MPQ 11th Anniversary: Fan Favorite Survey

S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 618 Critical Contributor
edited 23 August 2024, 22:52 in MPQ General Discussion

With the MPQ 11th anniversary around the corner, we want to hear from you to know which are your Fan Favorite Characters, Supports, PVP, and PVE events! Your choices will help us craft upcoming Fan Favorite events so thank you for sharing your feedback!

https://mpq.social/fanfavsurvey

Comments

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 359 Mover and Shaker
    edited 23 August 2024, 22:58

We all know who they'll be. It's always the same ones for the last several years.

Shang Chi, Mighty Thor and Omega Red.

How about running something instead called "Thinking outside the box" Favorites

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker

It might help to further specify some of the questions since there is too much left to interpretation (though I suppose that depends on what you plan to do with the data).

Which characters I like to use can have varying reasons: "I like to use Omega Red in everything all of the time because I like winning" is different from "I like X character because of their lore or move set".

I struggled a little to answer the questions personally as I tried to figure out what it was for. I did answer Omega for the PVP question even though I don't really care for him as a character and his move set is very dry to me. You'll surely still receive a lot of M'Thor and Omega etc. based off of imbalance rather than enjoying that character (not saying those aren't fun characters overall, just an example).

Just a thought. I do look forward to my new Northstar and Dr Bong events when they win though!

• Vader614
    Vader614 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In

I think it's unfortunate that "None of the Above" wasn't included as an option for the questions regarding ascended characters. I personally feel that ascension is a total waste of resources before I'm fully rostered, and even then, I really don't see the point beyond 1-stars. I'd rather sell my maxed characters for the ISO at this point. Maybe I'll feel differently if I'm still playing in a few years, but at just ver 2 years in, I really don't see the point.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker

@Vader614 said:
    I think it's unfortunate that "None of the Above" wasn't included as an option for the questions regarding ascended characters. I personally feel that ascension is a total waste of resources before I'm fully rostered, and even then, I really don't see the point beyond 1-stars. I'd rather sell my maxed characters for the ISO at this point. Maybe I'll feel differently if I'm still playing in a few years, but at just ver 2 years in, I really don't see the point.

Yeah, I imagine answers to that question vary drastically depending on where the person is at with their roster. I have been playing since this game was released (minus 2 year break) and I can't answer that. I have every character slotted, as many champs as ISO will allow and as many ascended as reasonably possible, but I believe usage for ascended characters only matters once they reach 5star (minus IronMay) and I only have 3 ascended to 5 (min max).

That question probably only really matters for people with many characters ascended and should probably be more specific, like "who do you think benefits the most from ascension" or "who got more fun because you can actually use them in PVP or PVE now".

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,558 Chairperson of the Boards

I bet the question about ascension will be used to choose which ascended characters appear in the anniversary vaults.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker

I hope for supports everyone pick the Stones not yet won through the community challenges

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker

One nitpick, hopefully you can change it in future polls. But the "Who's your favorite ascended X?" should be first. I went through and picked my 3 fav 4*s, and then when I chose one of them as the ascended fav it messed everything up and I had to start over lol.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,781 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 24 August 2024, 04:47

@SaltnPeppa said:
    We all know who they'll be. It's always the same ones for the last several years.

How many anniversary or fan fav stores has omega been in? Did you mean to type okoye?

• Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 140 Tile Toppler

I’m really curious why DOB is even a field on this survey.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 483 Mover and Shaker

@Sidlon said:

Standard demographic info for marketing. Helps them figure out the spending power of their player base and what strategy to use to grow or maintain players.

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 117 Tile Toppler

@Tony_Foot said:

@SaltnPeppa said:

How many anniversary or fan fav stores has omega been in? Did you mean to type okoye?

I would say Kitty

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,068 Chairperson of the Boards

@NMANOZ1 said:

@Tony_Foot said:

@SaltnPeppa said:

I would say Kitty

Dr. Strange!

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 630 Critical Contributor

@Bzhai said:

@Sidlon said:

Standard demographic info for marketing. Helps them figure out the spending power of their player base and what strategy to use to grow or maintain players.

Then ask for an age range. They do not need nor am I giving my birth date. In fact asking that makes people give incorrect answers!