slight variation of PvP rewards idea

Options
yogi_
yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
There are people who need 3*s covers a lot and there are people who have most stuff and just like to beat the **** out of each other. Or small variations of.

So, an idea. Run 2 versions of the same event at the same event.

One has the usual cover list, this is for the people that need 3* covers (and offer it to more ranks) and if you so need, reduce the HP and ISO a little.

The other may or may not have any particular covers but has a slightly higher amount of HP and ISO. This is for the people who just wanna brawl it out.

They run over the same time and the player can only pick one or the other to be in. This allows people who need the covers the most to go for them and for people that don't, they go for the other stuff.

Comments

• Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    Sounds like a win/win for players, but how does it increase D3's revenue?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ludaa wrote:
    Sounds like a win/win for players, but how does it increase D3's revenue?

In theory, if people who don't need the covers are just selling them, they're not getting used. If those players got ISO/HP instead, that means people who could use the cover will get them. There is a better chance then of someone getting covers they need, but not enough to max out, and then spending HP to upgrade the covers the rest of the way.

I don't think anything like this would actually happen though.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would be really hard to have 2 PVP events and lock people out. I think the more viable solution is to change the rewards. I would switch the 600 and 900 prize and make the cover a 3* card at 900 points. 50 HP is not a lot , but has a lot of value to someone with a 2* team. 900 points is still very hard to get to for 2* teams but what a reward. I am normally between 800-900 points per PVP and have never gotten to 1100 points. I know if 900 points was a 3* cover I think it would be worth trying to shield hop or grind a little harder.