd rather get the covers and use him while he is the strongest he will ever be.
    This whole forum would be pretty upset if he is the reward right after nerfing him.