Rebalance - Maria Hill (SHIELD Operative) 4*

2»

Comments

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@Mr_F said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    I always thought she was pretty decent as was. If we are rebalancing 4* then Black Knight, Hulkbuster, Winter Soldier, Nebula, Red Guardian off the top of my head and a bunch of others need attention more.

Cough! Cough! Spider-Woman! Cough! Cough!

I think you all meant MYSTERIO and just typed his name wrong

I didn't type anything, but that IS what I meant.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards

The trap tile rebalance to bring it with some other other traps (sinister) is a big deal. And filling almost half the board with traps is great too.

The costume looks sick. What’s it from? Did she ever carry Thor’s hammer? What’s the story behind it? Or it just an MPQ creation?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,350 Chairperson of the Boards

Why does it have a Punisher skull on it? I am pretty curious what that’s from

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,682 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 13 September 2024, 13:27

The costume is from the period of Marvel comics during Secret Wars when they had a lot of comics set on Battleworld (Doom’s creation). The comic was Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders issue 2.

It seems like it’s not a Punisher skull on her chest, they were just trying to make it visually obvious that she was a villain in the story.

EDIT: I never read the story. People on Reddit say that her rule is inspired by Punisher (instant justice) so basically she’s a Thor Judge Dredd.

It seems like she’s a very minor character in the story as well but the devs seem to be looking for obscure costumes lately. See also: OML, Purple Man.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,350 Chairperson of the Boards

should have given her horns; don’t all thor villains have big horns?

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,183 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    Weird. She was fine. Fix cable and black widow and the other terrible 5*!

Thankfully Cable, Natasha, Black Bolt et al are all opponents in PVE, so they fit the criteria for being buffed!

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,682 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

I believe she’s not a Thor villain, but a villainous Thor….

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor

@Tiger_Wong said:
    The trap tile rebalance to bring it with some other other traps (sinister) is a big deal. And filling almost half the board with traps is great too.

The costume looks sick. What’s it from? Did she ever carry Thor’s hammer? What’s the story behind it? Or it just an MPQ creation?

She doesn't fill the board with traps, she fills it with strikes.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,069 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Wink wink, nudge nudge said The Allfather to the Valkyrie

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker

Used to like using OR with Vulture, but didn’t have an outlet for the black he creates that could also buff his CD. This would do the trick. Could also pair her with Hex and Polaris. What do you guys think?

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,372 Chairperson of the Boards

Those strikes with Hex sound like a lot of fun.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,561 Chairperson of the Boards

@Jinx said:
    Used to like using OR with Vulture, but didn’t have an outlet for the black he creates that could also buff his CD. This would do the trick. Could also pair her with Hex and Polaris. What do you guys think?

It's a fine idea and I bet it'll work, but Maria would've worked for this before her rebalance!

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker

@bluewolf said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

I believe she’s not a Thor villain, but a villainous Thor….

It would be interesting if the costume changed her affiliation from hero to villian once applied.

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,327 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 14 September 2024, 21:19

@entrailbucket said:

@Bzhai said:

They're doing rebalances and costumes though! And like honestly, 1 rebalance a month is ok. It's more than we've EVER had before.

I disagree. 2-3 new characters are released per month. Some of them are duds straight out of the door. Others are so good that make older characters into duds . Only 1 rebalance per month will still have us lagging behind forever, ever-increasingly. Just look at this single page in the thread: there's already a dozen requests for other rebalances. It is, by no means, an extensive list but just to go through it, it would take a whole year at the current pace. In the meantime, over 30 new characters would have been created, adding a significant number of new rebalance requests.

You are right that it is much better than before, but it is still not enough.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,561 Chairperson of the Boards

@Pylgrim said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Bzhai said:

They're doing rebalances and costumes though! And like honestly, 1 rebalance a month is ok. It's more than we've EVER had before.

I disagree. 2-3 new characters are released per month. Some of them are duds straight out of the door. Others are so good that make older characters into duds . Only 1 rebalance per month will still have us lagging behind forever, ever-increasingly. Just look at this single page in the thread: there's already a dozen requests for other rebalances. It is, by no means, an extensive list but just to go through it, it would take a whole year at the current pace. In the meantime, over 30 new characters would have been created, adding a significant number of new rebalance requests.

One rebalance a month is better than zero rebalances a month. Yeah, I'd like more too, but this is the best it's ever been.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,157 Chairperson of the Boards

@Pylgrim said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Bzhai said:

It will never be enough. It was a deliberate choice by the developers to have perpetual power creep on match damage and health and now on abilities too so that newer characters were always worth chasing over older ones. This keeps newer players engaged with the game because the latest ones they are chasing are the best ones since older characters are effectively 'lost forever' in dilution and it keeps older players on the treadmill too.

Even thought I've been playing 8+ years myself, I have plenty of older 5s and early 4s WAY under champed compared to characters released since then so I'd be happy if none of those older ones ever got rebalanced.

KGB

• Jinx

Seems like they always do these rebalances at the same time they start a boss event and the rebalanced character never has the right affiliation to participate in the event, so you have this shiny new toy, but you can’t play with it. Kind of like getting presents for Christmas you can only use in warm weather.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker

After looking at the numbers, they are a bit low at this point, and our usage of Traps now normally has them triggering on destruction and replacement as well as matching, so it has been updated as such.

I'm liking what this means for eventual 5* Loki rebalance. He could REALLY use that on his revive trap tile. It's super fragile.

Can't really comment much on Maria since I don't have her champed yet (she's waiting with +10 saved covers, no iso) and I can't parse the lvl 370 numbers into comparable lvl 270. Really wished we could get lvl 270 numbers on these again. It sounds like her traps got a lot better, which is nice.

• Jinx

She’ll actually end up being pretty useful. I always like using rainbow teams and she’ll work well with OR and R&G with Lower AI support in place.