Feature Request: Training with Ascended Characters

Dalbok
Dalbok Posts: 38 Just Dropped In

I'm sure this has been mentioned before.

Since Ascended Characters were added, when you obtain a cover for a character that you have multiple copies of, when it prompts that you have to choose the character to Train and you click the Train button, it brings up your entire roster for you to scroll to select, which is completely unusable. The only solution currently is to exit back to your roster, search for the right one to train and manually select.

I request that when the Train button is clicked to select a member of the roster to train, it limits the selection to just the characters from the roster that apply. There is NO reason to display the full roster (during this Train selection), when the majority of them do not apply.

It's somewhat of a small thing, but would be a time saver when opening lots of covers at once and appropriate UX for the training process (especially with Ascension and duplicate covers in play).

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,641 Chairperson of the Boards

Go to your roster, select filter, then "upgrade ready."

Characters are sorted by level, by default.

• Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 163 Tile Toppler

Exactly what EB said. The only thing to look out for is if you get one of those pre-ascended covers you need to make sure you roster it first. If you have a them on your roster already you can consume the ascended version just like you would a single cover.

I know that was an issue previously, but it's possible they've patched it out since then.

• entrailbucket

@Painmonger said:
    Exactly what EB said. The only thing to look out for is if you get one of those pre-ascended covers you need to make sure you roster it first. If you have a them on your roster already you can consume the ascended version just like you would a single cover.

I know that was an issue previously, but it's possible they've patched it out since then.

I think they fixed this. I haven't seen it happening the last few times I've gotten them.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker

@Painmonger said:

Not a thing anymore. Thank the gods!

Unfortunately, the "Upgrade Ready" filter also has shortcomings. It won't show you maxchamped copies of any rarity, or covered but not yet champed copies, should you have any.

If it's a char I'd rather ascend as-is rather than apply more covers to, I have to remember if I already have an appropriate maxed dupe waiting.

First world problem, woe is me.

When in doubt, search by name. The only way (for now?) to be sure.

• concillado
    concillado Posts: 33 Just Dropped In

Can pre-ascended covers obtained from vaults or offers actually count as single covers on already ascended versions of this character in your roster?? I wasnt aware of this!

• entrailbucket

@concillado said:
    Can pre-ascended covers obtained from vaults or offers actually count as single covers on already ascended versions of this character in your roster?? I wasnt aware of this!

It was a bug, but they fixed it.

• concillado

Fixed in like it is a possibility permanently now or not anymore?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,317 Chairperson of the Boards

@concillado said:
    Fixed in like it is a possibility permanently now or not anymore?

Not any more. 🙂

• concillado

Ok, thx :)

• Dalbok
    Dalbok Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    edited 3 August 2024, 14:50

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve generally been opening 100s of covers at once and using the generic “Claim your Rewards” screen to apply the covers. I will try using the Roster screen with the Upgrade Ready filter to compare (going yo have to break some muscle memory), but I will share some screenshots to show what I was referring to.

Claim your rewards

Cover Selection

Train Selection

Character Selection

Upgrade Ready Option

Again, thanks for the feedback, I’ll review the Upgrade Ready Option when I open lots of covers for comparison. If they are going to leave the Train/Character Option there it would be nice if the Character selection screen was filtered to the characters that the cover applies to Deadpool (It’s Me, Deadpool) in this example.

Of course, I also realize there are more important priorities too.