General question on PVE node refreshing

Options
I understand that the times may change, 2.5 hours or twelve hours etc, but my question is a general one. If I play a node for a stack or two now, and it is supposed to refresh one stack in 2.5 hours, if I play again in an hour does that reset the whole process or will two stacks regen in the next 1.5 hours and the third in 2.5? Basically if I play without a schedule am I constantly restarting the clock?

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes. The node resets 2.5hrs after the last clear. So if you do a clear now, and then another in an hour, it'll be 2.5hrs for it to reset the second clear and another 1.5hrs to reset the rest of the first clear. Or at least that's how I understand it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The nodes refresh at the rate of 20% per 144 minutes or roughly 1% every 7 minutes. I don't know how often the game updates this info but once about 5 minutes or so loooks about right.

So let's say your mission started at 100%, you did it once. After 21 minutes it'd be back at about 83%. If you played again, it'd be down to 63%. It'd take you 4 hours and 27 minutes before that hits 100%, which is still the same time as doing the missions twice immediately. However, in this case you get 100% + 83% = 183%, instead of just 100% + 80% = 180% of the base points. In general, it is most advantageous to wait until mission hit 100% before doing it again, hence once every 2h 24m is the most optimal way to do it. Note that optimal doesn't mean you can beat someone who vastly outgrind you. It's about 25% more effective than doing the node 3 times at 100% versus 100%/80%/60% (3 times at once).
  • JD Geek
    JD Geek Posts: 80
    Options
    Thanks! That helps.